• Please log in to reply
7545 replies to this topic

#5041 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:51 AM

Bader, you once said we got to denounce the lion in every which way so others don't get eaten. Well, he eats us in so many ways, using camouflage and deceit, that we can't even sleep... I'm almost having nightmares about him...;)

Dave wrote:
> donquijote1954 wrote:
>
> > Options means having PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION and BICYCLES. I got three
> > beautiful bikes getting rust because it's not safe out there, no bike
> > lanes and no order.
>
> Start working with your local planning agencies to have safe &
> effective bike paths become part of the transportation part of your
> city's general plan. It'd take as much time as posting online just
> whining and doing nothing constructive.
>
> San Diego, CA has implemented millions of dollars of funding to create
> bike paths on their own ROW next to freeways and major arterials, has
> well marked and separated bike paths on most roads, and has bike paths
> that shortcut through parks that have no through vehicular traffic.

Me propose bike lanes? The hardcore cyclists at bicycle groups want to HANG ME 'cause according to them they are NOT the solution, and I keep saying WE NEED BIKE LANES!!! Go figure!

Here's the latest thread going on now...

http://groups-beta.g...de53d1d25199d8b

>
> Again, don't blame others for things you won't do.

Someone is responsible for the mess. They get paid big bucks to get roads flowing and parking available, but they do neither one. I only see a predator on the hunt.

>
> > To begin with we need some ORDER into our roads, since it ain't safe
> > even for compacts cars. Then we need some appropriate space for the
>
> And maybe that's part of the reason for the parking restrictions you
> have such a problem with - overnight there's not enough traffic to
> require the extra space for bicyclists to share the road, so they
> create it by eliminating parking early in the morning.

This is a no traffic street. Not cars, not bicycles. Just a few bums go by. Only rea$on they give tickets is... well, you know. ;)

>
> > bicycles, whether a bike lane or not. In a non-jungle setting though
> > you may say ALL VEHICLES ARE EQUAL, and thus there are two solutions:
> > SEPARATE LANES FOR BIKES or BICYCLES TAKE THE LANE. Either one is
> fair,
>
> The real fair option is that bicycles stay right, and avoid being in
> the way of passing traffic when possible. If a bicyclist does not have
> any other opportunity the drivers I see will yield while the bicyclist
> handles the obsticle.

Hard to believe a driver will be aware of an obstacle the bicycle may have (unless is something like a refrigerator) but then again chances are he will give a damn.

>
> > COMMON GOOD works for the individual good.
>
> The common good does work, whe people will park appropriately and
> follow the rules of the road, not just the ones you make up as you go
> along.

Not having DUI drivers is the COMMON GOOD, but so is enforcing LANE DISCIPLINE, SIGNAL LIGHT USAGE, and BANNING PHONE USAGE and so on. But the last ones are NOT enforced resulting in CARNAGE AND MAYHEM (not to mention INSURANCE RATES going up).

>
> The reason I have been, as you put it, pro-lion, is that the lions act
> the way they do for the benefit of everyone, not just the people who
> live in an apartment that doesn't provide it's residents enough parking
> opportunities.

A good lion would practice PREVENTION, not hunting without mercy unsuspecting poor little animals.
>
> The predators are people who refuse to abide by the rules of the road,
> creating an unsafe situation for other drivers and bicyclists. You've
> already proven you'd rather be a martyr than admit you made a mistake
> that cause an inconvenience for motorists, a traffic officer, and a tow
> truck driver.

I only was the victim of a predator who chose to TICKET AND TOW ME for an offense that was NOT WARRANTED. "Parking in a loading zone" where's there's NO LOADING whatsover can only qualify for predation, particularly in a zone where the people can hardly afford the rent.

>
> Think of how many fewer traffic officers would have to be hired next
> time you choose to park illegally.

Sure, they can keep an army of bloodsucking Parking Officers so long as they keep having stupid laws. Now they extended the meters to the wee hours so we can't even sleep in peace.

Lions hunt at night too, don't they? ;)

#5042 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:41 AM

Howdy DonQ,

If civilisation was allowed to benefit as it should from technology,
allowing one spouse to work and one spouse work about 2 or 3 days a week (in a debt free society) the congestion would be
avoided, there would be more time and people more activity minded and not having to jump in a car to go anywhere.

Its artificial. The 'developed' nations were able to send all the younger men off to war and still manage all the civilian and military demands from industry way back in the first world war and we are a thousand times more productive than then.

My position is still the same. Why bog down in symptoms when the causes are left rampant. Rampant as a lion.

#5043 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:48 AM

Originally posted by Bader
Howdy DonQ,

If civilisation was allowed to benefit as it should from technology,
allowing one spouse to work and one spouse work about 2 or 3 days a week (in a debt free society) the congestion would be
avoided, there would be more time and people more activity minded and not having to jump in a car to go anywhere.

Its artificial. The 'developed' nations were able to send all the younger men off to war and still manage all the civilian and military demands from industry way back in the first world war and we are a thousand times more productive than then.

My position is still the same. Why bog down in symptoms when the causes are left rampant. Rampant as a lion.

Howdy Bader
Very good point about war and productivity. One of the functions of war is to destroy the surplus that otherwise may result in the betterment of the people. These must be kept in need at all cost, so they can serve nice and good.

But, in regard the symptoms, I may argue that they are what most bother people in every day life, and people can see the lion better this way. Forget about poverty in Congo, people want to know why they only got one choice to get around (the car), why they have to endure Darwinian roads ($$$), and who's behind it (the lion). I think we can best visualize the jungle this way: THE JUNGLE IS A TRAFFIC JAM WITH NO WHERE TO GO.

Well we passed another Puppet Show yet recently...;)

"The real hypocrisy, to my mind, was watching so much gold and silver on display.............and these are the people who allege to be the representatives of Christ, who told his disciples to go out into the world with no provisions other than the shirt on their back."

Very true. I think it goes to show who the Church caters to. If they had been nice and humble, no dignataries would have gone to his funeral. Nobody cries over the poor.

#5044 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:48 AM

I notice that Clinton, as Ex-Pres is managing to stay in world limelight, as the Popes death gets more international extensive exposure than any previous Pope, as Israel shows more interest in UE. History shows that religious Rome was as ruthless with religious freedom as Pagan Rome.
The majority will just watch it all mindlessly as they did what happened in the Balkins and now in Iraq.

Conclave is silent but their members could be advised before ? Yes or no ,

#5045 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:56 PM

Bader, we should provide REAL SOLUTIONS to REAL PROBLEMS, which is people confront every day...

Of course, we know everything about the PUPPETEER, but people are not concerned about it--not yet, at least.

HOW FREE ARE WE?

"This is quite an appropriate post for me to read!

Friday I was not feeling free at all. I spent much of the day driving
to pay the car tabs on two vehicles so we don't get a ticket, stopping
to check on the car insurence, driving up to pay the property taxes,
going downtown to pay hubby's parking ticket so he doesn't wind up in
jail, filing and paying our sales tax report, and checking on the
income tax.

My entire day, not to mention my bank account, seemed to have been
hijacked by the government. And I'm still not done. I'm not feeling
free at all, I'm feeling like I haven't done anything wrong, yet I have
to jump thru a million hoops, ironically with the goal of keeping the
government out of our lives."

My goodness, are you feeding a HUNGRY LION, or is he eating you? :(

THE LAW OF THE JUNGLE

Once upon a time, in the deep jungle, lived a Lion and a Monkey... One
day the Monkey, tired of the Lion always taking the LION'S SHARE, and
seeing that such injustice represented a danger to all, demanded
JUSTICE... The Lion, yawning and stretching, said, "You would have to
have paws and sharp teeth..." Then the Monkey, who was very clever,
devised a plan: He would go to the costume store, and look like a
lion...

When the HUNGRY LION saw him, noticing that the new lion wasn't a match
for him, and fearing COMPETITION, killed him on the spot --before the
indifferent look of the little animals of the jungle... And that's how
the Law of the Jungle was re-established one more time...

#5046 sb11

sb11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46633 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:29 PM

everyone is ichi ban
everyone is number one

#5047 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:07 AM

More of this kind of talk would be useful.

#5048 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:07 AM

Originally posted by vigorous
More of this kind of talk would be useful.

and how about this?

#5049 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:46 AM

Originally posted by sb11
everyone is ichi ban
everyone is number one

Howdy and welcome guys
I believe these to be the options for Russia from WORST TO BEST:

-Choose a dictatorial path, be it communist or not
-Choose jungle capitalism in disguise of "democracy" (status quo)
-Join the EU (too large to be absorbed)
-Choose a model like Finland (capitalism with a human face)
-Choose something DIFFERENT like I propose here (taking the best of the world plus more) and lead the world to REVOLUTION. This time, without the lions.;)

#5050 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:56 AM

The pope(t) show: solution or problem?

How can you be so synical Woj, being a Pole?

The pope was buried in a trapezoid shaped box. He wore a white robe under a red robe and everyone, everyone wore black,
as you must in his presence.

Traditions and symbolisms (puppetry) are signs of secret society
foundations.

www.trapeziod.org/mission/mysteries.html

DonQ, you said forget about the poverty in the Congo and then at the bottem you said nobody cries over the poor ( relating to the funeral being more important.)

You want real solutions to real problems (everyday ones).
Fighting for bikelanes is the way to see the Lion?

"How free are we"?

That account was full of financial burdons set by govt. The writer was driving around all day just to pay govt money many times over.
Your solution is to bike around and take two days?
What makes the govt a hungry lion? The debt money system.

Russia will be number one when it runs on a debt free financial system.

Howdy Vigorous, where did you get the time to post so many?
You in prison?

#5051 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:32 PM

DonQ, you said forget about the poverty in the Congo and then at the bottem you said nobody cries over the poor

Russia will be number one when it runs on a debt free financial system.

Donq; Michael Crichton (author of Jurassic Park) was a star basketball player in High School than he decided to go to Harvard University and become a writer.
But his writing style was severely criticized and his grades hovered around a C. At the age of eighteen he decided that it was Harvard, and not he, in error.
Convinced of this he hesitatingly retyped an essay of George Orwell's and submitted it as his own. The professor did not catch his plagiarism, and gave Orwell a B-.://www.globalnets.com/crichton/left/frames.html
Why I write about Michael Crichton ? Because when one talks about Congo without reading the Crichton * Congo* book (not movie) is like the blind talking about colors.

The Bush administration plans to expand the government's database of financial transactions by gaining access to logs of international wire transfers into and out of American banks in an effort to trace and deter terrorist financing..
http://www.xinhuanet...glish/index.htm
It might lead only to gold and silver exchange systems or barter and to end US/Israel financiers.
Hand to hand transactions and barter will free world from paying true values for imaginary money.
I think that Russia is abut to understand that , so soon will be a new shock for the New World.

cynical Woj? You should be last who sees fantasy for reality. Finally Polish astronomer Mikolaj Kopernik was one who says that planets have the Sun to which their motions are to be referred; that the Earth is a planet which, besides orbiting the Sun annually, also turns once daily on its own axis;

It is big fortune for world that people are not the way , one wants them to be. :)

#5052 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:11 PM

As many as 15,000 Chinese staged protests outside Japanese- owned department stores in the southern cities The consulate in Guangzhou was attacked.
The new textbooks don't accurately report atrocities committed by the Japanese when they occupied China before and during World War II, most notably the Nanjing massacre in 1937 where hundreds of thousands of civilians died. The textbook also states Japan owns another set of islands it calls Senkaku which the Chinese dispute.
China opposes Japan's bid for a permanent seat on the United Nation's Security Council and continues to criticize annual visits by Japanese prime ministers to a shrine honoring war criminals among the nation's honored heroes.

Has China any motive to support good Sino-Japan relations?
If she has what are they?

http://quote.bloombe...hkl4&refer=home
No problem for Slavs anyway. :)

#5053 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

You want real solutions to real problems (everyday ones).
Fighting for bikelanes is the way to see the Lion?

Bader, having the OPTION to get around by bicycle FREE FROM RISK is NO SMALL WAY to beat the lion. Here we got a HUNGRY LION who loves you TO BURN OIL, and you chose to ride a CLEAN, THRIFTY BICYCLE. Of course you wouldn't choose a bicycle to go 50miles, but you would when you go 5miles, and MOST trips fall within that distance. Even better though is to have the efficient car (or shared ownership) and the bicycle used together with other ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION like public transportation, including light train and fast trains.

One such organization that sees the connection between HUNGRY LION and OIL is...

'Bike for Peace is here to help you withdraw your dollars from oil companies which profit from "oil wars" and create environmental and social catastrophes world-wide.'

http://bikeforpeace.org

#5054 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:07 PM

DonQ, you said forget about the poverty in the Congo and then at the bottem you said nobody cries over the poor ( relating to the funeral being more important.)

Bader, by "forget" I mean "let's set aside for a moment" Congo. It doesn't mean they are not important, but we must bring real solutions to the people of America or wherever first.

One place where my ideas are talking root is a place in as much chaos as Congo: Haiti. There's many of them around and they love the jungle language, ideas, etc. Yesterday I gave a flier to a mother with three kids and after a while the other two kids (no more than 9) approached me asking for more fliers...

THERE'S HOPE SO LONG AS KIDS READ THIS. THE JUNGLE MUST STOP FOR ALL SO THEY CAN HAVE A FUTURE.;)

#5055 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:36 PM

Originally posted by donquijote
Bader, by "forget" I mean "let's set aside for a moment" Congo.
)

German's BASF, the world's biggest chemical company, signed an agreement with Russian gas giant Gazprom to jointly develop a new gas pipeline in the Baltic Sea at a cost of two billion US dollars.

The deal makes BASF the first German company to gain direct access to Russia's natural gas deposits.

Under the deal, the two firms also agreed to jointly develop the Yuzhno-Russkoye gas field in western Siberia with investment of one billion US dollars.

Schroeder and Putin looked on as company executives signed the memorandum of understanding on the projects.

The two leaders described the deal as "historic." http://news.xinhuane...ent_2816349.htm

Whom we should be thankful for that we Polish now in black hole ; the demented pope or USA?

#5056 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:56 AM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
Whom we should be thankful for that we Polish now in black hole ; the demented pope or USA?

Pope took the historic step of taking Poland away from Russian lion...and give it to American lion.

You should repent now, son, for those sinful thoughts...;)

#5057 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:17 AM

Japan could likewise object to Chinese history books that dont
teach the atrocities commited by the communist revolution which probably well outnumbered the Japanese vitims.

It would be a hate crime for the Chinese to force the holocaust to share center stage. It is politically incorrect to recognise any other suffering people. The Chinese must be very arogant.

The German - Russian joint project to supply Germany with gas
means that the Russians have potential leverage to affect the US foreign strategy because Germany can enjoy a certain amount of independance, meaning the US cant leverage Germany through
their dependance on US foreign policy guaranteeing supplies of energy.

Why must we bring solutions the the US first, DonQ?

Demand for flyers:
They werent on the way to the public toilet where there is often no paper?
Just joking. If you can get peoples attention you are doing well DonQ.

The way petrol prices are going up, and the lion will be in on this, people will be forced to go and get a bike. The usual market
'force' known as supply and demand isnt involved because OPEC has been producing above quota last year and at their recent meeting agreed to up the quotas again in order to try and stop the price rise because they are thinking of those in the Congo etc.
I doubt you will teach the Lion anything unless you know what he is up to. No one is saying anything are they?

#5058 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:44 PM

Japan could likewise object to Chinese history books that dont
teach the atrocities commited by the communist revolution which probably well outnumbered the Japanese vitims.

So lets go to facts;
Mao Zedong, Mao Tse-tung (1893

#5059 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:53 PM

Originally posted by donquijote
Pope took the historic step of taking Poland away from Russian lion...and give it to American lion.

You should repent now, son, for those sinful thoughts...;)

Not at all.
Consciousness mind is obligated to stand by the truth. :)

#5060 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:07 PM

Visiting Chinese Premier in India said on Tuesday China supports India's bid for a permanent seat in the United Nations Security Council. http://news.xinhuane...ent_2819122.htm
United for Consensus, a group of six countries called a meeting in New York to oppose the move.

The six led by Italy, South Korea and Pakistan called the meeting in an attempt to thwart the hopes of not only Japan and India, but also Brazil, Germany and two African countries to gain permanent seats.

The group, United for Consensus, also includes Argentina, Mexico and China.

It is seeking to stop a proposed UN reform known as Model A that would add six permanent seats to the existing five.( held by China, France, Russia, the UK and the US.) The proposed reform was among those unveiled last month by Kofi Annan, , as part of an overhaul of the international organisation. http://news.ft.com/c...000e2511c8.html

Famous Lech Walesa statement : I am for and even against it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru