7545 replies to this topic

#5581 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:35 PM

Originally posted by Bader
Once you start to disect society regards rights you introduce tyrany. Who cares if point 0006 of the population were not capable of voting and their spouses voted 'for' them. Perhaps we should have scaners in every dwelling to ensure no bulling goes on prior to voting or any talking that could amount to persuasion as to voting.

Now as to the disaster of having voted for Bush, DonQ do you really beleive it would have made any difference if Kerry got in????

Well, it may have made little difference in 2004, but it did make a difference in 2000, which gave us the president that gave us the war. I still believe Al Gore was the Last Great Hope...

Why is Florida's voting system so corrupt?

(...)

Buying ballots is another current problem. In 1998, an election volunteer was caught selling ballots to undercover agents. And just last week, the Cuban exile columnist Max Lesnik reported that absentee ballots were being sold on Miami's Calle Ocho for $25 apiece.

So, by doing away with the witness requirement, Hood, Gov. Bush, and the Florida Legislature have removed the only existing brake on absentee-voter fraud. It's now open season in the Sunshine State.

There is also the matter of Florida's large elderly population, which can be susceptible to manipulation. For example: For years, until he disappeared in 1982 after a drug-smuggling indictment, a Bay of Pigs veteran named Rafael Villaverde bused hundreds of Cuban exile ancianos [elderly] in Miami-Dade from old-age homes to the polls so they could deliver the vote for the Republican Party.

http://www.slate.com/id/2105524

#5582 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:24 PM

Many greetings to the Slavic iirst world woman kosmonaut
Valentina Tereszkowa!!!

#5583 Torquez

Torquez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2191 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:07 PM

Unfortunately Poland was baptized by the Catholic church.

Looking at what happened with Russia(poverty, despotism, backwardness) I would say:quite fortunetely.

#5584 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:09 PM

Looking on unemployment 20% in Poland and 6% in Russia I would share your point of you,
Poland has in addition the church and military in Iraq and Afghanistan on its bill.

#5585 Torquez

Torquez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2191 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:39 AM

Looking on unemployment 20% in Poland and 6% in Russia I would share your point of you,

Yawn...Show me the figure on 20%.
Anyway I prefer to have 30% unemployment then genocide like the one in Chechnya or the brutality of police like the one in Russia.

#5586 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:46 PM

Because we are Slavs so keen for fame, Herodotus opinion about Slavs written by him in 480bc , would broke our harts.
He called us the Scythians farmers because of the similarity of iron technique, in of distinguish from Irano- Scyth who were nomads.
Herodotus strongly criticized the picture of unshaved Slavs and fact that they drank from a human skulls. He didn

#5587 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:17 PM

Originally posted by koti
A book to read:

"Life begins at 65"

The not entirely candid autobiography of a drifter

by HANS BLUMENFELD
Harvest House, Montreal, Canada

ISBN 0-88772-035-8 (pbk.)

Guys, I'm not that young either, but I think elderly should retire and enjoy themselves not vote in issues they got no knowledge about. I bet you less than 25% know the word Kyoto, for example. They vote over issues that affect them like what drugs they will get, and perhaps it's only natural.

And they don't know another reality, perhaps nobody knows the other reality, which is that they receive 8 times more than children, that represent the future and hope of the country. Well, they are the true forgotten people, often not having even healthcare coverage...

So is it that the elderly live that well? Hardly. There's a greedy medical industry, nursing homes and other leeches that devours their generous medical coverage. Do the elders care? Of course not!

Americans

#5588 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:39 PM

With extended acquisition of new lands, one blood Slavs started to the differentiate to 3 groups;
Venedic western , Antic Eastern and Southern and Sklavinian southern.
Slavic families were from agriculture and animal husbandry.
. The families were united in clans which descended from a common ancestor.
On pubic meeting all the favorable and unfavorable matters were discussed a the Slavs governed themselves.

#5589 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

Medal Count
Country Total
Norway 1 5 5 11
Russia 4 3 2 9
United States 5 2 0 7
Germany 4 1 2 7
China 0 2 3 5
Austria 1 2 1 4
Sweden 2 0 1 3
Netherlands 1 2 0 3
South Korea 1 1 1 3
Country Total
Canada 1 1 1 3
Italy 1 0 2 3
Finland 0 1 2 3
France 1 0 1 2
Switzerland 0 1 1 2
Estonia 1 0 0 1
Croatia 0 1 0 1
Czech Republic 0 1 0 1
Latvia 0 0 1 1

#5590 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

What's the GSB stand for?

Poles adopt Catholic Church to spite Germans. Join the UE to spite Russians.

When are they going to do what they want rather than do what someone else doesnt want them to do?

There should be more employment in Russia right now due to the price of oil.

The UE adds on to its mass in order to feed its core, which is 'take' not to feed out to the peoples.

Banana economics:

If the children are being neglected and the aged not why try and solve this by two wrongs, taking off one to give to the other?
Technology is doing so much work we dont have to do, better than slavery ever pampered any generation, there is enough 'wealth' for all to have what is needed. Until people wake up there will always be a lack of political will to conform with true reality.

Society is made up of groups in the main and thus a majority is only a part of the picture. The aged is but one block. At election time there are a host of issues/ policies not just one or two that only one group are concerned with, so it is pointless taking the vote off everyone except those under thirty, for example, because they are our immediate future.

What are you creating DonQ? The need for exams to qualify for the vote? Like a drivers licence? In order to authorise it everyone votes on it!

You are starting to sound like a lion DonQ.

#5591 Torquez

Torquez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2191 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:35 AM

Poles adopt Catholic Church to spite Germans. Join the UE to spite Russians.

We joined EU because it makes easier for Poland to develop and we are safer from imperialistic desires of Russia.As to catholicism it isn't connected to Germany.

#5592 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:02 PM

Nothing is more loyal, then an enemy.
Wojciech Fortuna won gold in communist past .
Now we Poland don,t have any medal at all.
Unfortunately this type of progress is in every aspect of life.
I wonder if these who support presence don

#5593 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:11 PM

Medal Count
Gold Silver Medal TOTAL
NORWAY 1 6 6 13
RUSSIA 4 3 2 9
UNITED STATES 5 2 1 8
GERMANY 4 2 2 8
CHINA 1 2 3 6

#5594 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:29 PM

I can not wait when YUSHCHENKO will loose election and start cry that his votes were stolen.

#5595 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

Banana economics:

If the children are being neglected and the aged not why try and solve this by two wrongs, taking off one to give to the other?
Technology is doing so much work we dont have to do, better than slavery ever pampered any generation, there is enough 'wealth' for all to have what is needed. Until people wake up there will always be a lack of political will to conform with true reality.

Society is made up of groups in the main and thus a majority is only a part of the picture. The aged is but one block. At election time there are a host of issues/ policies not just one or two that only one group are concerned with, so it is pointless taking the vote off everyone except those under thirty, for example, because they are our immediate future.

What are you creating DonQ? The need for exams to qualify for the vote? Like a drivers licence? In order to authorise it everyone votes on it!

You are starting to sound like a lion DonQ.

The closest I come to being a lion, it's when I snoar at night... Otherwise I quote another answer I gave...

Originally posted by Sammy
The elderly receive benefits that they spent their entire adult life paying for.
Your idea that the elderly don't deserve the care they worked hard to pay for has a "1984" quality about it.

Mothers and children should certainly be cared for but not to the exclusion of the elderly.

Your solution that is sheer lunacy and encourages more illegitimate births and welfare rolls.

The notion that "the elderly should retire and enjoy themselves not vote in issues they got no knowledge about" is ludicrous. First you assume people get dumber as they age, then you assume the elderly don't "enjoy" exercising their right to vote. If that were true, your problems would be solved and the elderly would stop voting when they reach retirement age.

You claim you're "not that young either" but, your foolish posts puts you between thirteen and twenty-five. Hardly mature enough to make decisions for the elderly.

I wished, but I'm twice the highest age above. Being immature comes from wishing a better world than the jungle we got and seeing it as a young-at-heart man, which makes me question things that are so unfair...

I'm not for taking away benefits from the elderly, but from the leeches that benefit from them. And since the elderly won't do it, we only got to choices: either take away the vote from them or empower those who most suffer from it, the forgotten ones, the children, who got no voice.

That the elderly get insured nail clipping while the young get no health insurance or limited benefits is SCANDALOUS, to use the word cited before. Well, if you don't want to drop the leeches then you can increase the benefits of children 8 fold, instead of wasting money in Iraq. ;)

#5596 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:26 PM

to itemise people requires a police state, we are coming to that when individuals can be 'qualified' and sorted as to how they will fare within the system.

You dont have to speed it up DonQ.

You are pushing people around who are innocent and fighting symptoms.

Even after having done that you wrongly assume that the ballot box is the simple answer to everything its not. The lion will play with children more easily than older people. If the older people are too conditioned then the lower generations need to be educated so when they get older and smarter you have a strong resourse base to do more then just vote.

Torquez:
I was meaning that since Germans would have been largely Lutherans Poles chose the opposite.

#5597 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:29 PM

to itemise people requires a police state, we are coming to that when individuals can be 'qualified' and sorted as to how they will fare within the system.

You dont have to speed it up DonQ.

You are pushing people around who are innocent and fighting symptoms.

Even after having done that you wrongly assume that the ballot box is the simple answer to everything its not. The lion will play with children more easily than older people. If the older people are too conditioned then the lower generations need to be educated so when they get older and smarter you have a strong resourse base to do more then just vote.

Torquez:
I was meaning that since Germans would have been largely Lutherans Poles chose the opposite.

What you say is reasonable, but the elder may frustrate any effort to change the world by ballot.

And just look at what this other gerontocracy is doing...

Originally posted by Sammy
The elderly receive benefits that they spent their entire adult life paying for.
Your idea that the elderly don't deserve the care they worked hard to pay for has a "1984" quality about it.

It's a gerontocracy the more likely to impose an Orwellian world...

"The Chinese state believes that it needs to control information about
democratic reform, funny exercises in parks and its revolting record in
Tibet. This says more about how whacked the GERONTOCRACY which rules
China is than it does about an intelligent - if despicable - attempt to
create the full Orwell."

http://jaycurrie.inf...-old-men-of-...

#5598 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:04 PM

You understand me wrong,
I try to explain that the country like

#5599 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:06 AM

? understand what you said Woj, blood id thicker than water.

DonQ: Sammy is right.

The jaycuurie site was faint and had nor text in the area of the articles. Gerontacracy will be a subject that wil get more attention than it ought soon with the baby-boomer generation coming into retirement soon. The babyboomer being those born at the end of the second world war.

Those in retirement will not vote against themselve not will those getting close to retirement.

With technology doing more and more work for us we all should be retiring earlier and working fewer hours before then.

#5600 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:24 PM

? understand what you said Woj, blood id thicker than water.

DonQ: Sammy is right.

The jaycuurie site was faint and had nor text in the area of the articles. Gerontacracy will be a subject that wil get more attention than it ought soon with the baby-boomer generation coming into retirement soon. The babyboomer being those born at the end of the second world war.

Those in retirement will not vote against themselve not will those getting close to retirement.

With technology doing more and more work for us we all should be retiring earlier and working fewer hours before then.

Howdy Bader
I couldn't agree more with the last part, but I see the young doing the change not the old guard. To expect that the Chinese gerontocracy, for example, will want to drop the lion (or dragon) is believing in fairy tales.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru