7545 replies to this topic

#1041 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 05:36 PM

<Have you ever had kasha?>

Not yet but it sounds tempting. The Kasha Revolution?

#1042 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:30 PM

< One can not blame dinosaurs for their death ..>

They were too big and stupid; they must have seen it coming. Never mind, they were too stupid to see it...;)

Hey maybe God threw the asteroid...:confused:

<Death of dinosaurs was not caused also by man lack of respect for an environment.
Dinosaurs became extinct before first primates began.>

Hey but some of primates are not much smarter than the dinosaurs...

< I am for environmental protections, but let us keep death of dinosaurs out of that.
Egalitarianism in death allow us to see future as a positive moment. Ha, ha ha >

OK, we'll leave 'em alone for a while. But not the lion!:D

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

#1043 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 06:50 PM

Bader, you are gonna like this. The little animals finally have made their own 'water well'...

'All around the world, poor people-s money and labor are used to feed the insatiable appetites of transnational banking corporations. The World Bank and the International Monetary Fund make the world safe for continued western consumption. The exceptions to this rule are significant because they are so few: Grameen Bank in India, the Mondragon economic system, South Shore Bank in the US. And the Sarvodaya banking system.'

This movement in Sri Lanka is very interesting, except for the girls singing praise to the guy who started it all. But hey, nothing's perfect...;)

'Sarvodaya began 40 years ago when Dr. Ariyaratne, then a young teacher, took some of his students to poor villages to donate their labor. Since that time, Sarvodaya has become Sri Lanka

#1044 GIJOE

GIJOE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 07:20 PM

you are male alright ''JUNK MALE''

#1045 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 07:42 PM

the one that got away, or did Noah put a couple in the Ark.

I agree with WOJ as far as he went, but in the US there is an
old creek bed that has the footprints of the prehistoric animal
like a dynosaur and a primate which set into rock.

The great flood, the pole changes/earth turn-over/ and the
sudden developemnt of continental ice have all been put together
in the past. Mammoths were found with food in their mouths
which obviously was the result of sudden huge temperature drops that killed life where they stood.
The reason so much hasn't seen the light of day is the Darwinian
parallel of uniformitarianism which will not accept anything as having happened in a short period of time.
THis makes is easier today for the global corp. forces to capture
the environmental politics before the little animals beat them around the head for their destruction for profit.
Lets face it how is it possible for the average greeny to fund a global summit?

#1046 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:32 PM

//Two days after my arrival, we attend opening ceremonies for several Sarvodaya village banks. I am dumbstruck by the large scale and simple dignity of these banks.//

The situation was already predicted by Baron de Montesquieu ;.
He says;
For a country , everything will be lost when the jobs of an economist and a banker become highly respected professions.

#1047 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 09:13 PM

<you are male alright ''JUNK MALE''>

Ah that's funny, "junk male"...

Hey, wouldn't you allow GI Jane to be liberated? Or you want her to do the the chores at home and raise the kids while you go around the world shooting? How about if she becomes widow? Well, that would be liberation to her...:D

#1048 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 09:29 PM

<the one that got away, or did Noah put a couple in the Ark.>

Howdy Bader, this is becoming a safari and we are going for the big game...;)

True, I never figured out why all the predators were saved. They should have been dumped overboard...;)

<I agree with WOJ as far as he went, but in the US there is an
old creek bed that has the footprints of the prehistoric animal
like a dynosaur and a primate which set into rock.>

If it eats like a dinosaurs and shits like a dinosaur...:confused:

<THis makes is easier today for the global corp. forces to capture
the environmental politics before the little animals beat them around the head for their destruction for profit.
Lets face it how is it possible for the average greeny to fund a global summit?>

I know. No wonder the cooperative ants are pissed off at the dinosaurs...;)

EVOLVE OR ELSE!

Once upon a time lived a race of dinosaurs whose violence and appetite alarmed everybody... One day a Little Ant, tired of feeling stepped upon, and worried about her cooperative enterprise, came up to the Americanus Raptor--the biggest dinosaur of them all--and asked: "Why you always have to protect the right of the dinosaurs, who do nothing but eat everything in their path? Why don't the little animals get a fair share of this world?" Then the dinosaur, who had a bad temper, replied: "Bigger is better, so get lost..."

The Little Ant, then, gathered the whole cooperative and said: "Comrades, our world is being threatened by the dinosaurs, so..." And at that precise moment the Earth was hit by a big ball of fire, destroying all but the small animals...

#1049 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 09:38 PM

Hey the little animals soon will run out of shelter. It seems this is the dry season for the little animals... Guess who's going to be waiting for them at the dirty waterhole?;)

"Crowley criticized the Bush administration and Congress for not spending more on affordable housing."

Rents Up Over 1/3 Since '99, Study Says
By GENARO C. ARMAS, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - The cost of rent and utilities for a typical two-bedroom apartment has increased more than a third since 1999, making such housing unaffordable for anyone earning minimum wage, according to a study by an advocacy group for low-income housing.

A worker must earn at least $15.21 an hour to afford the average cost of $791 per month and have enough left for food and other necessities, the Washington-based National Low Income Housing Coalition said Monday. Five years ago the average cost for housing and utilities was $576.

The federal minimum wage of $5.15 an hour, which has not increased since 1997, barely covers one-third of the housing cost, the study said. States have the discretion of setting higher minimum wages, and 11 states have done so. Alaska has the highest minimum wage at $7.15.

With the nation's economy still struggling, coalition president Sheila Crowley said she expects more people will be forced to live in substandard housing or to move in with others.

"I can't say there's any real good news here," Crowley said.

Crowley criticized the Bush administration and Congress for not spending more on affordable housing.

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (news - web sites) had no immediate comment on the report.

In its latest budget request, HUD asked for an increase of $113 million to $2.2 billion for a program that would give communities freedom to decide how best to solve affordable housing problems, such as rehabilitation of old buildings or buying land to erect new housing. Also, HUD has proposed initiatives it says would reduce regulatory barriers for communities to develop affordable housing.

There are about 36 million renters in the United States, comprising about one-third of all households.

Findings from the annual report are based on the group's analysis of data from the Census Bureau (news - web sites) and HUD's calculations of fair market rents in each state, county and metropolitan area. The fair market rent is the cost of housing plus utilities.

Each jurisdiction's "housing wage" was established by calculating how much a person must earn per hour to spend no more than 30 percent of income on housing. HUD considers housing affordable if costs do not exceed 30 percent.

The median national housing wage of $15.21 an hour is slightly less than the median hourly wage of roughly $15.40 for a full-time U.S. worker this past July, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The coalition found that the housing wage increased 4 percent since 2002, from $14.66.

Among states, Massachusetts had the highest housing wages in 2003 at $22.40 per hour, followed by California, New Jersey, New York and Maryland.

As in previous years, states in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and West had the biggest jumps in their housing wages. It grew the most in Maryland (12 percent), followed by Virginia, California, Massachusetts and Connecticut.

The California metropolitan areas of San Jose and San Francisco topped the list of places that required the highest housing wages at about $35 an hour. Stamford-Norwalk, Conn.; Oakland, Calif.; and Boston each had housing wages of more than $27.

However, the study found that the housing wage in San Francisco decreased by 8.5 percent between 2002 and 2003. Crowley said this occurred partly because HUD may have adjusted downward the fair market rent for the area to account for then-lower energy costs, and partly because of a softening of rental prices in some neighborhoods.

#1050 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 01:06 AM

//If it eats like a dinosaurs and shits like a dinosaur... Then the dinosaur, who had a bad temper, replied: "Bigger is better, so get lost..."//

If you were Slav you would know that the birds are straight descents of warm blood dinosaurs.
Majority of peoples care for our flying dinosaurs

#1051 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 08:24 AM

Is your photo demonstarting "liberated" or is that you at one years old like Volt?

WOJ hasn't got that far yet but the Slavs decended from the ants
in DOnQ's history and they rebelled against the dynosaurs, that's why if you were a Slav as WOJ said you would know that birds
decended from them. The Slavs to be, made the fire ball which hit the dynosaurs, the heat of which turned them into warmblooded creatures and at the same time genetically engineered their
jeans, hence the many different brands derived from them since.

DonQ: it would have been interesting to know how the little peoples bank operated. I suspect they only charged an accounting/admin fee to cover costs. In other words a credit union without any interest earned on deposits. The absense
of interest to pay and that to gain - one neutralises the other
anyway. I wonder if there is a commitment to pool a percentage of ones earnings, so all contribute and all entitled to gain from the bank?
Note that bank is inside (ownership) the economy not outside
and ruling over it, not taking inspite of the results of enterprize,
and the bank grows with the synergism instead of the debt
growing faster than an economy can grow. A sane and just
operation.
re the housing costs in the U.S. there was no information as to why the surge in recent years.

WOJ: pity about the majority who care for the flying dynosaurs
obviously they have locked them all away to protect them and
now we don't get to see them anymore. Mind you people don't have to wear safty helmets outside anymore, blessing in d-skys really with them absent up there.

#1052 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:07 AM

//

#1053 Auld Nick

Auld Nick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13404 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:40 AM

Many good Americans, of course, are descended from Slavs. And incidentally, the warm-blooded dinosaur to bird evolutionary path is quite well substantiated by palaeontological evidence. Or are we debating with creationists here?

#1054 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 11:17 AM

And now something marvelous;

Aesop warns Russia, that behind pretension of goodness of cooperation, might be attempt of vicious attack;

Once upon a time the Wolves said to the Dogs,

#1055 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 04:26 PM

<What does Slavic ancestry have to do with a highly-debatable anthropological theory? :confused:>

Not all Slavs would see the relationshiop either.;) Only some "superman" would:

In Woj's words...

"Nitzsche (Niecki) German philosopher of Polish background is right . Progress is made by individuals. ?superman- (Ubermensche). Of course Nietzsche statement was read by Hitler or Gebbels by their own criminal mentality."

#1056 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 04:38 PM

<Many good Americans, of course, are descended from Slavs. And incidentally, the warm-blooded dinosaur to bird evolutionary path is quite well substantiated by palaeontological evidence. Or are we debating with creationists here? >

I think I kind of get it know: The birds evolved from dinosaurs (which even the elementary kids know). But what bird is he talking about?

Right, you guessed it: the Eagle!

I can see a "superman" at work now...;)

#1057 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 05:04 PM

< Aesop warns Russia, that behind pretension of goodness of cooperation, might be attempt of vicious attack;>

Don't pay attention to Aesop. Remember he wasn't Slav...:confused:

<Once upon a time the Wolves said to the Dogs,- Why should we continue to be enemies any longer?
You are very like us in most ways; the main difference between us is training only.
We live a life of freedom, but you are enslaved, you have nothing but bones to eat. Don-t put up with it any longer, but hand over the flocks to us, and we will all live on the fat of the land and feast together- .
Dogs allowed themselves to be persuaded by these words, and accompanied the Wolves into their den. But no sooner they well inside than the Wolves set upon them and tore them to pieces.>

Slav Dogs and Western Wolves are best of friends now. Don't be confused by their training. The both prey on the gullible sheep. The Black Sheep though knows better...

HOW THE BLACK SHEEP WERE EXPELLED

One day the Wolf, who had been thinking how to best eat the sheep, decided to dress as a sheep... This way the sheep trusted the new "sheep" more and more every day, some confessing to him, others voting for him, and most allowing to be trimmed by him...

Meanwhile, the Black Sheep thought this way: "If he got paws and fangs and howls, wolf he is..."

And that's the reason why from then on the Black Sheep weren't allowed to mingle anymore with the simple and common sheep...

#1058 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 06:28 PM

<Is your photo demonstarting "liberated" or is that you at one years old like Volt?>

Who would want to grow with a mom like that...;)

Anyway back to business...:confused:

<DonQ: it would have been interesting to know how the little peoples bank operated. I suspect they only charged an accounting/admin fee to cover costs. In other words a credit union without any interest earned on deposits. The absense
of interest to pay and that to gain - one neutralises the other
anyway. I wonder if there is a commitment to pool a percentage of ones earnings, so all contribute and all entitled to gain from the bank?
Note that bank is inside (ownership) the economy not outside
and ruling over it, not taking inspite of the results of enterprize,
and the bank grows with the synergism instead of the debt
growing faster than an economy can grow. A sane and just
operation.
re the housing costs in the U.S. there was no information as to why the surge in recent years.>

'What is this new approach that may be on its way to becoming the "new economics"? I will call my interpretation of it here "sustainable economics," although, as you might expect during a time of conceptual ferment, there are many variations on the new approach and many names used for them, such as green, holistic, ecological and real-life economics.'

Here are two working models, the first one, banking, the second one, general. I particularly like the Mondragon model where everything is integrated into one like it says at the end. Also notice the emphasis they place on the environment.

Indeed the 'water well' with the sparkling water...;)

(The link at the end has a pretty good theory about it.)

Interest-Free Banking

Could a banking system work without charging interest to borrows and paying interest to depositors? A non-profit association in Sweden, known as JAK, has been doing it successfully for more than 20 years. When I first found out about them, I was rather skeptical, expecting that they did it through some kind of hidden subsidy, but as I've studied their system I've been delighted to find that, rather than some trick, they do it through a genuine social invention.

The heart of their invention is this: Rather than operating as a bridge between two classes - borrowers and lenders - JAK expects the borrowers and lenders to be the same people, but at different times in their lives. Thus JAK requires every borrower to save, over and above repaying their loan, as much and for as long as their loan.

If I borrow $10,000 for 10 years, JAK won't charge me any interest (although they will charge me a modest fee), but, in addition to gradually repaying the $10,000, I must gradually save enough so that I have a positive balance of $10,000 at the end of the 10 years. I won't get any interest on this savings, but I can withdraw it once I have fully paid off the loan.

My savings provides the funds which others can borrow, just as the interest-free savings of others permitted me to borrow. It is profitable for me to do this because the combined loan payments and required savings are still less than the normal loan payments plus interest of a regular bank, plus, I get all my savings back!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mondragon Cooperative Group

I had the good fortune to spend a week in Mondragon, Spain, this March, studying what many people feel is the world's most successful group of employee-owned, democratically-controlled businesses. I had read, and written, about them for years, so I knew they were remarkably successful in conventional business terms: This group of over 160 coops, with a total of over 23,000 worker-members and over $3 billion in sales in 1991, has been consistently more productive, more profitable and faster growing than surrounding businesses since its start in 1956. During that time they have had essentially no layoffs (even when local unemployment was over 25%) and more than 95% of their business start-ups have succeeded.

*What I hadn't fully appreciated before I went was that Mondragon is also a surprisingly pleasant place to live and work. In addition to their great business record, the coops have far better safety and environmental records than surrounding businesses. The community itself (of about 27,000) is designed so that everyone is within easy walking distance of green fields and woods*.

Mondragon is a model of what is possible when businesses and communities choose to take a whole-system approach that balances the roles of all five capitals in the interest of a sustainable quality of life.

http://www.context.o...IC32/Gilman.htm

#1059 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 06:35 PM

There are doubts about Aesop's origin, but he sure made some good points...;)

Famous quotations:
"We would often be sorry if our wishes were gratified."

"A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him."

"A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth."

"It is in vain to expect our prayers to be heard, if we do not strive as well as pray."

"Better be wise by the misfortunes of others than by your own."

"A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety."

"Adventure is worthwhile."

"Affairs are easier of entrance than of exit; and it is but common prudence to see our way out before we venture in."

"After all is said and done, more is said than done."

"Any excuse will serve a tyrant."

"United we stand, divided we fall."

"Be content with your lot; one cannot be first in everything."

"The smaller the mind the greater the conceit."

"In critical moments even the very powerful have need of the weakest."

http://aesop.thefreelibrary.com/

#1060 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 07:48 PM

> > The problem is that those kids don't understand
> > the consequences of their lies ...
>
> They understand the consequences very well. And they look more at the
> consequences than at the warnings of consequences that never come, so
> your actions teach them more than your words. Something to keep in
> mind.

They only gotta watch the evening news and compare with reality, and
they'll understand how far lies can get you in this life... ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru