• Please log in to reply
7545 replies to this topic

#1301 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 06:29 PM

<Have faith donquixote. We will handle our garbage.

I do not wish to discourage you from your vigilant watch over the earth for all our sakes. An important role not to be trivialized.>

I have faith in Capitalism to take care of the problems it creates--by making a quick buck on it. To name a couple, we now got private business running prisons and war. You figure it out, the worst it gets the more business opportunities. So I don't the doubt the capacity of the current system to 'take care of business' when it comes to garbage as well. An example of such is a formerly pristine jungle turned landfill nearby where I live which is being develoved into a luxury community.

Look how pretty (and the sign outside shows a guy in a kayak enjoying the sunrise--probably a symbol of capitalism)...;)

http://www.swerdlow....erve_intro.html

And now look at the Landfill (probably the word was 'mispelled' into Landing)...;)

http://www.epa.gov/r...ls/munprtfl.htm

<By the "global elite" I mean the individuals setting the course of events towards globalization and a global government. Mostly they are International bankers and owners of large corporations.>

And where you think is the capital of that New Order?

#1302 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 09:00 PM

Howdy DonQ,
You have said the Lion doesn't want cooperation in the jungle,
and ...doesn't want competition in the jungle.

True, however there is another side (you know of course). He does want cooperation
(compliance) from everyone on the one hand and competition
(fighting) between potential rivals or potential rebels on the other.

Howdy Marq,
Thanks for the appology and the correction about the mistake I made but obviously you now have the correct phrase "the love of money.."

Your view is that greed is the root of all evil. That is a very common view of today,especially when people reflect on corporate
capitalism and they can see the down side and the exploitation.
One could perhaps say that greed was a perverted kind of love.
But we have both discussed ( and agree) the power factor which I believe is greater than common negative human passion. I think of greed
as a fellow of a whole bunch like jealousy, self-righteousness
and the like.
When I see the bigger picture of the money power over state power and corporate power etc, I don't see a fundamental link with common human emotions and passions, I see something bigger that relates to power. I don't exclude human passions as part of the driving force, even the media builds peoples misconceptions of reality on human emotions and passions, I just think the picture is all a lot bigger and more complex.

Any philosophical positon that tends to simplify the problems of man down to his imperfections is cooperating with the Lion
camoflage department and
eliminating competition for peoples minds.
I am not trying to convince you of my view, just letting you know how I think and what my conclusions are based on. Sometimes one learns from others reasoning, not their conclusions!
We don't just learn from others mistakes( or our own.)

The act of shooting the messenger says more about the shooter than the message or the messenger.

The virtual/abstract dimension preceeds the realisation into reality. People usually plan an escape then prepare for it, carry it out. It rarely happens in the reverse order. Controlling peoples minds/conceptions is the forward defence ( de fence that is not made of barbed wire) of the Lion power/establishment.

We are sharing and not agreeing on a regular basis, no? And often it is not reading or writing properly eg the road sweeper
and the love of money. I think the main one is that what we have in mind is very clear but how we express it isn't because we
tend to think the receiver has a similar clear view as in or mind.
And they don't.
We have a Cheese ad on tv here which always uses the theme- good things take time.

#1303 MarquisDeSade

MarquisDeSade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 03:34 PM

Hi bader, the lion is everywhere if you read the mainstream newspapers of most developed and developing countries.

to put it simply, let's see who's proposal would work first and faster. it might not be the best and perfect. however, if it works and benefits people. is it bad?

if you perform truthfully and honestly. i say you are a good man.

time will tell. there is nothing for me to talk about in this thread. i learn and move on. whatever it is, good luck to you and donq.

sade

#1304 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 06:31 AM

So long Marquis,

I am pleased it is on good terms, the parting, but you may be back.
Yes the Lion is everywhere, playing god, because his rewards
( both carrots and stick) are built into the orthodox systems so
he reigns over all. Plenty of takers including the greedy, to
keep the empire on top.
There can be no denying any improvement is a plus for the
humans. I am focused other than improving the jungle. "all the worlds a stage and each must play a part.." When the parts work together we are so much more stronger.
I wont be in any race to see who is right/smarter/whatever.
The Lion has been in power thousands of years and only a small percent of the population seem to have the awareness to
search beyond the smoke and mirrors and I believe its always been thus.
Happy hunting for the knowledge and insite you desire.

#1305 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 07:02 AM

Howdy DonQ,
William Greider is very perceptive and sees the Emporer is in fact wearing no clothes. People are conditioned to accept the
negatives as normal because they are always there and since neither the media not politicians or economists identify these as
needing addressing there is an inferred conclusion that they are
just part of the scenery, like rain or wind, or a cold or flu, badluck,
human nature etc etc.
He won't take ignorance as an excuse, good on him.
What he describes though are symptims. It remains to be seen whether he will try and make the jungle more livable or attack the causes and replace the jungle.

I liked your comment in response to a comment about human nature: its not an issue of human nature but Lion nature.

Regards the paste on evolution:
"Humans, like animals, form........... to compete for limited resources."
Like the Kibbutz, it leaves me cold. I suspect they both originate
from the same mindset. We are not animals.
That comment that Pliny made about humans not being just material is part of the same thing. This why I cant accept it.
Its not unlike your response that it is not human nature but lion nature. There is a difference in both cases.

#1306 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 04:18 PM

Howdy Bader
Just when I thought this thread was dead it bounced back again. I already had plans for a long vacation and had bought a boat (an inflatable canoe) and relished in all the accomplishments we had made here, and now it turns out I have to go back to the "trenches"...;)

Anyways I had a couple of brushes with the lion over the weekend that show the he allows for very little rest. Firstly, to get to the fantasy islands just across where I live, I had to cross a busy channel where the motorboats go at highway speeds and just getting alive to the island was a matter of luck, the Law of the Jungle right on the ocean, me taking the chance for choosing not to pollute. Secondly, when I went to rinse off the canoe the owner of the building where I live cried that the water was too expensive, as if 500 bucks for a crappy room wasn't expensive too. This is the same neighborhood that changed thanks to my raising hell on the Internet though, which shows that--as it was pointed out before--exposing the stupid, hungry lion is the only way to go...;)

<You have said the Lion doesn't want cooperation in the jungle,
and ...doesn't want competition in the jungle.

True, however there is another side (you know of course). He does want cooperation
(compliance) from everyone on the one hand and competition
(fighting) between potential rivals or potential rebels on the other.>

I would say the lion expects sheep-like behavior from the herd, perhaps cooperating around church or work but not much else in case the sheep realize they can effectively confront the predator...;)

#1307 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 04:29 PM

<Hi bader, the lion is everywhere if you read the mainstream newspapers of most developed and developing countries.

to put it simply, let's see who's proposal would work first and faster. it might not be the best and perfect. however, if it works and benefits people. is it bad?

time will tell. there is nothing for me to talk about in this thread. i learn and move on. whatever it is, good luck to you and donq.>

Thanks. But I'll like to point out that many people are waiting for "something" or "someone" to come around and save for us while we happily go around oblivious to reality. Some wait for Santa, others for another Jaime Lerner and yet others for God or whatever.

Hey good luck indeed, and hallelujah!!!;)

#1308 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 04:37 PM

Hey Bader, look, this guy claims the lion is innocent!;) What do you think?

> > > the Law of the Jungle was re-established one more time...
> >
> > And what has this to do with capitalism?
>
> Perhaps capitalism practices the Law of the Jungle, say in its
> aggressive nature, in its hunger for resources and in its incapacity
> to share the lion share?

And how exactly does a philosophy practice anything? How is capitalism
"aggressive"? Is it "agressive" to seek out new customers and suppliers?
I don't call trying to find someone who would benefit from meeting you
"aggressive". How is capitalism "incapable" of sharing the lions share?
Has it not massively increased the wages of it's workers?
You know none of what you say is true or you would not say "perhaps".

#1309 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 08:29 AM

Howdy DonQ,

Where did this come from? Is this what put you back in the trenches? (incoming!!!)

Ask the squire to name a philosophy that nominates non-action,
even passive resistence has to be undertaken (acted on).
Perhaps prices have been massively expanded as well as workers wages (inflation). Perhaps the Asian sweatshop workers wish it would happen to them as well.
Your use DonQ of "perhaps", a choice for humility, is not aggressive enough to gain respect. Little wonder you don't get part of the Lions share.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Big was beautiful, then small was beautiful now aggression is beautiful.

By the way regards your inflatable. Beware the Lion may tax people who cause inflation! Then if you let the air out he will tax people who cause deflation.

#1310 MarquisDeSade

MarquisDeSade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 02:30 PM

[Originally posted by donquijote [/i]
[B]<Hi bader, the lion is everywhere if you read the mainstream newspapers of most developed and developing countries.

time will tell. there is nothing for me to talk about in this thread. i learn and move on. whatever it is, good luck to you and donq.>

Thanks. But I'll like to point out that many people are waiting for "something" or "someone" to come around and save for us while we happily go around oblivious to reality. Some wait for Santa, others for another Jaime Lerner and yet others for God or whatever.

Hey good luck indeed, and hallelujah!!!;)]

hallelujah!! santa only come once in a year, or none even. this perfectly describes your intelligent.

anyway, santa is here and you are lucky cos he is going to correct you. (marquis temporary in santa clothes in this moment)

please read correctly you MORON. when did the post mentioned waiting for things to be happen in any sense? go back to grammar school and learn your basics again!

*shakes head*

i cant believe it!!! lol!!

santa(sade)

#1311 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 05:20 PM

<Where did this come from? Is this what put you back in the trenches? (incoming!!!)>

Howdy Bader
(Bombs and missiles whistle by my trench)
It came from Google but I say "perhaps" like the Black Sheep telling the lion not by his appearance--for he dressed like a sheep--but by his paws and teeth and his roaring. You can almost say he's a lion but you want to play safe and say "perhaps," and even so the stupid sheep kick you out...;)

<Ask the squire to name a philosophy that nominates non-action,
even passive resistence has to be undertaken (acted on).>

Well, so long as "passive resistance" ain't tanning in a remote Pacific island;), it can certainly make the lion nervous and even scare him off, more so than the violent monkey who choses nasty violence and often justifies that the lion pays him back with the same coin. Then the lion--having control of the snake (the media)--elects himself King with extraordinary powers, in the name of defending the little animals...:confused:

This is what PASSIVE RESISTANCE does...

'"Passive resistance," said Ferdinand Lassalle, with an obtuseness thoroughly German, "is the resistance which does not resist." Never was there a greater mistake. It is the only resistance which in these days of military discipline resists with any result. There is not a tyrant in the civilized world today who would not do anything in his power to precipitate a bloody revolution rather than see himself confronted by any large fraction of his subjects determined nat to obey. An insurrection is easily quelled; but no army is willing or able to train its guns on inoffensive people who do not even gather in the streets but stap at home and stand back on their rights. Neither the ballot nor the bayonet is to play any great part in the coming struggle; passive resistance is the instrument by which the revolutionary force is destined to secure in the last great conflict the people's rights forever.'

http://flag.blackene...r/tucker15.html

<Perhaps prices have been massively expanded as well as workers wages (inflation). Perhaps the Asian sweatshop workers wish it would happen to them as well.
Your use DonQ of "perhaps", a choice for humility, is not aggressive enough to gain respect. Little wonder you don't get part of the Lions share.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Big was beautiful, then small was beautiful now aggression is beautiful.>

Beware of the common sheep...;)

<By the way regards your inflatable. Beware the Lion may tax people who cause inflation! Then if you let the air out he will tax people who cause deflation. >

I'll try to paddle through it, in order to stay afloat...:cool:

#1312 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 05:28 PM

<hallelujah!! santa only come once in a year, or none even. this perfectly describes your intelligent.

anyway, santa is here and you are lucky cos he is going to correct you. (marquis temporary in santa clothes in this moment)

please read correctly you MORON. when did the post mentioned waiting for things to be happen in any sense? go back to grammar school and learn your basics again!

*shakes head*

i cant believe it!!! lol!!>

All we wanna know, Marquis, is if you ain't a lion--so we hope--and you ain't a little animal--you said everybody has the proper place in the jungle--and you *critize* the nonviolent monkeys who are trying to get rid of the jungle--which dooms all the animals, big and small--where the hell you lie in the food chain?:confused:

PS: Can I ask for my Christmas presents already?;)

#1313 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 21 October 2003 - 05:43 PM

I've resisted a lot of temptation to call the Jews this and that, and patience pays. First it was the article I posted before--the one about creating coops to challenge the lion--written by a Jew, and now this one from a Jewish magazine. I think there's hope, we just got to tap the resources, and open our hearts...;)

THERE AIN'T NO RACE OF LIONS PER SE!!!

PS: Hey, Marquis, I'm sorry to say this ain't the Lerner you are wating for...:cool:

Closed Hearts, Closed Minds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Lerner

Not infrequently I hear people in academic or progressive circles making political analyses whose subtext is something like this: "Why are Americans so stupid? Can't they see that President Bush lied to them about Iraq and that his tax cuts have actually made things much worse, creating a huge budget deficit which will cause massive cutbacks in social services and will eventually impact their own retirement funds?"

We could, of course, respond at the level of these charges by saying, "No, people are not stupid. They know and are somewhat annoyed that they've been lied to by an administration determined to eliminate Saddam Hussein, but they are also still quite happy that Saddam has been eliminated from power, as are we at Tikkun, because they recognize that Saddam was a horrendous dictator whose oppression of his own people might have continued for a very long time without U.S. intervention. We at Tikkun still do not support the intervention, however, and expect tragic consequences from the way it was carried out, as well as the continuing oppression of the Iraqi people by U.S. forces and their puppets among the Iraqi population. We believe that other means would have produced even better ends, but we still understand why people are happy about the overthrow of Saddam and hence more ambivalent about a total condemnation of the Bush intervention. Similarly, although we think the tax cuts are having a terrible impact on American society, we can understand why people resent high taxes, since the government actually uses their tax money in ways that are invisible to them, and which do not seem to provide real improvements in the quality of their lives. It's not as if the government in the years when Democrats controlled both the Congress and the White House used their tax monies to actually solve the environmental crisis, provide health care, end crime, homelessness, or hunger. Why shouldn't they feel good about getting some of that money back for their personal use, since its use for collective purposes seems misguided and wasteful? And, when it comes to social security, people do understand its efficacy fight to maintain it

#1314 Guest_Goobsmoocher_*

Guest_Goobsmoocher_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2003 - 05:46 PM

A cataclysmic event that wiped everyone else out.

#1315 MarquisDeSade

MarquisDeSade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:40 PM

[[Originally posted by donquijote [/i]
[B]<hallelujah!! santa only come once in a year, or none even. this perfectly describes your intelligent.

*shakes head*

i cant believe it!!! lol!!>

All we wanna know, Marquis, is if you ain't a lion--so we hope--and you ain't a little animal--you said everybody has the proper place in the jungle--and you *critize* the nonviolent monkeys who are trying to get rid of the jungle--which dooms all the animals, big and small--where the hell you lie in the food chain?:confused:

PS: Can I ask for my Christmas presents already?;)]]

since you want your present, your request granted. santa is a busy man. lots of present to be given. you are an exception. so, what do you wish for? intelligence, rationalism, strength or comprehension?

to make things easy for santa, the busy man, i shall decide for you. comprehension. it will certainly help you in your development and readings.

hope you enjoy your present.

#1316 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 12:14 AM

[[PS: Can I ask for my Christmas presents already?;)]]

<since you want your present, your request granted. santa is a busy man. lots of present to be given. you are an exception. so, what do you wish for? intelligence, rationalism, strength or comprehension?

to make things easy for santa, the busy man, i shall decide for you. comprehension. it will certainly help you in your development and readings.

hope you enjoy your present. >

All I want from Santa is someone who can tell this difference...;)

"There's no comparison between that which is lost by not succeeding and that which is lost by not trying" -F. Bacon

#1317 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 12:19 AM

<A cataclysmic event that wiped everyone else out. >

Hey Goobs-whatever, do you have any superpowers? You think we can try one last revolution before everything is wiped out?:confused:

#1318 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 12:53 AM

It seems there's a danger in liberalism (America?), and chauvinistic nationalism (Israel?) and religious fundamentalism (Islam?) as well... The key is to tame the lion, leave the jungle behind and bring justice for all. To do otherwise would place us in the endangered species list...;)

I'm quoting again from Tikkun magazine indicated above...

'In this struggle, the voice of liberal politicians is often perceived as a voice in favor of the technocratic reality of the capitalist marketplace, with its insistence on criteria of merit and values judged according to material well-being. When President Clinton and Vice President Gore advocated for more money for education, it was combined with new testing that would insure that students were in fact learning the skills that would make "us" successful in the international marketplace of the future. There was never a suggestion that there was anything missing in the criteria of success. What Clinton had in mind was simply this: We are richer than everyone else, and in order to stay that way, we need to make sure that our students have the appropriate skills. Similarly, the Democrats' passionate defense of globalization was largely along these lines. They wanted to set the terms of trade to generate the greatest economic benefits for the United States, and we could only do that by participating in the particular international trade agreements that we've created through the World Trade Organization.

No wonder, then, that people who don't feel that they are going to be particularly successful in this kind of struggle of all against all sometimes feel uncomfortable with the message that the meaning of their lives will be measured by how much wealth, power, or fame they are able to accumulate. There is for most people, and has been for a long time, a crisis of meaning in their lives

#1319 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 01:13 AM

//*Swiss Party won control of the lower house of parliament after a heated and controversial campaign. The party had run on a platform, criticized by the U.N., that villainized* asylum seekers. http://online.wsj.com/public/us//

'This information only supports my doctrine of double standard of cooperatives including Kibutzes. Swiss financier to another Swiss banker might be a lamb but to Arabic refugees, this cooperatives are Lions or more precisely hyenas. .
Swiss Cooperatives philosophy is typical fascist theory in Swiss chocolate cover with false pretension of humanity. It makes it more easy to consummate, but true purpose is to destroy enemy national stability and defense without spending money on warfare. Example only of cheep military propaganda. '

Woj, you force me to read your thread by dragging me into it...:confused:

Anyways, I can tell that if the Swiss or the members of the kubbutz have any bad feelings against foreigners is because some still believe in the same theory--very much proposed by the lion--that so often has proven fatal and which you happen to support: NATIONALISM.

So the solution would be INTERNATIONALISM, THE BELIEF THAT LITTLE ANIMALS OF LITTLE COUNTRY GOT MORE IN COMMON WITH LITTLE ANIMALS OF BIG COUNTRY THAN WITH THEIR OWN BIG ANIMALS, AND THAT THE LITTLE ANIMALS SHOULD COOPERATE--JUST THE WAY BIG ANIMALS HELP EACH OTHER...;)

#1320 Madam X

Madam X

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 01:31 AM

I have a simplistic answer..work more..talk/write less and oh, start ditching all the false, non scientific, conspiracy theories they take up too much of the brain power. At least that is the impression I get reading the many articles here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru