#821 GIJOE

GIJOE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 10:18 PM

Originally posted by donquijote
<TRUE BUT SHE HAS NOT MADE THE CUT UNTIL VERY RECENTLY. >

Joe, when you cite like that I don't see what you are referring to. Perhaps you can try some marks like mine...;)

DonQ I was referring to golfing terms, not making the cut simply means not playing well enough to get to finish the weeks tournament. G I Joe

#822 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:34 AM

Rather interesting google site DONQ.
I wasn't inspired by the responder to get involved. Rather interesting to see my post and divided up by responses or
perhaps the better word is reactions. Notice for example he said
the corps don't go to China etc merely for lower labour costs but didn't say why, if he said why I would describe it as a response.
Actually there may well be huge tax breaks as incentives as
well but we were keeping to the real issue- who is benefiting from the work being done.

That sample of Matson - the Law of the Jungle
brings back the issue as to whether the "law" is exterior as a governmental regulator or "lore" as in internal/culture such as taught by parents and social institutions associated with the grass roots.
This is a parallel issue to centralised power v. decentralised power. They can produce were different outcomes.
An important matter it brings out though was the importance of
the moral factor which liberalism in the west has been destroying
making it more amoral and corruptable(breaking down lore/culture) as time goes on. The various posts about the dumbing down of society by tv, especially U.S. tv shows is all
included here in my view.
Which brings it back to repeating the need for cultural revival in
Russia to help set a social base for becoming a number one society.
Perhaps it could be argued that an amoral society is one of
social anarchy making it easier for gov or corp monopoly in media
to move the public as a mob by emotions and temporary political correctness and not values.

GI J, the examples of Germany and Japan are rather selective and simplistic but to a certain degree as you say it can't be refuted.
In respect to the nations the U.S. has intervened in and changed,
carry on...it will suddenly get a lot harder and you have a long way to go. That's why I say selective.
If the Allies, eg Britain was given the privilege of having their industial sector virtually totally rebuit at the end of the war putting them up with those other two with the most modern/new plant.tech and equip etc
rather than an old one costing much in repairs and maintenance and less efficient, which they had to compete with, many people would not have said Germany and Japan really won the war and Britain lost.

#823 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:35 AM

G I Joe; //THE AMERICANS DESIRE A BETTER LIFE FOR ALL WALKERS OLD PEOPLE IN THEIR WALKERS MOTHER S PUSHING THIER NEW BORNS IN WALKERS BABIES IN THEIR WALKERS AND EVEN DOWN AND OUT STREETWALKERs TOO.//

I would rather say that; THE AMERICANS DESIRE A BETTER LIFE FOR ALL is PUSHING people straight to heaven

#824 GIJOE

GIJOE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:47 PM

China is emerging as the Japan of the millinium. There is little to fear from nation of over a billion souls work hard and eating fairly well. Look around your homes and you will find three out of every four items in your home were made in China. From clothing to tools to fixtures to furniture, and soon the auto business will be next. This is causing a silent turn to capitalism.
From my posts on this line from the poeple of China, it has been explained ot me that China is Communist in name only. the true method business is private for most of the entire country.
alas the heart of communism is dead and the fingers have begun to show strong free capitalist movement. The leadership
just as in Russia will before to long realize the need to show its true face, and have elections with the entire U N watching.
At first we will not see any major changes in the leadership, however over the course of time the leadership will truly represent the people this is inevidable... invest in China....
it s a winner....

G I Joe

#825 Buttersideup

Buttersideup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10450 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 06:53 PM

invest in China....
it s a winner....

:mad:

#826 GIJOE

GIJOE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:43 PM

Originally posted by Bader
Rather interesting google site DONQ.
I wasn't inspired by the responder to get involved. Rather interesting to see my post and divided up by responses or
perhaps the better word is reactions. Notice for example he said
the corps don't go to China etc merely for lower labour costs but didn't say why, if he said why I would describe it as a response.
Actually there may well be huge tax breaks as incentives as
well but we were keeping to the real issue- who is benefiting from the work being done.

That sample of Matson - the Law of the Jungle
brings back the issue as to whether the "law" is exterior as a governmental regulator or "lore" as in internal/culture such as taught by parents and social institutions associated with the grass roots.
This is a parallel issue to centralised power v. decentralised power. They can produce were different outcomes.
An important matter it brings out though was the importance of
making it more amoral and corruptable(breaking down lore/culture) as time goes on. The various posts about the dumbing down of society by tv, especially U.S. tv shows is all
included here in my view.
Which brings it back to repeating the need for cultural revival in
Russia to help set a social base for becoming a number one society.
Perhaps it could be argued that an amoral society is one of
social anarchy making it easier for gov or corp monopoly in media
to move the public as a mob by emotions and temporary political correctness and not values.

GI J, the examples of Germany and Japan are rather selective and simplistic but to a certain degree as you say it can't be refuted.
In respect to the nations the U.S. has intervened in and changed,
carry on...it will suddenly get a lot harder and you have a long way to go. That's why I say selective.
If the Allies, eg Britain was given the privilege of having their industial sector virtually totally rebuit at the end of the war putting them up with those other two with the most modern/new plant.tech and equip etc
rather than an old one costing much in repairs and maintenance and less efficient, which they had to compete with, many people would not have said Germany and Japan really won the war and Britain lost.

In a sense it s true Britain had a downside in the big war, by not having the oportunity to create a brand new infrastructure,i e Japan and Germany. However,
unlike Japan and Germany and Italy, The U K WALKED AWAY WITH A MIGHTY NUCLEAR ARSENAL AND POWERFUL NAVY AND AIR FORCE, To protect itself from further attacks against itself.
THE U S A saw that this was the case for not only the U K but those forever true friends the French . solid pals till the end right1111111 G I Joe

#827 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 02:55 AM

G.I. Joe,

France is our true friend. As you so well pointed out.

#828 Buttersideup

Buttersideup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10450 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 03:03 AM

:rolleyes:

#829 GIJOE

GIJOE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 05:26 AM

Originally posted by The Beat
G.I. Joe,

France is our true friend. As you so well pointed out.

CAN ANYONE DEFINE FRANCE IN RELATION TO THE U S A?

#830 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 12:44 PM

Yes it is true.
Slavs would never live in capitalist system, spending their life at cash registers or at assembling lines. We are too high class people to spend our life on rat race. As Marx said that in capitalism is system where people with money hire people without money to make things. People with money sell for a profit, the things people without money make and in turn use this money to hire more people (for as little as possible) to make more things to sell for more money.
Would anybody with open mind who remember heroes from Aurora in attack on Winter Palace or Gagarin, the first man in space, imagine Slavs in shameful capitalistic rat race? Do you imagine the Slavs spending their life subjected to the stimulants like a Pawlow dog in harness, for a new coffee maker or washing machine?
I don

#831 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 12:57 PM

<THE AMERICANS DESIRE A BETTER LIFE FOR ALL WALKERS OLD PEOPLE IN THEIR WALKERS MOTHER S PUSHING THIER NEW BORNS IN WALKERS BABIES IN THEIR WALKERS AND EVEN DOWN AND OUT STREETWALKERs TOO.>

I know, that's why they disagree with the government policies of wasting money--and lives--abroad...;)

#832 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 12:59 PM

Originally posted by GIJOE

Joe, you are having a problem with quoting. I think is better to use some kind of markings like "" or <> for the stuff you are responding to.

#833 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 01:45 PM

< I would rather say that; THE AMERICANS DESIRE A BETTER LIFE FOR ALL is PUSHING people straight to heaven -.for a better life after death. >

They would join the Jim Jones and David Koresh crowd... ;)

<I am curious if you are cynical or na?ve? >

I looked myself in the mirror, and didn't see any of that...:confused:

<Russian proverb says; God is fair because gives the rich money and an appetite to the poor. And you are just representing this form of justice. You don-t see that the world resources are divided unequally, only you are trying to take away the victims their arms. Like French queen who when heard that population hasn-t bread, suggested to eat cakes.>

I'm not taking away anything; I'm giving them *options*. Option to bread, option to cakes. If you fancy cakes--a luxury--go for it, if you fancy bread though--a necessity--let's guarantee bread for everybody. There's no need in this day and age for anyone to go hungry...:confused:

Centralization vs decentralization is like Yin and Yang, too much of either... And perhaps we should move into decentralization so long as the *quality* of life improves. The case for centralization though is the case for the lion, albeit a good lion, the risk being that he turns bad. There are plenty of them: Stalin, Hitler, Castro, Idi Amin...

<China is not too big country, she is overpopulated country even with tremendous efforts to control population. And you belong to people are full of panic that their world might to fail to pieces. >

Nothing to fear. There's a slogan that sums it up beautifully:

***Act locally, think globally***

Decentralization ain't that bad...;)

Conclusion of the Seminar:
"Decentralization is the next vital step in our political evolution."

Over 150 participants gathered for two days to address the issue of decentralization in Yemen. The speakers came from parliament, the Consultative Council, government, academia, etc.
For the first time, a taboo topic was addressed head on. "People were scared of being branded separatists or secessionists. We thought there was a need to break the psychological barrier," explained Dr. Abdulaziz Al-Saqqaf, one of the organizers of the seminar in Sanaa during 17-18 March, 1999.

Under the tutelage of the Consultative Council, the Human Rights, Liberties and NGO Committee took on itself to risk it. It was all worthwhile, in spite of the warnings and reservations at many levels. Actually, the organizers broke another taboo.
"In the past, the authorities organized their conferences and seminars. Opposition party representatives and intellectuals were invited as decoration, if at all. The opposition circles also organized their conferences and seminars, and government people were invited as decoration, if at all. In this seminar, there was a well-balanced partnership. "The two sides participated on an equal footing, which is amazing," said Renaud Detalle, a French researcher who is an authorities on Yemen.

There were three documents that were distributed to the audience. The first is the proposal of the Local Administration Law Draft prepared by the Ministry of Local Administration. This was replaced by a more developed version presented by the People's General Congress. The government adopted this second version, and is now being discussed in parliament. The third document is a proposal of the Local Government Law, which was prepared by the opposition parties.
Dr. Faraj Bin Ghanim, former Prime Minister, who chaired the first session, made an important prelude to the discussions. "All efforts aim to serve the nation. We have to accept that Yemenis are trying to help their country in different ways," he stated in the talks. He also indicated that local government has become a necessity for the nation's continued growth and evolution.
There were four main presentations, beyond the drafts of laws.
The first was by Professor Abdulaziz Al-Saqqaf who showed the integral relations between democracy and decentralization. "You cannot have a real democracy if all powers are focused at the center. Decentralization is one of the manifestations of a democratic system," he asserted.
Dr. Abubakar Al-Qirby gave the second paper. He showed how decentralization strengthens a democratic system. "The mistakes and abuses are part of the lack of accountability. In a decentralized system, there would be more feedback from the people who will have a say in the way their elected representatives behave and manage public affairs."

full text...

http://www.yementime...9/iss12/b&e.htm

#834 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 02:13 PM

<Rather interesting google site DONQ.
I wasn't inspired by the responder to get involved.>

Howdy Bader
In other word, it ain't worth it...;)

<An important matter it brings out though was the importance of
included here in my view.>

Exactly destroy their minds and their bodies will feed the lion...;)

<Which brings it back to repeating the need for cultural revival in
Russia to help set a social base for becoming a number one society. >

CULTURE IS THE ROOT, EVEN IF IT INIATIALLY COSTS MORE TO PRODUCE. However, we should not be tempted into censorship. It should be based on quality. Perhaps the British present the best model of what I mean. BBC puts out high quality programming that can stand up to stupid American TV, their share in that market being only around 14%.

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

#835 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 02:22 PM

donquijote; Idea of decentralization can only facilitates attacks on sovereignty. Small countries can not effort sufficient protection.
If Russia were not disintegrated US wouldn

#836 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 02:45 PM

<donquijote; Idea of decentralization can only facilitates attacks on sovereignty. Small countries can not effort sufficient protection.>

Not necessaryly, the lion can be contained by another lion--which then may prey on the little animals anyway--or by decentralized monkeys, which the lion fears very much. Perhaps independent monkeys are even worse because the lion fear guerrilla more than conventional war.

Look at these monkeys...

Switzerland wouldn't be a piece a cake...

MILITARY DOCTRINE

"Once mobilized, the Swiss Army would fight as a conventional force.
Swiss military doctrine calls for meeting the aggressor at the borders
and waging total war. This is a departure from earlier doctrine which
in World War II called for abandoning the plateau area for the
mountain fortresses.

In the event of mobilization, the 4,000 permanent obstacles and
barriers would be activated and the more than 2,000 demolition devices
already built into key bridges and tunnels would be set off.
Industrial machines would be disabled; water levels in the more than
900 dams lowered; fuel tanks burned.

The Swiss terrain -- a hilly plateau region between two mountain
ranges -- would necessarily channelize the aggressor's attacks. These
obvious avenues of approach are heavily fortified and would be
defended from built-in positions and by mobile forces of the three
Army Corps backed up by the Air Force. The Swiss plan is to make every
inch gained by the enemy a bloody and costly gain. In the event main
units of the Army are destroyed, Swiss doctrine calls for continued
passive and active resistance by means of guerrilla warfare.

This combination of powerful resistance by conventional forces,
continued resistance by guerrillas, and the self-destruction of
Switzerland's industrial, communications, and transportation networks
constitutes the strategy of dissuasion. The message to the potential
aggressor is clear: after a bloody, expensive, time-consuming war, he
will have gained nothing of value. He will be faced with occupation of
a hostile area, denuded of economic or transportation value, and
continued resistance by a determined and armed population.

The armed population is no bluff. Swiss militiamen are not required to
turn in their weapons upon completion of their obligation. It is said
that every Swiss home contains at least three weapons, for not only is
there the militia system, but there is a long tradition of civilian
ownership of firearms and, as pointed out before, rifle and pistol
shooting are virtually the national sports of Switzerland. There are
few restrictions on the Swiss purchase, ownership or carrying, of
firearms. An armed occupation force would indeed be literally faced
with the prospect of a Swiss rifleman behind every tree."

Worst than Iraq indeed...

But let's see another strategy...

"Today Switzerland maintains its neutrality, but practices what it
calls solidarity -- participating in international humanitarian
projects, offering its good offices in the resolution of disputes, and
providing technical assistance to Third World countries. The Swiss
participate in those international activities and organizations which
do not require it to violate its policy of neutrality. Neutrality is
central to Swiss thinking and, in fact, is the determining factor in
the Swiss security system."

Poll taking place at...

http://engforum.prav...&threadid=25025

Source:

http://www.visi.com/...b/swissrep.html

#837 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 02:47 PM

<Humanitarian and human rights agencies are the useful tools for lion politics. >

Are you referring to these animals?;)

HOW THE VULTURES BENEFIT FROM ORGANIZING THE LITTLE ANIMALS

One day the Vultures, who depended on the lion's leftovers, got together to organize the little animals... The eldest bird started saying: "We should organize the Sheep to worship a poor Shepherd, who, because he tried to save them, was crucified by the lion; but who left the promise of the good sheep going to Paradise, in which there's no lions..." Then another bird added: "Very clever. Likewise, we'll organize them to denounce the abuses against the poor little animals in 'other' jungles..."

Meanwhile, an Owl who had been observing the problems of the jungle, and who had been invited by mistake, asked: "Why not organize them defend them from the Lion?"

And that's how the Vultures organized from then on the little animals of the jungle--to defend them from the subversive owls...

#838 GIJOE

GIJOE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 03:01 PM

K I S S MEANS KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A POINT, USE AS FEW WORDS AS POSSIBLE, OTHERS ON THIS LINE HAVE A LIFE, AND NEED TO WORK AT TIMES SO KEEP IT SHORT AND SWEET AND IT WILL IN ALL PROBABILTY GET READ. LONG DRAWN OUT INFORMATION GOES INTO THE TRASH BIN QUICKLY...

G I Joe

#839 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 03:09 PM

<K I S S MEANS KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A POINT, USE AS FEW WORDS AS POSSIBLE, OTHERS ON THIS LINE HAVE A LIFE, AND NEED TO WORK AT TIMES SO KEEP IT SHORT AND SWEET AND IT WILL IN ALL PROBABILTY GET READ. LONG DRAWN OUT INFORMATION GOES INTO THE TRASH BIN QUICKLY...>

I make it optional for the reader to read and ponder, skim over the whole thing or just ignore it. But if it comes to KISS I'll sum it up in these words...

NLNP (No Lion No Problem!;))

#840 GIJOE

GIJOE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 03:15 PM

Originally posted by donquijote
<K I S S MEANS KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A POINT, USE AS FEW WORDS AS POSSIBLE, OTHERS ON THIS LINE HAVE A LIFE, AND NEED TO WORK AT TIMES SO KEEP IT SHORT AND SWEET AND IT WILL IN ALL PROBABILTY GET READ. LONG DRAWN OUT INFORMATION GOES INTO THE TRASH BIN QUICKLY...>

I make it optional for the reader to read and ponder, skim over the whole thing or just ignore it. But if it comes to KISS I'll sum it up in these words...

NLNP (No Lion No Problem!;))

M L K S MURDER IS ONE OF BLACKEST BLEMISHES ON THE FACE OF AMERICA, FREEDOM IS FOR ALL PEOPLES EXCLUDING NONE. AMERICA IF IT DOES HATE ANY SPECIAL GROUP IT IS THE BIGGOTS THE HATERS IN BOW TIES THE RED NECKS, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME, THEIR IS VERY little DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A RED NECK AND FOLLOWER OF FARRAHAKAN, THEY MAY NOT REALIZE IT BUT THEY ARE RELATED IN THEIR HATRED... LIKE CANCER, THESE GROUPS ARE BEING ELIMINATED ONE BY ONE.... G I Joe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)
Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru