Jump to content

Theme© by Fisana
 

Photo

What would it take for Russia to be #1?


  • Please log in to reply
7545 replies to this topic

#7321 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:54 PM

Venezuelan president promises oil supply for Belarus

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez promised Saturday to supply oil to Belarus signing an agreement with the former Soviet state's visiting president for a joint venture to exploit oil and natural gas in Venezuela.

"The oil your nation needs ... is here, as much as you need for 100 years, 200 years," Chavez said at a ceremony at Guara Este oilfield in eastern Venezuela.

The two sides also agreed to set up a joint venture, 60 percent of which will be controlled by Venezuela's state-run company Petroleos de Venezuela SA, or PDVSA. Belarus' state-owned firm, Belorusneft, will take the remaining stake.

"In a few years we will be able to produce nearly 50,000 barrels of oil a day between us, and that oil will go to Belarus,"Chavez said.

The move is highly significant for Belarus, which relies on Russia for oil and gas supplies. In return, President Alexander Lukashenko, who was on his first visit to Venezuela, pledged military cooperation with Venezuela.

"We have a way to respond to this great gift the Venezuelan people have given us," Lukashenko said.
  • 0

#7322 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:58 PM

Originally posted by Bader
Vaguely remember something but cant recall.
But didnt the Kursk come to grief in the north pacific?

Yes, but Missouri was damaged and moved to Norwegian submarines services.
  • 0

#7323 Bader

Bader

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
Yes, but Missouri was damaged and moved to Norwegian submarines services.



I wonder if they collided and both not aware where the other was. But to take that sub all the way to Norway had to be for something special. What's your angle?
  • 0

#7324 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:25 PM

Norway
Location:
Northern Europe, bordering the North Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, west of Sweden but Dependent areas:
Bouvet Island, Jan Mayen, Svalbard and Disputes - international:
Norway asserts a territorial claim in Antarctica (Queen Maud Land and its continental shelf); despite dialogue, Russia and Norway continue to dispute their maritime limits in the Barents Sea and Russia's fishing rights beyond Svalbard's territorial limits within the Svalbard Treaty zone ( 18 US marines) :wonder:
  • 0

#7325 Bader

Bader

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:11 AM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
Norway
Location:
Northern Europe, bordering the North Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, west of Sweden but Dependent areas:
Bouvet Island, Jan Mayen, Svalbard and Disputes - international:
Norway asserts a territorial claim in Antarctica (Queen Maud Land and its continental shelf); despite dialogue, Russia and Norway continue to dispute their maritime limits in the Barents Sea and Russia's fishing rights beyond Svalbard's territorial limits within the Svalbard Treaty zone ( 18 US marines) :wonder:


Those 18 will be protecting America from terrorists.
  • 0

#7326 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:37 PM

Do honest societies need constant protection, or Mea Nostra ? :scrollhah
  • 0

#7327 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:30 PM

Who will kindly explains to me why any patriotic Slav president should be against nationalization ? :hugo: :viva:
  • 0

#7328 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:47 PM

ROMANIA BREAKS RANKS WITH EU OVER KOSOVA...
Statements made by Romanian and Greek ministers on December 11 suggest that claims of "virtual unity" among EU foreign ministers on December 10 were overly optimistic (see "RFE/RL Newsline," December 11, 2007). Romanian and Serbian media quoted Romanian Defense Minister Teodor Melescanu as saying on December 11 that the Romanian parliament would not recognize a "unilateral act, such as [a declaration of] Kosovo's independence." Speaking after meeting his Serbian counterpart, Dragan Sutanovac, in Belgrade, Melescanu condemned any putative declaration of independence as "not in keeping with international law," and warned that it "could have a very negative effect on the entire region." Melescanu also called for a continuation of direct talks. "We do not think that setting a date for the completion of negotiations between Serbians and In an assessment closer to Russia's than to that of other EU states, Cioroianu expressed optimism that recent direct talks between Belgrade and Prishtina paved the way for a compromise solution. He credited Serbia for that perceived advance. He also appeared to undercut the EU's attempt to achieve unity and play a decisive role in resolving Kosova's status, insisting that it is up to individual states, not the EU. The EU's function, he said, is to provide a forum for discussion -- and so far that discussion has not produced a consensus. His ministerial colleague, Melescanu, said Kosova's future should be decided by the UN Security Council. "Serbia is an independent, sovereign state whose territorial integrity must not be affected"
  • 0

#7329 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:53 PM

GREECE SAYS 'TOO EARLY' FOR KOSOVA STATE
"It is still too early to talk of independence for Kosovo or of the possible recognition of its independence," Greece's foreign minister, Dora Bakoyannis, said in an interview with the Serbian daily "Vecernje novosti" published on December 12. "The fact that there was no progress [in direct talks between Serbia and Kosova] does not mean that we cannot arrive at a solution," she said. "Discussion about [Kosova's] status remains open," she insisted. Similarly, Bakoyannis appeared to leave open the possibility of a fresh round of direct talks when she addressed the Greek parliament on December 11:happy:
  • 0

#7330 Bader

Bader

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:24 PM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
Who will kindly explains to me why any patriotic Slav president should be against nationalization ? :hugo: :viva:



Ask the Polish govt.
  • 0

#7331 Bader

Bader

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
ROMANIA BREAKS RANKS WITH EU OVER KOSOVA...
Statements made by Romanian and Greek ministers on December 11 suggest that claims of "virtual unity" among EU foreign ministers on December 10 were overly optimistic (see "RFE/RL Newsline," December 11, 2007). Romanian and Serbian media quoted Romanian Defense Minister Teodor Melescanu as saying on December 11 that the Romanian parliament would not recognize a "unilateral act, such as [a declaration of] Kosovo's independence." Speaking after meeting his Serbian counterpart, Dragan Sutanovac, in Belgrade, Melescanu condemned any putative declaration of independence as "not in keeping with international law," and warned that it "could have a very negative effect on the entire region." Melescanu also called for a continuation of direct talks. "We do not think that setting a date for the completion of negotiations between Serbians and In an assessment closer to Russia's than to that of other EU states, Cioroianu expressed optimism that recent direct talks between Belgrade and Prishtina paved the way for a compromise solution. He credited Serbia for that perceived advance. He also appeared to undercut the EU's attempt to achieve unity and play a decisive role in resolving Kosova's status, insisting that it is up to individual states, not the EU. The EU's function, he said, is to provide a forum for discussion -- and so far that discussion has not produced a consensus. His ministerial colleague, Melescanu, said Kosova's future should be decided by the UN Security Council. "Serbia is an independent, sovereign state whose territorial integrity must not be affected"



Incredible. He puts most the worlds leaders to shame.
  • 0

#7332 Bader

Bader

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:30 PM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
GREECE SAYS 'TOO EARLY' FOR KOSOVA STATE
"It is still too early to talk of independence for Kosovo or of the possible recognition of its independence," Greece's foreign minister, Dora Bakoyannis, said in an interview with the Serbian daily "Vecernje novosti" published on December 12. "The fact that there was no progress [in direct talks between Serbia and Kosova] does not mean that we cannot arrive at a solution," she said. "Discussion about [Kosova's] status remains open," she insisted. Similarly, Bakoyannis appeared to leave open the possibility of a fresh round of direct talks when she addressed the Greek parliament on December 11:happy:



This creation of a phoney state by removing peoples and replacing them to form a political entity to suit a European power reminds one of Israel.
  • 0

#7333 Raggz

Raggz

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4294 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:59 AM

Originally posted by Bader
This creation of a phoney state by removing peoples and replacing them to form a political entity to suit a European power reminds one of Israel.


The creation of Israel had the legitimacy of a UN mandate. The independence of Kosovo does not have this fig leaf.
  • 0

#7334 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 04:35 PM

Originally posted by Raggz
B][b][color=green]The creation of Israel had the legitimacy of a UN mandate. The independence of Kosovo does not have this fig leaf.B]


Soon the UN will bankrupt and will disappear from New York. It means that Israel will lose its legitimacy?:scrollhah
  • 0

#7335 Bader

Bader

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:13 AM

Originally posted by Raggz
The creation of Israel had the legitimacy of a UN mandate. The independence of Kosovo does not have this fig leaf.



A 'state' of Kosovo has the legitimacy of NATO 'mandate'.

Serbia wasnt consulted although the legitimate govt. Neither were the Middle East Jews and Arabs consulted. Neither originated from within.

The decision was made abroad in both cases and imposed on the existing societies by intervening through lies and violence and displacement.

Legitimated crimes against humanity are still crimes against humanity. Legitimacy remains until challenged by justice and truth
ie by default.
  • 0

#7336 Bader

Bader

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:18 AM

Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
Soon the UN will bankrupt and will disappear from New York. It means that Israel will lose its legitimacy?:scrollhah



If it disappears from NY it may turn up in the down sized Israel creating a state of 'peace' in Palestine. Perhaps a city-state like the vatican.
  • 0

#7337 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

Originally posted by Raggz
[B][b][color=green]The creation of Israel had the legitimacy of a UN mandate. B]

Cuba has UN Legitimacy against USA regarding economic embargo, why it is not respected by USA? :viva:
  • 0

#7338 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 05:34 PM

Why it is dangerous for Europe to bash China
By Patrick Messerlin
European rhetoric aimed at China is becoming American in style: confrontational and shrill. Trade deficits and exchange rates are the lightning-rods. European Union threats of retaliation have become more frequent.
The EU
  • 0

#7339 Bader

Bader

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 06:22 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by woj1@cyberonic.
[B]Why it is dangerous for Europe to bash China
By Patrick Messerlin
European rhetoric aimed at China is becoming American in style: confrontational and shrill. Trade deficits and exchange rates are the lightning-rods. European Union threats of retaliation have become more frequent.
The EU
  • 0

#7340 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 03:47 PM

Russia supplies nuclear fuel to Iran

Bushehr nuclear power plant (NPP) that was contracted by a Russian company,
:kowt:
  • 0




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru