#5221 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 01:04 AM

Originally posted by Gari-Gari
Main point:

"Don t feed the LION." is there in the recommendation of "Don t feed the EGO MIND." (meaning that Ego Mind can be something manifest in the exterior, outside world as well as something interior, part of one s own wrong attitutdes).

I don't deny the lion inside, but but my peaceful sheep is 1000 stronger than my lion. Their's is only camouflage...;)

The lions you can see out there all the time: To begin with, they don't talk to you nicely, they roar at you. And then is the issue of the LION'S SHARE. They love to keep it all to themselves while keeping the little animals of the jungle down. And that's not nice. Oh, well, and then their inclination to waste money on whim, particularly in wars and space exploration, while keeping the jungle in dire need. But hey, they still swear they are sheep!!!:confused:

#5222 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 01:29 AM

But before I spin forward the idea, let me question your suggestion. Why do u want us (bader, don.quij, me) to go to a monastery and stay there? Eventually we could still be useful as active members within our democracies and societies?!
...once the grey coulds of war assemble over the globe, I will, of course, reconsider the monastery version again. We might meet then somewhere :D

Or we could start different sects... Let me see, mine the "Banana Sect"...:D

Woj, closest to my coops are the Missions of Paraguay (founded by the Jesuits, whether you like them or not). Today they could have been same as kibbutz or Tibetan life or better, but, of course, were wiped out by monopolistic lion. For one, they Indians worked only six hours a day, when Europe worked over 12 hours.

What I propose though has no religious connotation, but offers the "HAPPY LIFE" (something DL says is the purpose of life) and FREEDOM FROM THE LIONS. I'm sure life without the lions will be a happy and plentiful one.;)

Voltaire, no lover of religious Orders, says of the Jesuits:** `When in 1768 the missions of Paraguay left the hands of the Jesuits, they had arrived at perhaps the highest degree of civilization to which it is possible to conduct a young people, and certainly at a far superior state than that which existed in the rest of the new hemisphere. The laws were respected there, morals were pure, a happy brotherhood united every heart, all the useful arts were in a flourishing state, and even some of the more agreeable sciences; plenty was universal.'

http://www.worldwide...adia/chap5.html

#5223 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:33 PM

[B
I still prefer a mountain desert where Tibetan culture is still alive, someplace in Ladakh would be optimum.

But before I spin forward the idea, let me question your suggestion. Why do u want us (bader, don.quij, me) to go to a monastery and stay there? Eventually we could still be useful as active members within our democracies and societies?!
[/B]

When you see happiness in monastic life why not join it or you just have to have the luxury of Tibet mountains comming with it?. :)
You are saying ; This is a pact among the two sides, monastery and community, that each of them agree with. It s something they want. And it seems to have worked well so far. Tibs are provided by nature with a particularly strong body that makes them get the best experience out of the harsh conditions in the mountains. It s their life and they tend to love it as long as their minds have not gotten invaded by mundane Coca-Cola indoctrination of an illusionist Western happiness-ideology.-

So you are agree that that this monastery coop is beautiful and luxurious but inactive life , sort of treasure create only to be cultivated as a piece of art not as a real things. :)

#5224 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 01:47 PM

Originally posted by donquijote
Woj, closest to my coops are the Missions of Paraguay (founded by the Jesuits, whether you like them or not).
Voltaire, no lover of religious Orders, says of the Jesuits:** `When in 1768 the missions of Paraguay left the hands of the Jesuits, they had arrived at perhaps the highest degree of civilization to which it is possible to conduct a young people, and certainly at a far superior state than that which existed in the rest of the new hemisphere. The laws were respected there, morals were pure, a happy brotherhood united every heart, all the useful arts were in a flourishing state, and even some of the more agreeable sciences; plenty was universal.'

And now tha facts;
The Society of Jesus (Jesuits) was founded by Spanish Saint Ignatius of Loyola 1491,--1556.
Born into the nobility, he began his career as a soldier. While convalescing from wounds inflicted by a French cannonball in 1521, he experienced a religious conversion. After a pilgrimage to Jerusalem, he pursued religious studies in Spain and France. In Paris he gathered about him the companions (including St. Francis Xavier) who were to join him in founding the Jesuits. He was ordained a priest in 1537 and established the Society of Jesus in 1539. The new order received papal approval in 1540, and Loyola served as its general until his death, by which time it had branches in Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, Poland India, and Brazil. Loyola laid the foundations of a system of Jesuit schools.http://www.britannica.com/search?query=Jezuits+order&ct=&go_button.x=8&go_button.y=4

Actually it was extremely energetic order in its fight for power. They practically dominated the education in catholic countries as Poland, France, Spain in private, educational institutions. Alumni these Jesuit school were obligated to act accordingly to the general of Jesuit order.
Practically they Jesuits try to get full power in countries they live especially that have private confessions as a tool to get opinions, facts and set up the intervention.
In Krakow in Poland one can still visit some confessional boots connected with piping so churches official could listen the confession and don

#5225 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 02:48 PM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
And now tha facts;
The Society of Jesus (Jesuits) was founded by Spanish Saint Ignatius of Loyola 1491,--1556.
Born into the nobility, he began his career as a soldier. While convalescing from wounds inflicted by a French cannonball in 1521, he experienced a religious conversion. After a pilgrimage to Jerusalem, he pursued religious studies in Spain and France. In Paris he gathered about him the companions (including St. Francis Xavier) who were to join him in founding the Jesuits. He was ordained a priest in 1537 and established the Society of Jesus in 1539. The new order received papal approval in 1540, and Loyola served as its general until his death, by which time it had branches in Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, Poland India, and Brazil. Loyola laid the foundations of a system of Jesuit schools.http://www.britannic...8&go_button.y=4

Woj, you haven't disproven anything about the Missions they created. Remember, the point is the mission themselves and not the Jesuits. I'm far from recommending the order...;)

But I do recommend learning from the Missions of Paraguay...

Missions
In this area, Jesuits distinguished themselves from the rest of the Catholic clergy who supported the established powers (first the Spanish and then the Criollo), and condoned the harsh treatment meted to the indigenous people by the big landowners (the church somehow becoming the largest one of them in the process).

(see pictures):cool:

http://berclo.net/pa...n-paraguay.html

#5226 Gari-Gari

Gari-Gari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:02 PM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
So you are agree that that this monastery coop is beautiful and luxurious but inactive life , sort of treasure create only to be cultivated as a piece of art not as a real things. :)

But, woj,
I am not at all speaking of an "inactive life" nor did I even say I need to join the monastic life.
Whatever the decision, life in these Himalayan mountains is extremely busy. Only a hard worker can survive. May that be a lama by making plenty of adivinations and giving teachings and washing floors in the monastery or a lay person working in the fields.

The idea of keeping it alive as a treasure of art is yours. I would never see that as art but as an active life.

It s only after the Chinese invaded Tibet that the religious culture has been endangered and therefore passed to be "art" that some strive to conserve.

"Feelings should always be allowed to be free. You should not judge a future love by past suffering."
http://www.warriorofthelight.com
http://www.paulocoelho.com

#5227 Gari-Gari

Gari-Gari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:07 PM

The image of a calm, luxurious monastic life somewhere in the pittoresque mountains at the golden roof of the world is as well a creation of the Coca-cola culture. Matter of fact is that it s a daily struggle for them to survive there. But they do it in the best possible way, being organized like ants, everybody has a duty to fulfill for the community and everybody gets support of everybody for advancing in his studies and meditation. Every aspect of life is cared for, the material side and the spiritual one as well. Even sex is included in the higher practices, though in a different form than we know of here.

"Feelings should always be allowed to be free. You should not judge a future love by past suffering."
http://www.warriorofthelight.com
http://www.paulocoelho.com

#5228 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 04:17 PM

The image of a calm, luxurious monastic life somewhere in the pittoresque mountains at the golden roof of the world is as well a creation of the Coca-cola culture. Matter of fact is that it s a daily struggle for them to survive there. But they do it in the best possible way, being organized like ants, everybody has a duty to fulfill for the community and everybody gets support of everybody for advancing in his studies and meditation. Every aspect of life is cared for, the material side and the spiritual one as well. Even sex is included in the higher practices, though in a different form than we know of here.

Howdy Gari
They probably do Tantra, but if they work so much they may have to settle for a "quicky.";)

Philosophy of hard work is both that Capitalism and Communism, or that of regions where the conditions are so severe that render survival a struggle. But kibbutz turned the desert into bloom, I guess thanks to high tech (say irrigation and mechanization) not primitive methods.

I like kibbutz because they have many techniques that can allow us to WORK LESS, so we can enjoy enlightening practices like politics, and, of course, Tantra...

I'm tempted to call kibbutz (the ones we propose, with all the changes, like less work and more partying) something romantic...

KIBANANA!:cheers:

Achievement through innovation and technology.
Israel's agricultural sector is characterized by an intensive system of production stemming from the need to overcome the scarcity in natural resources, particularly water and arable land. The constant growth in agricultural is due to the close cooperation between researchers, extensionists, farmers and agriculture-related industries. These four factors develop and apply new methods in all agricultural branches with government support. The result is modern agriculture in a country more than half of whose area is desert.

http://www.agron.co....sh/agrocult.asp

#5229 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:22 AM

By their fruit we shall know them, especially the Lions.

Gari-G:
Woj answered your question regards "saved", he did say it publically.
Just seemed strange word for him (DL) to use, like if a Christian used the word Karma.

"Bddh is not a system in which faith or belief would have a central role to play."

Very strange thing to say if you are associating 'system' with faith and belief. Faith and system are opposites to me.
On the other hand if bddhst have no belief as central to their
way of life, then it isnt a religion its a philosophy.
A system requires knowledge (teachings) and practice (traditions) to achieve the claimed result of compliance.

"Faith is described as a characteristic necessary in unintelligent
pple or those in the very beginning of the path."

I dont know who described it as such but I prefer the definition of faith as being the 'substance of things unseen' and not able to be appreciated by natural reasoning/ the five basic senses of the natural life. The word "unintelligent" is correct in the sense of the previous sentence and is considered to be a very spiritually mature persons blessing not a beginner.

So one should be careful about using terms that arent part of ones beliefs.

"Saved from a dualistic mind (dividing into 'good'and 'evil' ) as GWB does."

Is Yin and Yan dualistic? "one is ones savior or enemy"- is this not also a dualistic conception?

However GWB while associated with the Methodist Church is also
a Skull and Bonesman which is a black magic cult and thus
negates his claim to be a Christian. I have yet to read him actually using the name "Jesus", he usually uses such secret society eg Masonic , titles such as 'Lord Christ' which in Masonic teaching means the illumined ( Lucifer) one, Jesus Christ being of one side of the supposed dualistic divine dynamic and Satan the other, white magic, and the struggle between the two, consistent with yin and yang leads to some divine benefit to humanity.
Bush is with the Black side the Pope is White and anyone who gains his audience has to dress in Black. The occult and Chritianity of directly opposed.

Like pretty words, labels are cheap and are camoflage and where there is camoflage there is a lion!
Eh DonQ?

The Bonesman cult is a sister one to the Thule Group which Hitler and Hess and others were members of.

Woj:

Thanks for the Teutonic Knights. Smacks of the Knights Templars
which were the fore-runner to the FreeMasons. Servants of Lions
as well no doubt.
I have more respect for the slavs than that Woj. May you enjoy Pleasant Nights.

DonQ:
"Silent tsunamis", like debt that enslaves many nations in poverty
yet the leading nations like G8 look the other way.

When the IMF etc have their meetings young people gather and protest against the silent tsunamis while Chirac and his reps are
protected by armies of police who close off streets inside a whole block and bash their heads in for daring to show disrespect to their betters.

#5230 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:33 PM

Originally posted by Bader
B]
Woj answered your question regards "saved", he did say it publically.
Just seemed strange word for him (DL) to use, like if a Christian used the word Karma.

Thanks for the Teutonic Knights. Smacks of the Knights Templars
which were the fore-runner to the FreeMasons. Servants of Lions
as well no doubt.
I have more respect for the slavs than that Woj. May you enjoy Pleasant Nights.

/B]

The Teutonic Knights was only one the Christian Protestant escape to cooperation..:)
The Rule to vow of obedience and lifelong residence at one monastery, a ban on personal property, an abbot elected for life who appoints all other officers, and a precisely ordered day that includes five to six hours of liturgy and prayer, five hours of manual work, and four hours of scriptural and spiritual reading might be not agreeable with general protestant soul. :)

I today understood what the Slavs knew from thousand years . Their virtue names ended with word FAMOUS .
It was de facto the indication of their religion or philosophy.

They dream about their earth continuity.
They don

#5231 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:48 PM

They lost their protest Woj and become what they walked away from. The old saying - you can get Israel out of Egypt but not get Egypt out of Israel. They (ancient Israel) werent interested in the ten commandment either. Moses threw them down in disgust.

Early Slav beliefs seem more like Buddhism.

Maybe why they have converted to a form of christianity that has a lot of outward form/pagentry and tradition as demonstrating virtue.
This might be why St Petersburg is such a magnificent display of
architecture compared to the bomb-shelter architecture of the
Roman and Greek worlds.

I agree the DL was trying to communicate in the idiums of the culture which is only successful with those who have a 'common'
but inexact understanding.
Like the term 'judeo-christian' which is in real terms a contradiction, an oximoron. But commonly used in ignorance.

#5232 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:57 AM

According to the Bible, the Lion was once a vegetarian, so, in order to pacify him, we can "GIVE THE BANANA TO THE LION." (We will be making T-shirts with that slogan soon.)

Guys, I really think this is the best method to handle the beast--while trying not to be eaten. Everybody finds it hilarous and it makes sense... Well, sort of.:cool:

And, if you need any Biblical validation, there's this interpretation, "In the Middle Ages, the banana was thought to be the forbidden fruit of paradise by both Moslems and Christians." So the 'tree of knowledge,' which produced the 'forbidden fruit,' was more likely than not that of sexual knowledge, which gave us the 'original sin.'

"The biblical text is known : yielding to temptation, the primordial couple tasted of the fruit of a prohibited tree, that of Knowledge... [and] humans become aware of their sexual condition. The price was heavy to pay : they lost their immortality.
'6 the woman saw that it was good to eat, the fruit of this tree! how good it was to behold ! it seized one with the desire to act with sagacity!... she thus took a fruit and ate of it ; she also gave some to her husband close by and he ate... 7 So their eyes were opened and they became aware of their nudity : they bent leaves of the fig tree to be make loincloths...'" http://perso.wanadoo...on/modesty5.htm

So we may argue that we are making Satan the Lion pay his due by giving him the banana. A carnivorous lion is no longer acceptable.

#5233 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:57 AM

Originally posted by donquijote
. A carnivorous lion is no longer acceptable.

When Napoleon attacked Moscow , Moscow stands open for him as a desert .
Napoleon pressed further and further his army only to meet the abandon villages. No dog or one smoke was seen from thechimneys.
Only snow drops heavier and heavier when hungry soldiers in despair passed, until finally get order to return.
No feed the lion with bananas only wait, as prince Michal Kutuzov defending the Moscow. (1812):P

#5234 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:37 PM

B]I agree the DL was trying to communicate in the idiums of the culture which is only successful with those who have a 'common'
but inexact understanding.
Like the term 'judeo-christian' which is in real terms a contradiction, an oximoron. But commonly used in ignorance. /B]

Saakashvili, writing in today's Washington Post, proposes an association of East European states including Georgia, Romania and the Ukraine. The group will seek to foment peaceful overthrow of the dictatorship in Belarus, Saakashvili wrote.
``After recent discussions with presidents Traian Basescu of Romania and Viktor Yushchenko of Ukraine, I believe that it is time for a new Yalta Conference, a voluntary association of new European democracies,'' Saakashvili wrote.
``In Belarus, 10 million people remain in a more regimented captivity. The regime of Alexander Lukashenko rules by fear, yet fears its own people,''.
``They've got stroke,'' Jackson said in an interview in Tbilisi. ``Now you are not negotiating with small states. You are negotiating with 150 million people.''
http://quote.bloombe...1gvw&refer=home

And I will vote for Alexander Lukashenko on president of Russia in nearest possibility.!

#5235 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

I guess thenold Yalta is when Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill ( two socialists and a zionist) made the decision on behalf of all the nations of eastern Europe
that they will become colonies of Moscow.

Now they are to become colonies of UE. Interesting to see Yugoslavia broken up and eastern Europe clumped together.

Remember Beslan school, the first shot in the war to break up Russia?

And Napoleon didnt even find banana skins in his path yet he slipped up anyway.

#5236 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:29 AM

And Napoleon didnt even find banana skins in his path yet he slipped up anyway.

Howdy guys
Well, now I'm well prepared for the lion: I got plastic banana that I hold like handgun. Other monkeys burst in laughter, and lion feels ridiculed and runs away.

This is what in mind for the T-shirts...

http://www.mhdesign....ion/monkey.html

Would you wear them??? But take my advice and get a banana yourselves.:cheers:

#5237 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:43 AM

An apple a day keeps the Doctor away.
A banana a day keeps the lion away.

I wonder where New Jersey got their name Donq.

Maybe the pilgrims had a lion to get rid off and wore their colours?

#5238 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:41 AM

An apple a day keeps the Doctor away.
A banana a day keeps the lion away.

I wonder where New Jersey got their name Donq.

Maybe the pilgrims had a lion to get rid off and wore their colours?

They landed here escaping prosecution and soon after were prosecuting Indians.

The Indians were forced to take arms and then the lion played the victim. That's why banana is better weapon.;)

#5239 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:30 AM

The lions was in England and France. Their monkey's were mainly on the coast where the trade/exports and money was. Those who went interior were trying to get away from the lion.

Indians were well armed and fighting one another long before the
slaves who escaped from the Lion get there. Live by the 'sword',
die by the 'sword'.
Live by the banana, laugh by the banana!

#5240 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:09 AM

B].

Remember Beslan school, the first shot in the war to break up Russia?

And Napoleon didnt even find banana skins in his path yet he slipped up anyway. /B]

This is unimportant what Bush said in Russia or did, only that 50 nations together with China leader celebrated the event and they like it and China provide photos ; The grand parade marking the 60th anniversary of the victory of Russia's Great Patriotic War over Nazi Germany is underway in Moscow's Red Square on Monday
http://news.xinhuane...nt_2936961.htm.
Chinese Peng , a well-known World War II historian, said that the rest of the world seldom integrates China's contribution into its collective memory of World War II because of the cold war after the victory in 1945.

And Bush set with his wife, which she segregated the world powers, otherwise, he would be lonely he has no too many friends in Europe.
Probably he would be happy with president Israel but this place was reserved for Polish Kwasniewski. :)
Bush is interested in reheated the cold war but only he is interested in.
"China's resistance effectively stopped a Japanese invasion into the far east of the Soviet Union, which was facing an extremely arrogant Nazi Germany in its west. The far east region became the most important strategic home front for equipment and food, and more 500,000 troops were transferred from the region to the west,"
When Germany swept the Europe in 1940, Chinese troops initiated winter counteroffensives across the country..
"That is the main reason why Japan did not respond the demands of Germany to attack the Soviet Union or invade British troops in Southeast Asia,".
. "Without Chinese resistance, it would have been almost impossible to implement the 'Europe first' strategy,"
Although China was itself having a difficult time in 1942, it still sent an expeditionary forces of 100,000 to Burma to fight the Japanese. In the next three years, China sent a total of 300,000 troops to Burma, killing more than 60,000 Japanese soldiers.
Japan declared that they could defeat China in three months, but China resisted for eight years at a cost of 35 million lives and 100 billion US dollars worth of materials. The poorly equipped but brave Chinese armed forces kept many thousands of Japanese bogged down in Asia while the western alliance struggled against the formidable Germans.
Even when the American army started its counteroffensive in the Asia-Pacific region in December of 1943, the China Theater still contained at 54 percent of the Japanese land forces. "Victory was not automatic. The history of World War II would have been completely different without China's long-term resistance," China also provided huge agricultural and mineral materials for its allies during the war, 450 million US dollars worth for the Soviet Union, US$747.85 million worth for the United States and 114.8 million pounds worth for Britain, http://news.xinhuane...nt_2939452.htm.

U.S. *Democracy * Aid for Ex-Soviet States Falls Despite Emphasis From Bush and because *He who pays the piper gets to call the tune.* Bush should be first to understand that.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru