7545 replies to this topic

#161 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 09:40 PM

<I'm lost.

We're exercising in the sculpture after rapidly executing black sheep.

I think you're trying to say that the odd ball is a marked person.>

Well, I take it the sculputure is the adulation necessary to make up for the remorse felt, something like the Christians. They know they would execute him again, so it's necessary expiate all guilt...

<Ya know, I was the black sheep of my family. And look at me, I post on Pravda's forum forty years later.

Not such a big thrill, huh?

oh, well. >

Where are they posting, the New York Times? :) Nah, you are better off...

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

#162 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 09:43 PM

So if He knows they'll just execute Him again, why would He bother coming back?

And, hey, if they pay me to post in the New York Times, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

#163 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 09:48 PM

<The Bill Gates of the world will exist as long as free enterprise exists. DEAL WITH IT!!>

At one point Mexico had the highest percapita of millionaries... Is that what we want? :(

If we are to survive as species we better change. Capitalism has only exacerbated human beings' worst intincts. If you must 'succeed,' what's wrong with dilapidating the environment or causing hunger in poor nations?

Do capitalists ever pause to think of the *consequences*? It's so much easier to get the military involved...

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

#164 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 09:57 PM

Now,

Mexico is beautiful and all, in fact, I lived there for 4 years, but the highest per capita millionaire rate on the planet???? Perhaps when the peso was at 3,000 to the dollar ..........

Look, while free enterprise (not capitalism) exists, there will be Bill Gates. That's not a bad thing, necessarily. See, it allows us to communicate!

Then you have the needs of the masses. That's where progressive ideas, Marx, Engels, and in the US, progressives like Ralph Nader and M.L. King come into play. We must protect the environment at all costs, this is obvious. By properly installing government regulation that can be accomplished.

That means you'll pay more to consume. And that is a GOOD thing. We need to watch over big business like a hawk, but countries without big business tend to fall behind the rest of society.

#165 Mark7567

Mark7567

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 10:40 PM

Many ideas and ideologies for government some good some bad, sprung up last century. Where are the new ideas now?

#166 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 10:41 PM

Good point!!

Where????

Anybody?

#167 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 10:44 PM

I agree with The Beat, free enterprise needs to be differentiated
from capitalism.
But I disagree when he says the U.S. attracted investment by
a good image. According to Noam Chompsky it was achieved by the Bretton Woods agreement, now obsolete and replaced by the New World Order, enforced by the IMF and the US Military
the fastest growing global entity on the scene at present.
I also disagree that foreign investment is what Russia needs,
that's capitalism and it (Russia) has already been stripped through debt to foreign "investment".
It has to create a debt-free finance system that serves its own interests, meaning the Russian people and their future interest not the welps of the Lion in Russia.
Regards Japan and its relationship with the U.S.. My suspicion
is that the power-brokers behind Wall Street etc have a chip in the power-brokers game in Japan in exchange for the war crimes
investigations being closed down early which went all the way to the Emporer. If that opportunity wasn't grasped by greedy hands then the Lion will turn into santa clause as sure as night follows day.

#168 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 10:54 PM

Bader,

The Bretton Woods Institutions:

In his opening speech at the Bretton Woods conference, Henry Morganthau said the "bewilderment and bitterness" resulting from the Depression became "the breeders of fascism, and finally, of war". Proponents of the new institutions felt that global economic interaction was necessary to maintain international peace and security. The institutions would facilitate, in Morganthau's words, "[the] creation of a dynamic world community in which the peoples of every nation will be able to realise their potentialities in peace".

Sounds like an awfully good image to me!

As for Japan, They reinvested OUR money back into the US. Look at most of OUR loans to nations - it's with the purpose that they buy US products. Get it?? The money comes back to us. Like an Australian boomerang.

If Russia did this, they would increase the need for Russian goods in the global market, and thus, their net worth!!

#169 Mark7567

Mark7567

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 10:59 PM

Russia will be capable of such things with strong leadership i.e. Mr. Vladimir Putin

#170 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 11:05 PM

bump

#171 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 12:23 AM

Well, Princess,

I hope your wrong about the build up, or even the need for it. They are some tricky, little Americans, aren't they (or we, I should say). Ya put together a pact to outlaw one type of nuclear weapons and boom, another type comes up. What's a nation to do?

Yeah, countries have scammed on pacts right and left over the years, and hey, we are proud members of said group (that was facetious, okay?).

Russia has a lot to work with and a lot to grown on, and I hope that one day we can be great partners and help bring up ALL nations to a standard of living that the greatest species on Earth merits.

Hey, and if you're there, great.

#172 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:09 AM

I agree The Beat, what Morganthau described to sell the Bretton Woods deal- "a dynamic world community in which the peoples of every nation will be able to realise their potentialities in peace"
does indeed sound great.
Hadn't you noriced it hasn't happened?
The same sentiments were repeated in Bush's National Defence Strategy, once we get rid of terrorism. Lets stop inventing Kilroys
and other boogie-men as excuses nothing ever changes.
In fact what happened was national governments and economies
become subject to a global financial regime and it was the U.S.
not every nation that realised its potentials are sustaining the top dog position at the expense at everyone esle. That's what
Chompshy was objecting to.
Donq's lion and the central-control of water over all other jungle life was the outcome.
You advocated Russia attract investment. Where do the profits go? overseas when they should be used to develop Russias further. Helping others get ahead at ones expense doesn't get
oneself ahead, it just makes you more dependant for someone else to benefit from your potential at the next level/cycle.
Bretton Woods led to all this.
Foreign debt is the greatest problem for developing nations.
The loans from the US to keep US industry ticking over did a favour for the US, now those nations are struggling to make the interest payments and are subject to the IMF (51% US) and are
being forced to allow foreign corporations strip them in the name of free markey reforms.
So you say Russia should be like the US to be number one. Yeah
I can see the Lion kings in the US moving over and sharing the
rackets and profits.
That would make two lions. Thanks The Beat, but no thanks.
That would make Russia number two, the junior partner.
Russia and Japan have huge economic woes. The US likwise.
Would you like to be Davies in Calofornia right now The Beat?

#173 Buttersideup

Buttersideup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10450 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:21 AM

Hi Kids :D

Two things:

Trade Imbalance
Lack of manufacturing

Avoid

#174 Buttersideup

Buttersideup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10450 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:24 AM

First rule of economics:

Unemployed consumers cannot support a consumer economy.
Made in China doesn't put supper on the table :(

#175 Buttersideup

Buttersideup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10450 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:25 AM

What it akes to be #1? Who cares as long as life is good

#176 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:36 AM

Well said

At the end of the day ......... are ya happy?? Europe seems the happiest, although South America comes in a close second.

#177 Buttersideup

Buttersideup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10450 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:39 AM

Tank Ya :D

#178 The Beat

The Beat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15667 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:45 AM

bump

#179 Buttersideup

Buttersideup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10450 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:46 AM

I've heard about things that go bump in the night

#180 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 08:45 AM

good economic sense Buttersideup!
And the slave wages in china aren't going to import from the US what the unemployed and underemployed in the US aren't buying.
Wall Street firms are now starting to employ business managers
etc in India (a popular choice at present) at a fraction of the cost.
The lose of jobs (from wall street only) over the next decade is projected at tens of thousands.
Some of the young families of the GIs serving in Iraq are leaning on welfare to suppliment the low wages.
I don't know how big the writing on the wall has to be for them to wake up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru