7545 replies to this topic

#941 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 12:01 PM

Part3; Slavs travel in time and space;

Herodotus strongly criticized the picture of unshaved Slavs and fact they drank from a human skulls. He didn

#942 MarquisDeSade

MarquisDeSade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 03:51 PM

Hi don and bader, i see that both of you are enjoying yourselves with sharing knowledges with others, people with different views, and seem the opinions by both are politically correct. if it is so. why arent there much common agreeement? dont you guys see the point after so long? and, i would like to ask both of you a very simple question: which animal do both of you belong, since possession of intellects are endow on you two?

regards

#943 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 05:41 PM

< You are trying very hard to promote US Democratic Party program.
It is very tough job , because Democratic Party, equally as Republican has nothing to offer.....
If somebody is really interested in well being of other people should postulate to vote on peoples-..
Why not to finish with dictatorship of the two parties?
Parties are only useful when their leaders try to avoid accountability.
Why not to start the direct democracy and voting on President, members of Congress and Government?
What is wrong with the Competition for those on the top?>

Thank you for the compliment but I don't deserve it.;)

I seem to be too much on the radical side for GIJoe and too moderate for your tastes. But what's the diff between the extremes?

What I propose though would be even revolutionary for Scandinavia without ever being radical...;)

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

#944 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 05:59 PM

<"will the rest of the world let this happen?"

Yep, just like they let the invasion of Iraq go ahead.
Some said they wouldn't support it. Wow! Such opposition!!!!
Did Hussein represent the Iraqi people?
Did his government represent the Iraqi People?
Same in the US, many have woken up but still many can't face reality.>

Hi Bader
It reminds me of this story I posted before...

(Moral: Politics is determined by the size of the boys and how tempting is the other kid's lunch.)

(This is a story, written by 'Belrick,' which I polished up a little bit. I got to take insurance against copyright infringement...)

Mr Iraq was standing outside the playground looking in. He was allowed to join the other little boys playing as the sole big boy refused him entry.

The sad thing is that Mr Iraq had lots of good f'oil wrapped food to share and had even made promises to share it with the other boys. Except the big boy, Mr US.

So Mr US tells the other boys, "Look Mr Iraq has a stick in his back pocket! He's going to smack someone over with it!" "Where?" they cry, "I can't see it!"

"Never mind now; I'll show you later," cries Mr US.

So he promptly walks up behind the much smaller Mr Iraq and smacks him over and leans over the comatose body. Instead of standing up holding up the 'stick,' Mr US jumps joyously into the air holding Mr Iraq's f'oil wrapped food.

Now the other boys cry foul and when the teacher, Mrs UN, asked what happened, the boys were about to tell the truth. But before they could, Mr US bullies them and offers them some scraps. The other boys accept and back Mr US, and as far as Mrs UN is concerned Mr US was right in smacking over Mr Iraq.

A few quiet voices ask the whereabouts of the 'stick' that can't be found on Mr Iraq's body, but they were drowned out by the sound of content munching...

<WE've said a lot about education, here a segment that is written
in daylight:

" Meanwhile, this expensive stupidity facilitates U.S. funding of the bloody work of death squads, juntes, and terror regimes abroad. It permits the war we are waging- an unfair, illegil, unjust, illogical, and expensive war which announces to the world the failure of our intelligence and, by the way, the creeping weakness of our economic system. Every man, woman and child killed by a bomb, bullet, famine or polluted water is a murder-
and a war crime. And it signals the impotence of American education to produce brains equiped with the bare necessities for democratic survival: analysing and asking questions.">

What can we assume about the "education" these students have received?:confused:

Controversial comments cloud commencement

Kelli B. Grant - News Editor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 15, 2003

During its Commencement ceremony, the class of 2003 was encouraged to
respect the ideal of free speech

#945 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 06:21 PM

<Hi don and bader, i see that both of you are enjoying yourselves with sharing knowledges with others, people with different views, and seem the opinions by both are politically correct. if it is so. why arent there much common agreeement? dont you guys see the point after so long? and, i would like to ask both of you a very simple question: which animal do both of you belong, since possession of intellects are endow on you two?

regards >

Howdy Marquis, long time no see...;)

The last is an easy question: I belong to the Homo Sapiens, emphasis on 'sapiens,' which means that if are to survive we better use that intelectual quality unique to humans.

Of course the opposition is only normal, even though we are right...;) Seriously we better accomodate those who think differently without allowing them to rule the little animals, be it by extreme competition--capitalism--or cooperation--communism. In other words, to each his own not only politically but also economically.

I'll sum it up in these words: The Lion threatens us and the nonviolent Monkey is our last hope...:confused:

Will the Lion (power, greed, individualism, violence, fanatism) or the Monkey (intelligence, generosity, cooperation, nonviolence, enlightenment) win? seems to be the crucial question posed here...

Source: book 'You Are Being Lied To'; article 'Will the Real Human Please Stand Up?' by Riane Eisler. Fragments.

Humanity at the Crossroads

Today the mix of the dominator model and advanced technology become increasingly unsustainable, the blade is the nuclear bomb and/or biological warfare and terrorism [written before Sept. 11!]. Increasingly advanced technologies in the service of a dominator ethos threaten our natural habitat, as well as that of most species with whom we share our planet.

Regions ranging from the former Soviet Union to countries is Asia, Africa and Latin America are being forced into a replay of the robber-baron days of early capitalism.

In sum, the outcome of the tension between the partnership and dominator models as two basic human possibilities is far from settled. We are now at what scientists call a bifurcation point, where there are two very different scenarios for out future.

One is 'dominator system breakdown': the unsustainable future of high technology guided by the dominator model [the Lion]. This is where high technology in service of the domination of nature despoils and pollutes our natural habitat. It is a future where advanced technologies will be used not to free our human potentials, but to more effectively control and dominate. And ultimately, it is a future of environmental, nuclear, or biological holocaust.

The other scenario is 'breakthrough to partnership': the sustainable future of a world primarily orienting to the partnership model [for the benefit of all species]. Here advanced technologies are developed and used in ways that promote environmental balance and the realization of our species' great untapped potentials. International regulations ensure corporate accountability to workers, communities and natural habitats. [I'd add here the promotion of cooperatives as an option to counterbalance corporations.] New economic institutions and rules recognize the value of the work of caring and caregiving, and discourage violence, exploitation, and the despoliation of nature.

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

#946 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 06:32 PM

This is funny, I should put Don Quijote where it says "Arianna," but it's OK, we don't like the Barbarians. Hey let's vote for Arianna!;)

click on...

http://votearianna.com/movie/

#947 vladzo

vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 07:06 PM

testing reply function

#948 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 08:14 PM

Howdy Marq DS,
I have wondered from time to time if you were still there.
Does it bother you that two people should agree to a certain extent?
And if they do does that make them politically correct?
What is the point we are so slow in coming to? Is it give up?
We are in for sharing, are you in for teasing?

Woj:
Who's loosing Iraq? The Iraqis started losing from when OIL became a global prize. Who is gaining Iraq, is the better question.
I am enjoying your history classes.
Where did the Khazars come from?
Oh and don't excuse the table manners of the ancients as it has no bearing on today.

The quote I gave from the writing of Luciana Bohne, a politically incorrect academic, while tells a story about the U.S. also tells
about the West if not the whole world. I intended to say this
when I posted it to disappoint anyone who thought I was just U-Sam bashing.
The account of the graduation ceremony from DonQ reminds me of the great U.S. saying: united we stand divided we fall.
when the shepherds are busy rounding up money the sheep scatter.

#949 vladzo

vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 10:38 PM

TO :::: bader;

good post, i like your style, i like your content, when i find more time, i shall write more to whatever you are writting about at that soon foreseeable time.

vlad

#950 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 11:49 PM

Just for the record here in Animal Country:

There is no difference between the Republican and Democratic Parties in the US. They are both capitalistic in nature and often vote for the other party's policies while in office. A northern Republican is a lot more like a dove than a southern Democrat.

Facts:

In 1964, presidential candidate Barry Goldwater won only six states. His own, Arizona, and 5 southern states all of whom were heavily democratic.
In the 20th Century every war fought by Americans occurred during a Democratic President's term, except the Gulf War. This includes WWI, WWII, the Korean War and the Vietnam War.
When President Regan first took office, he sponsored and got the largest government spending program in the nation's history at that time. He, and his successor George Bush Sr., pushed the federal debt to new, astronomical heights. Not until a Democratic President, Clinton, did we start to see balanced budgets

#951 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 11:49 PM

Just for the record here in Animal Country:

There is no difference between the Republican and Democratic Parties in the US. They are both capitalistic in nature and often vote for the other parties policies while in office. A northern Republican is a lot more like a dove than a southern Democrat.

Facts:

In 1964, presidential candidate Barry Goldwater won only six states. His own, Arizona, and 5 southern states all of whom were heavily democratic.
In the 20th Century every war fought by Americans occurred during a Democratic President's term, except the Gulf War. This includes WWI, WWII, the Korean War and the Vietnam War.
When President Regan first took office, he sponsored and got the largest government spending program in the nation's history at that time. He, and his successor George Bush Sr., pushed the federal debt to new, astronomical heights. Not until a Democratic President, Clinton, did we start to see balanced budgets

#952 Buttersideup

Buttersideup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10450 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 12:14 AM

well said beat
well said beat

#953 GIJOE

GIJOE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 05:35 AM

One of the reasons mr Iraq was not allowed to play was his constant biting of his playmates. He and his gang sons included, were badly in need of dental work. Now that they have been defanged, they have to be rounded up and given their due.

G I Joe

#954 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 10:34 AM

Bader; //Khazars//-
Multiethnic group originated from local people of Caucasus, (might be even some Slavs or Avars) who in period 7-11 century ad, rejected Christianity or Muslim and instead accepted Judaism and created empire in Wolga region. They played tremendous role in thiat time in stopping East- West Muslim flood.
We don

#955 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:32 AM

Part 4. Slavs travel in time and space.

Actually were two disasters on Slavic land; the Mongol invasion on Russian and Polish land, and something what brought much dangerous repercussions for more then the thousand years.
Competition of two churches for power in Slavic areas.

Some dates which influenced fate of Slavs,;
330 Capital of Roman Empire transferred to Constantinople

Creation of Cyrillic alphabet in Eastern Europe- Bulgarians and Serbs starts use Cyrillic
966- Poland accept Christianity start use Latin alphabet
1054; schism between Greek and Latin Christian churches begins.

#956 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 12:24 PM

Law frequency in American news means usually matter of importance. //
Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Abdullah met Russia's president Putin on Tuesday. Putin has expressed a desire to see Russia become an observer nation in the Organization of Islamic Conference, a grouping of Muslim-majority countries.//
http://www.washingto...9-2003Sep2.html

Wars almost never end the way starters had in mind-
Malcolm Forbes.

#957 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 04:57 PM

<One of the reasons mr Iraq was not allowed to play was his constant biting of his playmates. He and his gang sons included, were badly in need of dental work. Now that they have been defanged, they have to be rounded up and given their due.>

Pretty story. The thing is there many rough boys out there that get away with it. Sometimes they are even encouraged by big rough boy...;)

#958 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 05:40 PM

<Just for the record here in Animal Country:

There is no difference between the Republican and Democratic Parties in the US. They are both capitalistic in nature and often vote for the other party's policies while in office. A northern Republican is a lot more like a dove than a southern Democrat.>

Hi Beat, good thing to hear from you.

Very good point. Besides the fact of one being from the North and the other from the South, I don't see much difference either. These southern pro-NRA, Hallelujah, SUV type Nouveau Rich are regrettably the ones more projected into foreign policy...:confused:

Bader, you'll probably gonna like this song...;)

SONGS:
-- Call It Democracy --
Lyrics:

Padded with power here they come
International loan sharks backed by the guns
Of market hungry military profiteers
Whose word is a swamp and whose brow is smeared
With the blood of the poor

Who rob life of its quality
Who render rage a necessity
By turning countries into labour camps
Modern slavers in drag as champions of freedom

Sinister cynical instrument
Who makes the gun into a sacrament --
The only response to the deification
Of tyranny by so-called "developed" nations'
Idolatry of ideology

North South East West
Kill the best and buy the rest
It's just spend a buck to make a buck
You don't really give a flying ****
About the people in misery

IMF dirty MF
Takes away everything it can get
Always making certain that there's one thing left
Keep them on the hook with insupportable debt

See the paid-off local bottom feeders
Passing themselves off as leaders
Kiss the ladies shake hands with the fellows
Open for business like a cheap bordello

And they call it democracy

See the loaded eyes of the children too
Trying to make the best of it the way kids do
One day you're going to rise from your habitual feast
To find yourself staring down the throat of the beast
They call the revolution

IMF dirty MF
Takes away everything it can get
Always making certain that there's one thing left
Keep them on the hook with insupportable debt

full text...

http://www.cockburnp...usic/atcid.html

#959 GIJOE

GIJOE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 06:10 PM

Originally posted by donquijote
<Just for the record here in Animal Country:

There is no difference between the Republican and Democratic Parties in the US. They are both capitalistic in nature and often vote for the other party's policies while in office. A northern Republican is a lot more like a dove than a southern Democrat.>

Hi Beat, good thing to hear from you.

Very good point. Besides the fact of one being from the North and the other from the South, I don't see much difference either. These southern pro-NRA, Hallelujah, SUV type Nouveau Rich are regrettably the ones more projected into foreign policy...:confused:

Bader, you'll probably gonna like this song...;)

SONGS:
-- Call It Democracy --
Lyrics:

Padded with power here they come
International loan sharks backed by the guns
Of market hungry military profiteers
Whose word is a swamp and whose brow is smeared
With the blood of the poor

Who rob life of its quality
Who render rage a necessity
By turning countries into labour camps
Modern slavers in drag as champions of freedom