• Please log in to reply
7545 replies to this topic

#4021 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:28 AM

"It will go down as one of the most ill-conceived military undertakings in our history."

Should we call it "disaster," or the price of the lie?

Hey, but why bother with "democracy" when it could have been a monarchy or whatever else so long as it produces oil cheaply. It works for Saudi Arabia...;)

"Iraq should be a monarchy headed by someone from the Hashemite line."

IRAQ: One word says it all: disaster
By THOMAS F. EAGLETON

Insurgents run rampant and Rumsfeld grows more stubborn. We're etching a big black mark across American history.

We do not need to recount yet again the history of the war in Iraq. It will go down as one of the most ill-conceived military undertakings in our history.

The recently disclosed July report of the National Intelligence Council to President Bush tells us we are in grave trouble. The Republican chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Richard Lugar of Indiana, and another Republican committee member, Nebraska Senator Chuck Hagel, concur. If the failures of former CIA Director George Tenet justified throwing him overboard, then Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, the godfather of this Iraq disaster, should have been chained to Tenet.

President George W. Bush often asks, rhetorically, "Isn't the world better off with Saddam Hussein out of power?" The answer is no, no, no. Saddam, a brutal dictator, is in jail. That's good. But we have paid a bloody, awful price; a price we will be paying for years to come. The Iraq we created now is an international menace, a citadel for terrorism far more dangerous than the declining Saddam regime we deposed. Sometimes, the cure really is worse than the disease.

The next president will do a "song and dance" routine with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. He will ask for combat troops, and that request will be refused, of course. The dying in Iraq is and will be left to us.

The next president will then ask NATO to undertake and pay for a massive training program of Iraqi soldiers and police. But the United States is the cash register for Iraq and will remain so. That, at least, makes it possible that NATO would play a role in such a training program - but on our credit card.

Remember the Nixon-Kissinger "peace with honor" policy in the Vietnam War? While that administration dithered creating a South Vietnamese army that was - on paper, anyway - the fourth largest, best equipped force in the world, 15,760 U.S. soldiers were killed in action. Yet most analysts, even at the time, knew that the policy amounted to a velvet "cut and run," an empty gesture to provide face-saving cover for an American withdrawal.

That won't work in Iraq. There can be no finger-crossing or winks. Our blundering, horrid misadventure in Iraq has to succeed, and it will take years and years.

Pay no attention to Bush and Rumsfeld when they say "We expected this" or "The insurgents are desperate" or "Things are improving" in Iraq. It's pure drivel. The insurgents have an inexhaustible supply of suicide bombers. Our army, the still-pitiful Iraqi army and the people of Iraq are getting clobbered.

Fouad Ajami and Francis ***uyama, distinguished academics at Johns Hopkins University who once advised Rumsfeld that Iraq could become a democracy, have had second thoughts. Princeton's Bernard Lewis, the most acclaimed Western scholar of the Muslim world, now ventures to say that perhaps Iraq should be a monarchy headed by someone from the Hashemite line.

One thing is certain: Rumsfeld will join Robert McNamara as the two most disastrous defense secretaries in our history. McNamara has spent the last 37 years doing mea culpas around the world. Do not expect that from Rumsfeld. He never has been wrong. He will go to his grave self-described as the man who "liberated" Iraq.

Thomas F. Eagleton was a Democratic U.S. senator from Missouri (1968-1987). He served on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board.

#4022 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:31 AM

Originally posted by Bader
including loosing connection with the forum when you got to post.
Happened twice today.

SAVE before you post. I haven't been having problems...:confused:

#4023 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:33 AM

You better teach me how to fish DonQ, I get a post on my line and then I loose it!

Use a net! When you can't get the fish with the hook, use a net!

I mean, save it for later.;)

#4024 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:35 AM

How does any empire function? All three are tied together and the option left to keep the dollar alive may be limited and easily identified within all three camps.

Did you see photo, listened to song?;)

It looks like Blair is the puppet among the puppets, ain't he?:confused:

#4025 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:39 AM

in his a book on the the Versailles Peace treaty:

"... a considerable number of delgates believed that the real influences behind the Anglo-Saxon peoples were Semitic"

"...The formula into which this policy was thrown by the members of the Conference , whose countries it affected, and who regarded it as fatal to the peace of Eastern Europe , was this: 'Henseforth the world wil be governemed by the Anglo-Saxon peoples who in their turn are swayed by their Jewish elements"
page 497

I have bumped into two of the GOOD JEWS (anti lion), and they loved my proposal, including the kibbutz. Keep you posted...;)

#4026 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:26 PM

Originally posted by donquijote
Use a net! When you can't get the fish with the hook, use a net!

I am disappointed with you, when you as a environmentalist (what you claim ) recommend the net. :( Net is generally forbidden for fishing individuals and size of net openings is very restricted for industrial fishing in open water.

Anyway I am surprise that you don

#4027 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:36 PM

<I am disappointed with you, when you as a environmentalist (what you claim ) recommend the net. :( Net is generally forbidden for fishing individuals and size of net openings is very restricted for industrial fishing in open water.>

This is only used on bad fish, or should I say the sharks that we face...;)

<Anyway I am surprise that you don-t provide us information regarding Florida, I see that you were lucky and didn-t have any power problem your posts were coming and coming regardless of situation on Florida peninsula-.>

We've been spared from Hurricanes so far. We still facing Hurricane Bush though...:(

<Unfortunately you as an environmentalist doesn-t look around , than but to India, when just your Florida uses reservoirs for rain water saving and for nuclear power water cooling system!

I am also surprised that you don-t advice Washington D.C. or Boston to build wells instead of using water from dams in West Virginia ( from your Byrd senator ) or Boston from buying water from dams in Western Massachusetts. :) >

This country is about WASTE. The word "SAVE" doesn't exist in American English...:(

This proposal is aimed for some Banana Republic down south, though we got banana republic politics here...;)

"One effective way to protest is with bananas, symbolic of the sort of republic the odious Republicans have conspired for us to become.

Here in Dade County, we had serious election fraud with entire cemeteries voting, massive corruption with a stadium, the port authority, kickbacks... [and I'd add, wholesale manipulation of elderly Cuban-American voters by well-financed radio campaigns].

Of all the weapons the people can use against illegitimate authority, there is none that surpasses ridicule."
(http://www.bananabus....com/bkgrnd.htm)

http://webspawner.co...rs/donquijote40

#4028 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:52 PM

Did you see photo, listened to song?;)

It looks like Blair is the puppet among the puppets, ain't he?:confused:

It sets the question ; is difference between puppet and prostitute?
Hypothesis; the name heritage;
the true name of author of Animal Farmthe George Orwell

#4029 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:13 PM

<I am disappointed with you, when you as a environmentalist (what you claim ) recommend the net. :( Net is generally forbidden for fishing individuals and size of net openings is very restricted for industrial fishing in open water.>

This is only used on bad fish, or should I say the sharks that we face...;)
This country is about WASTE. The word "SAVE" doesn't exist in American English...:(

It is nothing bad in nature; and sharks very soon will be under protection as brown wolves etc. Don

#4030 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:45 PM

in his a book on the the Versailles Peace treaty:

"... a considerable number of delgates believed that the real influences behind the Anglo-Saxon peoples were Semitic"

"...The formula into which this policy was thrown by the members of the Conference , whose countries it affected, and who regarded it as fatal to the peace of Eastern Europe , was this: 'Henseforth the world wil be governemed by the Anglo-Saxon peoples who in their turn are swayed by their Jewish elements"
page 497

Moscow Police Hold Chechens for U.S. Reporter Murder

Moscow police have arrested two Chechens they suspect of involvement in the murder of an American journalist .
Klebnikov, editor of the Russian edition of Forbes magazine, was shot dead in July outside his office in the capital

He had also courted controversy with a book criticizing now exiled business magnate Boris Berezovsky

#4031 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 06:19 AM

a linbk between terrorism (Chechen) and the Russian Mafia Woj

#4032 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:45 AM

I expect that only small dogs from Group VII would dare to travel today to Washington on their conspiracy meeting. Invited is also China , which Group Seven the kibbutz of conspirators wants to press for the increasing value of China Yuan to rise cost of China products. China is interested in buying nuclear equipment.

Dog Extinctions Show Why Bigger Isn't Better

Fossils from extinct dogs show why bigger is not better -- giant meat-eating animals died out because they relied too heavily on hunting other big animals.
Smaller, quicker carnivores could vary their diet more, hunting small rodents and mixing in berries, roots and other food sources
This could help explain the mass extinctions of many giant animals called megafauna that dominated and then disappeared from North America over the last 50 million years.
As they got bigger, their teeth adapted more and more for ripping flesh and crushing bone and became less suited for chewing other foods. Some species developed massive jaws.
"As mean body size increased, species evolved into specialized hypercarnivores,"
"Did this result in an increased susceptibility to extinction? Such 'hypercarnivores' seem to have disappeared, based on fossil evidence, more quickly than other animal species."
None of the hypercarnivores lasted for more than six million years, while more omnivorous species endured for as long as 11 million years, they found.
http://www.reuters.c...storyID=6381008

It is symbol also of our time. Does anybody notice difference between small Slavs teeth and huge Anglo-Saxon jaw indicated the bitting and mastification of raw meat.
. . Mouth tells truth about your heritage. l:)

#4033 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:38 PM

Pope Meets Pakistani President

VATICAN CITY - Pope John Paul II met Thursday with Pakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf, encouraging him to press ahead with a "spirit of dialogue and tolerance".
After the papal audience, Musharraf met with the Vatican secretary of state, Cardinal Angelo Sodano, where such issues as terrorism and the state of the Roman Catholic.

Musharraf gave the pope a green carpet and received medals of John Paul's pontificate.
http://story.news.ya...atican_pakistan

Democracy in the Western civilization. :)

#4034 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:46 PM

"But you can't touch your buck-buddies in the Gulf, can you, Mr. President?"

Well, it must have been a tough debate, avoiding the real issues all the time. Instead of us looking for the Truth all the time, they avoid it all the time.:confused:

I did attend the Nader presentation (and it seems he's truly anti-lion) and was able to pass my flyers without a problem--people loved it, and it will be forwarded to him. If only we got together...;)

Here's a review of the Puppet Show...

Mr. Tall and Mr. Small
By Greg Palast

Thursday September 30, 2004

Our President told the debate audience, "You cannot lead if you send
mexxed missiges." I certainly hope not.

But that's exactly what we got. You watch our President, the nervous
hand-hiding, the compulsive water-glass-fondling, the panicked
I-wish-I-had-a-whiskey look, and you think, "My god, this is the guy who's
supposed to save us from al Qaeda."

And how are we going to win the War on Terror, Mr. President? "First
of all, of course I know Osama bin Laden attacked us. I know that," he
said. Well, that's a start, I suppose.

But it doesn't have to stay this way. This is America, home of the
brave and where, I remember from school, we could vote for president and
the votes would count. So we looked to the tall man next to him to show
us the way out.

In Iraq, "We don't have enough troops there," said the tall one.
Really, Senator? We should send MORE? Not exactly: Mr. Tall's got a plan
to get our troops out. He'll have a big meeting of "allies," and after
he talks with them, they will all jump up and volunteer to send THEIR
kids to Fallujah. France and Indonesia and Kuwait can't wait to ship
in soldiers and extra body bags. Right. We love you, John, but there's
no band of Hobbits coming to the rescue -- that's just a movie.

Well, he looked kind of "presidential." But given the line-up includes
Nixon, Ford and two Bushes, that's not a big trick.

I'm sorry. I know I'm supposed to stand up and cheer that John Kerry
didn't get Gored. In fact, if you look at presidential debates the way
the media plays it, as something akin to Olympic figure skating, where
you score for the competitor's style, you could say Kerry won.

But I don't feel WE won anything.

I mean, when Jim Lehrer asked how the candidates would make America
safe from terrorists, Mr. Tall said he'd hire more firemen. And add more
cops. Maybe he thought he was running for mayor.

It was disappointing, but then Mr. Small's answer was downright
frightening. We have to "stay on the offensive," and "stay on the offense,"
and "I repeat, stay on the offense." We have no doubt that Mr. Small
can be extraordinarily offensive, but even he can't take his
offensiveness to the bad guys if he doesn't know where they are. And on that
point, he's clueless.

There were two words I was hoping to hear from Mr. Tall: "Saudi" and
"Arabia." Imagine if he laid it on the line, "The terrorists didn't
put the hijackings on a credit card, Mr. President. Their Saudi sponsors
are fattening on the bloated war-driven price of oil. But you can't
touch your buck-buddies in the Gulf, can you, Mr. President?. As
Commander-in-Chief, I'd cut'm off at the spigots, beginning with the release
of oil from our Strategic Petroleum Reserve. And then I'd seize their
fat assets in the USA to compensate the victims of terror attacks."

When Mr. Tall was asked what whoppers the President has told us, surely
there was something a bit more memorable than Mr. Small's failing to
win over allies for his whacky crusade.

Here's what Mr. Tall said - in my dreams:

* "Beginning in March 2001, your Administration began a series of
meetings with oil company executives to map the conquest of Iraq and its
oil, a plan Americans would pay for in blood. You originally called this
scheme, 'Operation Iraqi Liberation' -- O.I.L. We don't appreciate
your little joke, Mr. Small."

* "One month after seizing Baghdad you fired General Jay Garner, the
man you put in charge of Iraq, after he called for rapid elections in
Najaf; after he refused to impose your plans to sell off Iraq's oil
fields. In Najaf, citizens denied ballots, turned to bullets. And then, as
General Garner predicted, the seizure of Iraq's assets resulted in the
type of war one expects -- when seeking to impose colonial control."

* "Mr. Small, you claim we've given a thousand lives to bring
democracy to the Mid-east. But so far, your democracy, Mr. Small, comes down
to a puppet prime minister, we've installed in Iraq and a puppet
government, the Saudis have installed in Washington."

OK, I can't expect all that in a presidential debate, where the message
has to fit through a tube. But still, Mr. Tall could have won my vote
with two words. It's the two-word answer John Kerry gave three decades
ago when asked the same question -- "How can we get our troops out of a
disastrous war?"

Then, the clear-minded, tall young men said, "In ships."

#4035 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:56 PM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
Dog Extinctions Show Why Bigger Isn't Better

That's why dinosaurs went down the drain. Are modern big predators fit any better?;)

#4036 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 01:23 PM

Anti-Gay Marriage Amendment Fails in Congress

"This is a partisan exercise to distract the American people from the Republicans' record of failure," said House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, a California Democrat.
http://www.reuters.c...storyID=6383639

I wonder if gay incidents are connected with ethnicity, income level or something else?

#4037 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 01:32 PM

Sweden Returns Smuggled Australian Aborigine Bones
Sweden handed over to a group of Australian aborigines on Thursday the remains of about 20 of their ancestors smuggled out of Australia almost 90 years ago by a Swedish zoologist who pretended they were kangaroo bones.

Swedish zoologist Eric Mjoberg found the skeletons during a scientific expedition to Australia in 1910-1911
Aborigines have been campaigning for years to get back the remains of their ancestors collected over the centuries by European scientists -- many trying to prove ethnic white supremacy over indigenous peoples. :confused::confused::confused:

http://story.news.ya...igines_bones_dc

#4038 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:40 PM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
Sweden Returns Smuggled Australian Aborigine Bones
Sweden handed over to a group of Australian aborigines on Thursday the remains of about 20 of their ancestors smuggled out of Australia almost 90 years ago by a Swedish zoologist who pretended they were kangaroo bones.

Swedish zoologist Eric Mjoberg found the skeletons during a scientific expedition to Australia in 1910-1911
Aborigines have been campaigning for years to get back the remains of their ancestors collected over the centuries by European scientists -- many trying to prove ethnic white supremacy over indigenous peoples. :confused::confused::confused:

http://story.news.ya...igines_bones_dc

They are superior only if they are Slavs...

Aborigenes Unite!!! Maoris Unite!!!

#4039 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:25 AM

avoiding the real issues.
Spot on DonQ.

I have tried saving my posts didnt win that way either

#4040 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:31 AM

and ethnicity?
Yep, one particular ethnicity has been dominant in promoting
gay-culture. Likewise in getting bibles and Chrisyianity out of schools in achristian nation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru