7545 replies to this topic

#5181 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:09 PM

Originally posted by Gari-Gari
Therefore my basic thought had been that they are quite free to state whatever they want and establish the truths that they want to establish - free from any dependency on political dictatorship .

Respond to Gari

#5182 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:23 PM

Originally posted by donquijote
"
"Thirty percent of the US budget is spent on the elderly. And none of this is going to change until they're gone. Why not? to shift the balance in favor of younger generations ? the seniors' lobby is the most powerful in the country. Besides, they make an argument that's hard to beat: they earned it. They put in their time at the company, deferred their own gratification to indulge their (Boomer) children. And now they're going to get their reward even if it kills the rest of us."

My neighbor had bypass surgery four years ago. Since than he takes some medication, the same one. This medications cost for times more today than for 4 years ago.
Please send your complain on the guilty one .
Please tell me why elderly should feed pharmaceutical companies because I don't know.

#5183 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:30 PM

Thanks woj for clarifying the Kerry/ Clinton thing!
Nothing more to add except that your vision of a GW x 3 will take my sleep tonight.

Oh Donq again , when you will be Napoleon?

#5184 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:16 PM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
Oh Donq again , when you will be Napoleon?

Oh, my dear Woj, I'm too tall for that...:cool:

#5185 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:43 PM

>This post disappears . Anyway it questioned ability of young ito run coop revolution. <

The young from all over the world go to kibbutz to experience community life. Many are disappointed when they find it's not what is used to be. Nowadays Darwinian capitalism rules over the jungle. The little animals who decide to get together to resist predators and live a simple life are considered "crazy." The lion has won.

If you tell me, Woj, what's the solution you propose, I may start listening to you.

>You must admit that DL teachings on the way of life is the most closest to communist view on human spirit and might be the biggest danger to capitalist status quo.<

There's little danger in an old man preaching community life or peace if when the young wake up to the world they find a jungle. They better have sharp teeth and paws. What we must provide is for the young to have other options, and then we'll welcome his preaching.

Or perhaps we can sing to Bob Marley's rythm, which is much more fun...

ONE LOVE:cheers:

One love, one heart
Let's get together and feel all right
Hear the children crying (One love)
Hear the children crying (One heart)
Sayin', "Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right."
Sayin', "Let's get together and feel all right."
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa

Let them all pass all their dirty remarks (One love)
There is one question I'd really love to ask (One heart)
Is there a place for the hopeless sinner
Who has hurt all mankind just to save his own?
Believe me

One love, one heart
Let's get together and feel all right
As it was in the beginning (One love)
So shall it be in the end (One heart)
Alright, "Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right."
"Let's get together and feel all right."
One more thing

Let's get together to fight this Holy Armageddon (One love)
So when the Man comes there will be no, no doom (One song)
Have pity on those whose chances grow thinner
There ain't no hiding place from the Father of Creation

Sayin', "One love, one heart
Let's get together and feel all right."
I'm pleading to mankind (One love)
Oh, Lord (One heart) Whoa.

"Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right."
Let's get together and feel all right.
(Repeat)

(you may be able to listen to the song at the link)

http://www.bobmarley...ngs.cgi?onelove

#5186 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:13 PM

And I was prevented too from handing out my fliers FOR WORLD JUSTICE, and denounced to the police (risking a good beating and landing in jail) at an event where some "Tibetan nun" was paraded by Amnesty International (I never got to see her, so I don't know if it is the same one) to show how much they are doing for the world. They too care about Pea$e, I'm sure.;)

washingtonpost.com
Tibetan Nun Is A Fake, U.S. Says
Woman Accused Of Passport Fraud
By Jerry Markon
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, March 24, 2005; Page A01

Sonam Chodon won the sympathy of human rights advocates and even a U.S.
congressman because she said she was a Buddhist nun fleeing persecution
in her native China.

Now the government says she was never a nun at all.

Chodon, 31, was indicted last week on charges of passport fraud,
document fraud and perjury. She is expected to turn herself in to
federal authorities before her arraignment in U.S. District Court in
Alexandria today.

Federal officials said Chodon, who grew up in a Tibetan village near
the foot of Mount Everest, concocted the nun tale as part of her highly
publicized bid to gain asylum in the United States. She described going
to a nunnery in Nepal, where she shaved her head, burned incense and
arose at 5 a.m. to recite prayers. "I'm just a simple Buddhist nun,''
she told an immigration judge in Arlington in 2003.

In reality, the government says, Chodon is part of a passport fraud
ring still under investigation. Federal investigators do not know why
she allegedly faked being a nun, but they say the case highlights the
potential danger posed by those who may exploit immigration laws, as
the Sept. 11, 2001, hijackers and other terrorists have done.

"There is a national security issue here,'' said Michael J. Garcia,
assistant homeland security secretary for immigration and customs
enforcement. "Maybe not in this particular case, but we have a general
vulnerability here.''

Chodon's attorney, Richard Beizer, said she would plead not guilty at
today's arraignment. Chodon, who was jailed in Virginia for nearly six
months starting in 2003, could not be located. Federal officials said
she is believed to have been living in New York.

Human rights workers and Tibetan activists fear that the charges may
cause the United States to overlook the suffering of thousands of
asylum seekers fleeing religious persecution in China and political
oppression around the world. Chodon -- who was featured in a front-page
article last year in The Washington Post -- said her family members
were tortured for their religious beliefs.

[...]

At a hearing before Schmidt, Chodon said she was first admitted to a
Nepalese nunnery in March 2002. Federal agents traveled to Nepal, went
to the nunnery and showed Chodon's picture, said a federal official who
spoke on condition of anonymity because the information is not in the
indictment.

The nunnery had never heard of Chodon, the official said.

-----------------------

http://www.washingto...co-ntentId=A...

#5187 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:23 AM

If one can be a successful free-loader so can another.

No one is going to seriously try and budge China and travelling around for many years is clearly an opportunist spree, nothing has changed and nothing will change.
The next issue will be Taiwan.

I sent a post in last night, it aint here.

#5188 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:45 AM

Originally posted by Bader
If one can be a successful free-loader so can another.

No one is going to seriously try and budge China and travelling around for many years is clearly an opportunist spree, nothing has changed and nothing will change.
The next issue will be Taiwan.

I sent a post in last night, it aint here.

That was good, Bader.

The lady who organized the activity for Amnesty International, I've known for a while, but I think she worried that I may have stolen some of her clientele, and sent the hyenas to get me.

They denounce the lion in far awar places, but then call on the local one when they fear competition. The Tibetan nun was only the bait for the dupes...

A lot of camouflage out there.:cool:

PS: Was it the "invisible hand" that made your post disappear? Did it say something revealing about invisible puppeteer?;)

#5189 Gari-Gari

Gari-Gari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:22 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
[B]...
In exchange governments support Christian Church and they are not interested to support competition of DL.
DL was invited to Czech in Poland to stated complain on China on human rights and restriction on religion.
It was end of DL role seen by the West and not to discuss competitive religion . So please don

#5190 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:57 PM

> The little animals who decide to get together to resist predators and live a simple life are considered "crazy." The lion has won.

If you tell me, Woj, what's the solution you propose, I may start listening to you.

Before you start your Banana revolution you must fight at first counterrevolution :) .
I don

#5191 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:06 PM

I would disagree with Buddh. being closest to communism. Perhaps I just don t like the idea and close off there. - One thing for sure, Communism never felt close to Buddh. instead they nearly eliminated an entire culture of century old religious traditions.

Buddhism and Communism glorify human beings in contrary to Christianity where life of human being is upfront determinate by God in Protestants; in Catholics human has free will but everything is in God

#5192 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:17 PM

This unfortunate case where a false nun claims abuse she has not suffered should not make forget or ever put in question the litterally millions of Tibetans who were killed, abused, jailed for decades and stiffled in many of their rights while being deprived of the possibility to continue living in their country under normal circumstances.

Howdy Gari
I got a radical view (if radical means "to the root") about the problem and its solution: THE PROBLEM IS THE JUNGLE, and the solution is facing the lions (the lie-ons) square and saying "enough!"

Few of these organizations (that claim to be fighting for "justice") however want to face the ugly truth and change the world for once. Perhaps they are cowards, perhaps they are getting the scraps, but they do nothing.

The real nuns who do suffer are only a consequence of the jungle. If you do not face your lion, your lion is going to eat you, as simple as that. So the nuns may as well face their own lions (the ones running their organization) and tell them to face their lions, who often promote them. So it's facing all lions or no lion. And anyway getting asylum in the USA in exchange for silence in other places is hardly a solution. There are many Tibets in this world!

When they say "NO LION NO PROBLEM" they will on the right track. I see people driving around me with the bumper sticker "FREE TIBET!" and I say, "f*** Tibet, and f*** the nuns, FREE THE WORD!!!":cheers:

#5193 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:32 PM

Before you start your Banana revolution you must fight at first counterrevolution :) .
I don-t have problem ; I see the Panslavist revolution as the best solution for me .

Internationalism will not work , too big bills between nations are not settled, and even grow. :)

I think you miss the Russians in your territory...;)

I believe in strong ties among Slav nations the same way I believe in strong ties for Latin American nations, but they must each must be identified by their culture. Say I call for Guarapo Revolution for Cuba, but Arepa Revolution for Venezuela.

Arepa is a corn patty filled with cheese, etc. and it's a staple for the poor. Its survey goes like this...

DO YOU LIKE AREPA COLD AND DRY OR MOIST AND HOT?

Take your pick!!! :cheers:

#5194 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:50 PM

You shall know them by their friends...

"U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Miami, a Cuban American, has been active in the Tibetan cause. She has been trying to get the White House to officially recognize the Dalai Lama as a head of state."

I mean, this lady is a hawk but she supports the "dove"... Something fishy here.:confused:

Cuban exiles view Dalai Lama as `brother'
By ANA ACLE
Herald Staff Writer
When His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama speaks to a packed Golden Panther Arena April 16 at Florida International University's main campus, his message will touch the hearts of Miami's Cuban exiles.

But the reason has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with politics.

The spiritual Tibetan leader has won much of the world's support for his compassion. Miami Cubans also look to him as a brother in exile.

``The struggle for liberty among the Cuban people and the Tibetan people [is] basically the same struggle,'' said Roberto Rodriguez-Tejera, director of Radio Marti.

He noted that Tibetans fled the Chinese communists the same year, 1959, that Fidel Castro took control of Cuba.

Radio Marti plans to broadcast a live Spanish translation of the Dalai Lama's address to Cuba beginning at 2 p.m. And all next week, the station will promote the upcoming transmission with sound bites of the Dalai Lama's reflections.

The address will also be cybercast.

Rodriguez-Tejera said Cubans on the island are very interested in the Dalai Lama because books about him have been distributed through the Black Market. They are also interested in Martin Luther King Jr. and Ghandi.

``These personalities have a tremendous importance because of the message of civil disobedience,'' he said. ``It shows that they have a route to express themselves politically, but it doesn't include violence.''

U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Miami, a Cuban American, has been active in the Tibetan cause. She has been trying to get the White House to officially recognize the Dalai Lama as a head of state.

http://www.fiu.edu/~fcf/dalaibro.html

#5195 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 12:51 AM

Both systems historically lived of the backs of the people.
Both have a claim on being god.
Both have a similar tradition of a special 'search' for the successor
and announce it by smoke from a chimny.
Both wear similar clothing and I think celebat.
I expect both therefore originated in ancient Babylon along with the statue of women holding child - Queen of Heaven and he reincarnated husband in her son.

Yes, there is a lot of camoflage out there.
And maybe Amnesty International should be checked out as well.

If the DL was recognised as a leader of a state, then every leader of a religious order would have to be recognised. The Vatican as a state is one too many.
If Catholics read their Bibles they would find Jesus saying his kingdom was not of this world. The Papacy is virtually a kingdom.

If the DL preaches everyone is saved, period; saved from What?
The three monotheistic religions ( Jewish, Christian and Muslim)
all believe in a day of judgement. One has to conclude then that according the DL there is no real judgement, just a commercial break.

"up front determinate by God"

You mean pre-destination Woj? Is that not also in God's hands?
In fact more so isnt it,? because it suggests that salvation isnt dependant on man alone (self richeousness).
Catholics and Mormons salvation is through their Priests which is not Biblical, but Babylonian.
Since all are saved according to the DL, he can retire and get a
regular job and earn his way around the globe. Since all are saved he and any other 'holy' man are surplus to requirements.
The communists would agree on that, is that where they 'meet'?
Man has only a material heaven to arrive at, since his future after death is assured?

Autocracy v Theocracy
Here's a question for homework:
What's the difference between a president for life and a Pope/DL system?
What ever duped Cubans to want the DL to sooth their wows?

If all Chinese by law were to be vowed to be under poverty and not own property, in worship of the State, which is god, amnesty international would have to look elsewhere and the DL hold his tongue.

DonQ:
Not so much camoflage on the kibbutz eh?
Appears there is a hidden hand. Pressure perhaps being put on to look after the interests of that poor and needy bunch.
It could have been the information about an incident of deliberate waste of humanity in an area, in the Stalin era of history of Russia.

#5196 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:15 AM

DonQ:
Not so much camoflage on the kibbutz eh?
Appears there is a hidden hand. Pressure perhaps being put on to look after the interests of that poor and needy bunch.
It could have been the information about an incident of deliberate waste of humanity in an area, in the Stalin era of history of Russia.

Howdy Bader
I agree with all the part left out. A lot of camouflage...

In kibbutz there's no need for camouflage because no one is eating you. Once the camouflage is removed even the lion can be himself. I say of Libertarians that at least they don't hide. And so with the other "parties" in ECONOMIC DEMOCRACY. Monopolistic communism and conservatism dressed in sheep's clothing though are no more. They are too bad and can only survive by having an "enemy" (each other)...

We may add to the list of slogans: NO CAMOUFLAGE NO PROBLEM!:cool:

#5197 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:14 AM

"Kimchi is a Korean dish usually made from cabbage and radish."

This is why I emphasize FOOD so much. Firstly, HUNGRY REVOLUTIONS feed the lion. It gives him good PR. Secondly, they are a symbol of their culture. And how can they ever stand up to McDonald's if they even lack their own Kimchi?:confused:

"They don't eat enough, and their diet is very narrow; typically cereal -- rice or maize -- and vegetable soup and kimchi. Very little protein. Very little fruit."

North Korea's urban poor at bottom of the pile
By Martin Nesirky
Tue May 3, 9:20 AM ET

SEOUL (Reuters) - If North Korea is one of the world's most impoverished countries, then those living in cities in the isolated communist state are close to the bottom of the food chain.

Trapped between vicious inflation and uncertain paydays, the 60 percent of North Korea's 22.5 million people that aid workers estimate live in urban settings are a new underclass in a country where the daily food ration is equal to about two bowls of rice.

"New vulnerable groups are emerging because of economic changes," wrote Kathi Zellweger of the Catholic charity Caritas in a report outlining a $2.5 million appeal.

The outside perception might be that those groups most at risk were largely in the countryside. The reverse is true; urban poverty is a growing concern for aid workers. Yet despite the trend, few believe the poverty gap will cause social unrest.

Caritas says North Koreans in general are among the most marginalized people in the world because of the closed nature of their communist system. Stop-start economic reforms have pushed many further to the fringes, notably in cities.

"The gap between rich and poor is widening," Zellweger said. "There is little opportunity for such dense and urbanized populations to directly engage in food production."

Of course, poverty is a relative term in a country with a per capita income of $818 in 2003. That compared with $14,162 last year in unabashedly capitalist South Korea, Asia's third-largest economy and the North's neighbor below the heavily fortified Demilitarized Zone frontier that bisects the peninsula.

"Most urban residents are constantly living on the edge," said Richard Ragan of the World Food Program, which is studying the problem to work out how best to help further.

"They don't eat enough, and their diet is very narrow; typically cereal -- rice or maize -- and vegetable soup and kimchi. Very little protein. Very little fruit."

Kimchi is a Korean dish usually made from cabbage and radish.

Those most vulnerable in North Korea spend 70-80 percent of their meager wages on food, Ragan said in an e-mail interview. Runaway inflation means little is left for non-food items. Electricity is short. Homes are cold in winter.

more...

http://news.yahoo.co...orth_poverty_dc

#5198 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:08 PM

"Kimchi is a Korean dish usually made from cabbage and radish."

My grandmother was during war in !950

#5199 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:27 PM

Sometimes people are not only what they eat.

Sometimes they are, look at McDonald's people...;)

But the point is that going through scarcity while at war is understandable, but 50 years later is not. A common weakness of all centralized economies is scarcity and corruption. Even Vietnam turned away from it, regrettably in the direction of capitalism and not coops, following China's model.

Why is it that communists rather go to capitalism than to ECONOMIC DEMOCRACY, empowering and feeding the people at the same time? Well, both commuism and capitalism suffer from a hungry lion. Hungry lions feed themselves and ignore others.

That's why the Kimchi Revolution is the most anti-lion solution there is. When people are fed, they can talk politics, and they are not dependent on the beast.:cool:

#5200 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:32 PM

Both systems historically lived of the backs of the people.
Both have a claim on being god.
Both have a similar tradition of a special 'search' for the successor
and announce it by smoke from a chimny.
Both wear similar clothing and I think celebat.
I expect both therefore originated in ancient Babylon along with the statue of women holding child - Queen of Heaven and he reincarnated husband in her son.

If the DL was recognised as a leader of a state, then every leader of a religious order would have to be recognised. The Vatican as a state is one too many.
If Catholics read their Bibles they would find Jesus saying his kingdom was not of this world. The Papacy is virtually a kingdom.

If the DL preaches everyone is saved, period; saved from What?
The three monotheistic religions ( Jewish, Christian and Muslim)
all believe in a day of judgement.

When one decides to become policeman he doesn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru