Photo

What would it take for Russia to be #1?

• Please log in to reply
7545 replies to this topic

#1821 Guest_Vadim Gorshenin_*

Guest_Vadim Gorshenin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:29 AM

I see the pravda board is no working correctly.

#1822 Guest_Vadim Gorshenin_*

Guest_Vadim Gorshenin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:32 AM

I will notify the support staff today.
Anyone with more inquires please feel free to e-mail me at post @pravda.ru
During Mr Bancrofts absence I will receive questions about the english version of Pravda.Ru board.

#1823 Guest_Vadim Gorshenin_*

Guest_Vadim Gorshenin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:33 AM

testing link

#1824 Guest_Vadim Gorshenin_*

Guest_Vadim Gorshenin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2004 - 08:34 AM

post@pravda.ru

#1825 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:56 AM

Donq; *To make Norway as attractive a Pentagon partner as possible, Devold
has spent heavily and cut radically; hence her insistence that our
airborne taxi do double duty as a tactical training exercise to save
fuel and pilot time. ''We want to be relevant''*
*Who's Afraid of Norway?
By MATTHEW BRZEZINSKI . *

Matthew after Zbigniew- nepotism in politics? ha, ha ha. Title should be; *Norwey is afraid of Pentagon.* She proved that when she gave the shelter to Missouri after attack on Kursk.

BTW; Recycling generally is a virtue but in journalism is a menace.
*And of course, a little humor here and there. With solution like debating things practical so people see real solutions to real problems. And SUVs are a problem*
Not really with an oil price over 35 on WAll Street , Suv is happiness for all people of good will. US is financially out, in spite of of US attack for oil on Iraq. .

#1826 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 01:14 PM

Bader ; I agree with you on assessment of the problem but I don

#1827 Pliny

Pliny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3587 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 05:18 PM

>>>How would a horse paint his GOD? He would make his own picture.<<<

Good one. LOL

#1828 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:18 AM

<If you really want a good perspective on what happened in Sweden to achieve negative population growth I can get an article for you. Actually here's the link.>

http://www.mises.org...sp?control=1406

I have stated it before and I emphasize it again. The goals of Scandinavian societies are worth pursuing, BUT there may be better ways, and here I propose the coops (so the Amish example may not be that surprising) and the decentralized Swiss system as an smarter, more efficient system. Scandinavia can only get better by following those roads, but never by following America's example. America got 12 million children uninsured and toy and junk food commercials prey on their gullible minds, something not allowed in Scandinavia. Who would protect them from that, their illiterate brainwashed parents, who themselves spend half the time watching stupid talkshows?:confused:

The way I see it Scandinavia is a tamed lion, while America, well you know, is the old lion refusing to part of the law of the jungle. And the third way is the decentralized, cooperative way, in which there's no lion...;)

<<<One unexpected but interesting example would be the Amish, who beat off government challenges to their special limited educational practices (namely, schooling only by Amish teachers and only through the eighth grade), who make heavy use of child labor, and who avoid Social Security (as well as government farm welfare) out of principle. Not only have the Amish managed to survive in an industrial, market milieu; they have thrived. Their families are three times the size of the American average. When facing fair competition, their farms turn profits in "good times and bad.">>>

#1829 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:24 AM

<Getting close to 2000 posts on this thread - is that the target?>

The target is 2004. We should triumph this year...;)

#1830 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:41 AM

<Russia is better place today than 10 years past. >

But not nearly enough as it should be. It could have taken the BEST of both systems, but it chose to take the WORST.:confused:

It's amazing that having the least corrupt country in the world, Finland, next door it chose to follow America's role model. So long for your dreams, Russia.:(

<<<In an open society, people can decide for themselves what they mean by freedom and democracy. But the Bush administration claims that we have discovered the ultimate truth. The very first sentence of our latest National Security Strategy reads as follows:

"The great struggles of the twentieth century between liberty and totalitarianism ended with a decisive victory for the forces of freedom -- and a single sustainable model for national success: freedom, democracy, and free enterprise."

This statement is false on two counts. First, there is no single, sustainable model for national success. And second, our model, which has been successful, is not available to others because our success depends greatly on our dominant position at the center of the global capitalist system, and *that position is not attainable by others*. >>>

http://www.prospect..../6/soros-g.html

#1831 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 06:25 AM

Howdy WoJ,
I agree Judeo-Christian values are part of the problem as they could only ever be because they are phoney. Judaism which is primarily based on the Talmud and Christianity as personalised by Jesus are diametrically opposed to the point of crucifixtion by the advocates of the former against Jesus whom Christians follow.
Pope-ianity(Roman Catholicism) is just as alien to Christ-ianity as Talmud Judaism as both originate from Babylon not the Holyland.
The Popes title is Pontiface Maximus a Pagon God Emperors title.
When Satan took Jesus up on a mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world which were all under his authority, the biggest kingdom was Pagan Rome. In the future the Bishop of Rome accepted and prostituted himself to an offer which Jesus rejected.
Every Sunday all around the world Priests carry out Mass in which
they claim, totally foreign to scripture that they have supernatural power to transform a waffer and wine into the literal body and blood of Jesus. Thus all Catholics partaking are in effect participating in cannibalism. The word cannibal is derived from
"Priests of Baal"- Babylonian.
The death of Christs as the Lamb of God which God promised in effect to Abraham he would provide when he stopped him sacrificing his own miracle born Son Isaac was only required once to atone for the sins of the Adamic race. The law was legally forfilled for anyone to freely appropriate to themselves, but for over a thousand years Priests are re-sacrificing the Lamb of God thousands of times over around the world every Sunday. This is
witchcraft regards the claim to supernaturally transform the blood and waffer but an abomination to re-kill the Messiah/Christ when the Law has already been fulfilled.
The best defence Jews of today have regarding the issue they raise over Mel Gibsons new movie The Passion, is to say yeh we killed him once but the Catholics have killed him over a million times. The former was in the plan of God to fulfill the Law but the latter is pure abomination and corruption of the Law (OT)and Grace (NT).
One merely needs to read through the Bible once to get the notion made many times over God doesnt condone abominations
as they are the biggest insult.
So WOJ I agree with you you cant be a Christian based on anything the Pope says or does (but only on what Jesus said and did.)
You called for a drastic reduction in human procreation so it is logical you would cellibrate homosexuality as that is anti-procreation.
The problems of the world originating from Britain mostly would have originated from the internationalsts City of London (within London) and their Bank of England. Same with the US, it comes from WallST which superceded the City. Again international players. They have to live somewhere. So they didnt chose Warsaw. Perhaps the Poles are too nationalistic to condone an empire to have been of use. Another reason could be because being so absolutely Catholic the Pagan Emporer had to work through a red-herring label where the reins are hidden.
Have you checked out the book "Rulers of Evil" on line at tuppersaussy.com?

DonQ: excellent reponse to the National Security Strategy.
It is to be clearly seen that the Bush Admin is retreating from
freedom and democracy while the strategy points the bone at any country not moving towards the three exalted values on the basis that the absence of these three breeds terrorism.
The great dialectic struggle was only ever going to be temporary
anyway as a money spinner besides.

#1832 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 01:46 PM

Hypocrite Donq;* America got 12 million children uninsured*

Someone honest would say ; 12 million children without health care, or ask for universal care, but one on democratic payroll repeats Clinton call to bring more money to capitalists who own insurance companies. Difference says a lot .

Amish financial success is caused that religion communities don

#1833 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 07:23 AM

I see WOJ that Khororowski's mate from their bank that has billions missing is in custody after trying to skip through to Canada after they failed to get clearance to stay on in USA.
There seems to be a tug-o-war between the Whitehouse and
the Justice Dept over whethjer he is just let go to leave the US or get sent back to Russian custody. Its the Court ruled he should be free to leave.

I would expect Putin to fly in. Some good indicaters starting to show. Russia now the second largest holder of gold reserves.

#1834 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 01:11 PM

Bader; True is that Putin starts fight corruptive

#1835 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 01:55 PM

Breakdown of U.S. casualties in Iraq by state, according to Department of Defense http://www.washingto...-2004Jan17.html
Alabama - 13
Arizona - 13
Arkansas - 3
California - 55
Colorado - 8
Connecticut - 5
District of Columbia - 2
Delaware - 3
Florida - 16
Georgia - 15
Hawaii - 1
Idaho - 4
Illinois - 20
Nationality background would say more about equal rights and opportunities in US.

#1836 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:14 PM

OK, here is an interesting take on human nature and how perfectible we can be. Later there's some cautious comment.

I don't believe in the absolutely good human being, but I believe he's quite perfectible once the lion is removed...

Human Nature

Some say that the study of philosophy is useless, but I hold that the unexamined life is not worth living. Additionally, there are practical implications. What kind of polity you advocate; what penal sanctions to be imposed; even ethical questions and answers are derived from, and reflect, your philosophy, expressed or not. An analysis of the grounds of and concepts which underlie your fundamental beliefs is essential, I think, to living well, without hypocrisy or inconsistency.

For instance, let's argue that we want a more humane economic system where each person does the life work that he is capable of and enjoys and where each person receives what he needs in the way of food, clothing, shelter, education, medical care, etc. The argument is based upon a particular view of human nature in which it is assumed that a person is self-motivated and will work for at a task that he considers enjoyable and worthwhile. That he has received the appropriate technical education and socialization skills. That he will want to work for his own benefit and for society's good because human nature responds to enlightened self-interest and altruism. That he does not need millions of dollars to motivate him to excel because the motivation to excel is an intrinsic part of human nature for most people.

We would argue that the urge to hoard exists only when there is perceived shortage and that the desire to screw the system (by all the things people do at work--steal pencils, leave early, make personal phone calls, etc.) is caused by a repressive work environment foisted on people who are not suited to their jobs. When people can work at what they do best, enoy and find worthwhile as a life's work, there will not be a need for time cards and disciplinary measures--instead, management will be a coaching and support position, not a perk where you finally get to stick it to the employee, gaze out the window and read the newspaper.

As for needs, the "need" for luxury yachts, Swiss chalets, diamonds, furs, and other such items will be perceived more accurately as wants. Society's valuation and the individual's self-respect should then be based more accurately on accomplishments and true worth rather than on notoriety or celebrity.

Tung Yin made this comment,
But is it realistic to believe that almost everyone will actually find a job that he/she enjoys? And that having everyone do the job that he/she enjoys will actually produce what society needs? I mean, I really enjoy being a law professor, but if I could do whatever I felt like, I'd move to San Diego, take my laptop to the beach, and write novels. If we all did that, we'd starve.
That's not to say that we shouldn't provide everyone with a sufficient baseline of skills, health, etc. Doing so is consistent with a meritocracy -- i.e., give everyone an equal opportunity to excel.

http://rhubarb.blog-...read/427724.htm

#1837 Bader

Bader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1757 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 12:04 AM

"An analysis of the grounds of and concepts which underlie your
fundamental beliefs is essential.." to how we live etc

I agree DonQ.

"Lets argue that we want a more humane economic system..."
this is basically what I have supported through the honest
financially reformed society based on the increment of association
or as has been called social-credit, where as in a coop the people own and enjoy the fruit of their own industry not having profits syphoned off through a fraud debt money system which controls industry, govt/policy and thinking/living.

Here's another segment from scientist Brian Corcoran.

"Materialistic Socio-Economic Political Systems
Euclidean design is also reflected in the socio-economic political
systems of this present civilisation. The more Euclidean the social, economic and political structure of society the more materialistic, atheistic and humanistic is the mentality of the population.

Nowhere is this Euclidean design more pronounced than in a communist society like the former Soviet Union where the ultimate purpose of government is to serve the aspirations of the
power elite of the Euclidean scientific-inductrial complex. A model of society that embraces the repugnant political philosophy of:
government of the people by the elite for the elite.

The Soviet Union presents us with a rather dismal picture of what a totally Euclidean society looks like. This is particularly so in respect to basic human rights, economic viability and care of the environment where it was a failure on all three counts.

Locked into a Euclidean programme all nations are steadily moving towards the kind of socio-economic political system of which the Soviet Union is an example. Instead of arriving at this
social model by violent revolution, or military conquest, as has been the case with the peoples of Eastern Europe and China, the rest of us on the planet are getting there at a more leisurely pace."

He went on to talk about the take-over of governments by multi-national corporations.

Here's some more definitions from his Glossary:

Euclidean thinking- a static pattern which interfers with the natural development of the mind; type of thinking that is expressed in the philosophies of materialism, atheism and humanism; a type of thinking that limits the individual to four dimentional consciousness.
Fifth dimension- the domension of Zero Time which describes the static, non-visible part of the universe.
Hyperbolic geometry- the non-linear open-ended geometry of the natural world; geometry which embraces the principles of harmoney and efficency inherant in nature.
Non-visible part of the Universe- part of the universe that we cannot sense with our five senses....but can only conceive with our minds; part of the universe which compliments the visible universe; the spiritual part of the universe that identifies with Newton's Absolute Space and the Christian concept of God; the part of the universe which is missing in the presently accepted scientific model of reality proposed by Einstein.

While Corcoran doesnt go into any detail regards the fraudulent debt money system, it is clear a static,linial system that defies the natural world to the point of destroying it and disguises itself mentally so that it is quite incomprehensible to many while commonly mistaken for the simplitic and fraudulent system of
banks merely lending deposits.

#1838 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 01:15 AM

Desmond Morris stated that reading books is form of voyeurism; obtain sexual excitement from watching other individuals.
Almost the entire population indulge in this . They watch it, they read about it, they listen to it. The vast bulk of all tv, cinema, and fiction-writing is concerned with satisfying this demand. Of course we can add magazines , internet etc. Everything is performed by proxy. Actors who pretend to go through sexual sequence for us, and then we can again live in new roles, to court, to marry....
Voyeurism is comparatively harmless and may actually help our species, because it satisfies persistent demands of sexual curiosity without involving individuals in new relationship.

I am curious if writing on the beech is also some kind of voyeurism?

Food is basic demands for all species, but sex is next. To fulfill this demand species try to advance to higher status and social position. People wearing for centuries exciting cloths to separate from crowd, in Roman empire red color was only for higher class, in Poland wearing some furs or gold . etc. People build houses trying to have one stone bigger from neighbors or cars look more expensive. Not only function of things is important but also pretense of splendor. Just simple supplying food even in enough volumes and quality as same with housing and cloth is not going to fulfill social status demanding by sexual side our nature. Also to this purpose serves human need for power. I read memory of one GRU man who returned from West to Russia.

#1839 donquijote

donquijote

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3919 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 09:49 PM

Hey guys, I'm quite busy and may not be able to catch up until tuesday. In the meantime, here's a good debate with quite a bit of humor. I like to emphasize that the "tamed" Scandinavian lion when put under pressure from the stupid hungry lion abandoned the little animals concerns and sided with his own kind. Now the little animals too are threatened by the violent monkeys...:confused:

Here's some humor...;)

> Sweden has had more wars than America ever had. Sweden has no rosy
> history.

Not to name the Viking wars of conquest. They even occupied America
for an indefinite amount of time, and made no pretenses of democratic
government whatsover.

Now though we got democracy and export it throughout the world.
Regrettably some people do not appreciate it, so they'll be
temporarily occupied.

http://www.google.co...qdr=w&lr=&hl=en

#1840 woj1@cyberonic.

woj1@cyberonic.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10667 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 10:34 PM

Bader ; You are right, not foundation but cozy relations

*Barclay Brothers who own London's Ritz hotel and the Scotsman newspaper, agreed to buy Conrad Black's majority stake in Hollinger Inc. for C$423.8 million ($326 million) to gain control of a unit that publishes the U.K.'s Daily Telegraph.

That would give the Barclays control over 30 percent stake in Hollinger International, whose titles also include the Chicago Sun-Times and Jerusalem Post, and its rights to 73 percent of the unit's votes.
Unauthorized Payments
The investigation, by a special committee of Hollinger International's board, uncovered $32 million in unauthorized payments in November, prompting Black to step down as chief executive.
Hollinger International said yesterday that it's suing Black, his former top deputy, for at least $200 million. Its complaint, filed Friday in federal court in Manhattan, alleges that Black and Radler participated in a scheme to fabricate deals, falsify documents and mislead the company's board.
Yesterday, the committee said it found evidence that more payments weren't authorized, others were ``sham transactions'' and none were made on terms fair to minority shareholders.

According to the suit, Black and Radler ``freely used the company's coffers, financed by its public shareholders, to finance their own lifestyles.''
Black, a Canadian native who parlayed his control of the Telegraph into a British lordship, put his oceanfront estate in Palm Beach, Florida, one of four homes, on the market for $36 million this month.
He filled the company's board with political allies such as former

U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and former U.S. Defense

Policy Board Chairman Richard Perle.

. Intercepts http://quote.bloombe...KY0&refer=home#

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru