#42 Allred

Allred

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:46 PM

Gil

Nope. Gas has never been cheaper, had heavy rains and snow in the Sierras. The price of gas is one of the most interesting stories around.

We need it like you need money. Fair trade, as long as the oil is cheap as shit.

A

#43 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:50 PM

All - BIG FELLA - Alberta's going nowhere.

Please do not speak about things of which you
show such pathetically poor knowledge. It doesn't
become you.

Show me a single editorial from a single
Alberta newspaper indicating ANY support
for ANY of the balderdash that you peddle
about Alberta separating.

Otherwise, clam up on the subject. It's a
dog that don't hunt. A dead cat a few whackos
try to bounce on occasion. A non-starter. A
conversation-ender. It's about as credble as
the Texas independence movement.

#44 I AM CANADIAN

I AM CANADIAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 09:22 PM

Keep it up Vig, Canada will not bow down, My family hunted this land long befor any eropean set foot here, we are a strong people. And to the french, nous avons pas besoin d`etre plusieurs pour se defendre.Our nation will Not bow!

Vive le Canada libre!!!!!!;) :P

#45 I AM CANADIAN

I AM CANADIAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 09:24 PM

Qiqo

Why did your President ask us to send a bunch of these guys to Haiti and Iraq to train the locals in law enforcement? DUH!!!!!"

because we are a peacefull nation!

#46 Gil Hughes

Gil Hughes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 10:59 PM

Not American?

What a loss to the USA

#47 Gil Hughes

Gil Hughes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:16 PM

VIG !!

For Starters

Tuesday ' May 6 ' 2003

A recipe for Western separation?

Gordon Gibson
National Post

Thursday, April 24, 2003

VANCOUVER - Fully 71% of Westerners feel their interests are poorly represented in Ottawa, while less than one-third believe they will see federal political reform in their lifetime. So says a poll in yesterday's National Post. This sounds like a perfect recipe for separatism, n'est-ce pas? (as we say in the West).

Well, maybe. If we were one political jurisdiction the odds would rise. If we had our own great leader on the topic, a Ren? L?vesque with prairie hayseed in his hair and a downtown Vancouver latte in hand, the odds would go way up. But we aren't, and we don't. We have instead four provinces headed by men who have been very cautious in this area, looking more for federal money than local independence.

Things might have been very different had Preston Manning 15 years ago eschewed his trademark motto, "The West wants in!" (to a piece of federal power) and instead trumpeted "The West wants out!" I think he could have taken this part of the world a considerable distance either way. He opted for "the West wants in," the centre said "no," and there was no "or else" for us to bring to the table.

There are other barriers to a strong separatist movement, and I say that with a mixture of regret and realism -- for we would surely do better on our own. My province, British Columbia, is by far the most populous and the demographics are loaded against any independence referendum.

Any referendum in British Columbia would have to face the fact that something like half of our voters are recent immigrants, with stronger loyalties to Canada than to the province. Some of them have come from Ontario where they are used to pretty much full ownership of both Ottawa and Queen's Park, so what's all this provincial fuss? The rest have come from abroad, and as such have come to Canada, not to British Columbia. These good people will not go against the central government, even with its generally despised leader. (Only 2.9% think Jean Chr?tien best represents provincial interests, says the poll.)

Saskatchewan and Manitoba face the dilemma that they need Canada economically. They are equalization receivers plus receivers of a ton of hidden agricultural aid. It is much harder to go to the ramparts when the dollars don't work for the kids at home. Of course, Saskatchewan and Manitoba would have an immense amount to gain as they would then be in a position to deal fairly with their very large aboriginal populations and reject the failed Ottawa policy, but that would take a huge leap not just of courage, but of imagination.

Alberta is a bit different. It is the wealthiest province, by far. It could easily separate on its own. It has direct transportation links to its most important customer, the United States, and British Columbia under any circumstances would facilitate needed ocean links. What was left of Canada would continue to be happy to take as much as it could get of Alberta's oil and tourists.

And Alberta has the intellectual horsepower. One of the characteristics of rich societies is that they can afford intellectuals. Alberta has the Canada West Foundation that produced this poll (and is a totally non-political entity), the Calgary office of the Fraser Institute, the very strong University of Calgary school of political science and the group that developed the "Alberta Firewall" concept. There are other such groups, and oilmen, gasmen, techies, farmers and ranchers who bankroll them.

With the money and the brains, Alberta could secede if it gathered the will. That will has not yet been in evidence (though secessionist MLAs have been elected, betimes) and Premier Ralph Klein is very cautious about stoking this particular fire.

What is much more likely to happen will begin to unfold at the Western Premiers' conference in Kelowna on June 8, and come to further fruition at the Annual Premiers' Conference (APC) in August. The whole backfield is in motion. Legacy Jean is as good as gone for any long-term issue. Paul Martin is the new central government player for these purposes, and he is far more popular in the West than the current PM.

It is unlikely mighty Ontario will have its act together by the summer, an election looking -- well, inconvenient, right now -- but we have in Quebec's new Premier Jean Charest a man with a clear vision of Canada.

Look for the Western Premiers, led by an Alberta galvanized by Kyoto, gun control and the wheat board, to react to this latest poll and to bring a Western vision of a new federation to the APC, where it will meet with a not-dissimilar proposal from Jean Charest. Look for Paul Martin, intelligent man that he is, to note a new reality and properly and graciously accommodate it.

At least, that would be the good outcome. Another, slower but more radical outcome that redraws the map of Canada can also be dimly discerned in the pollster's crystal ball, if accommodation fails.

Gordon Gibson is a Vancouver commentator. ggibson@bc-home.com
? Copyright 2003 National Post

Copyright ? 2003 CanWest Interactive, a division of CanWest Global Communications Corp. All rights reserved.
Optimized for browser versions 4.0 and higher.

#48 Guest_CaptainAmerica_*

Guest_CaptainAmerica_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:18 PM

I have heard that Canada is a very nice town. I hope to visit that city someday. I have always wanted to spend some time on the equator. :D :D :D :D

#49 Gil Hughes

Gil Hughes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:26 PM

Vigorous-------------

Cheak it out this and the Web Site.

Facts and Figures
"A nation can survive many things, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero 42 BC

Did You Know?
British Columbia doesn't need government approval to separate. We already have the legislation and should use it. The legislation is actually in two parts.

1) Only 10% of the voters need to sign a petition for it to go to a referendum (this includes ALL provincial laws, including the original act of 1872 that joined us to Canada).

2) A 50%+1 (person) vote by registered voters in a referendum to abolish the above act, would effectively, and immediately, make British Columbia a sovereign country. Quebec eat your heart out, no such legislation exists there!!!

~ Thanks to Robert Saint Amour

Fact: In 1965 the federal government signed an agreement with the United Nations stating that at the first opportunity all law abiding Canadian citizens would be disarmed.

Fact: The Canadian government then passed a law in secret (order in counsel) called Bill C-124 giving them the right to confiscate ANYTHING of value without permission.

Fact: There are now four unconstitutional secret police forces in Canada. They are: Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), Emergency Task Force (ETF), Communications Security Establihment (CSE) and the Canadian Institute for international Affairs (CIIA). All of them are in violation of the Constitution (the supreme law of Canada) which states: "It is illegal for politicians to spy on law abiding citizens." The total cost to taxpayers for the four illegal secret police forces and the thousands of riot police is "classified" information, but is reported to be in excess of $2 billion a year.

Fact: On June 10/1981 Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau held a secret cabinet meeting on how to control Canadians once they realized that their nation is being ran for the benefit of multi-national corporations and international bankers. Section 6 of the "Emergency Planning Order" from that secret meeting states that it is to establish and operate secret civilian internment camps in Canada. The task of building and operating these secret camps was given to the then Minister of Justice, Mr. Jean Chretien.

Fact: In the middle of a military base just outside of Meaford, Ontario, 12 miles east of Owen Sound, Liberal politicians finished building a massive "Civilian Iinternment Facility" (spring of (2000).

Fact: Our armed forces are working with outdated equipment and 40 year old helicopters, which are little more than death traps. What is their mandate? To fight for and to defend the democratic rights of Canadian people from enemies inside, or outside, of Canada?

Fact: The four secret police forces and the thousands of riot police have the finest equipment money can buy, including brand new helicopters. And what is 'their' mandate? To intimidate and control the people on behalf of the government of Canada.

Fact: The international banker's manifesto of the 1930's states that, "When, through a process of law (gun registration) people have been disarmed, they will be more docile and more easily governed by their politicans and the strong arm of the law. (Judges and police) This is well known among our principal men now engaged in control of the world."

Fact: There are over 2000 illegitimate judges in Canada, everyone of them were appointed by a politician. Section 97 of the Constitution states, "In English Canada Judges are to be appointed by an independent Govenor General."

Fact: Illegitimate Judges are not paid $174,000 a year and given a big fat pension to safeguard the democratic rights of the people. They are there to control the people for their political masters.

Fact: Bill C-124 was amended in 1993 to give sweeping powers to the Minister of Finance to seize in an "emergency" (a) currencies designated by the minister; (B) units of account in designated by the Minister; © gold; (d) deposits that are (i) denominated in those currencies or units of account or in gold, and (ii) are held with the Bank of Canada or any other financial institution inside, or outside, of Canada designated by the Minister; and (e) securities or notes that denominated in those currencies or units of accounts or in gold and are issued or guaranteed by the Government of Canada or by such (i) government of another country; (ii) agency or institution of the Government of canada or the government of another country; (iii) official international financial organzation, or (iv) institution as is designated by the Minister. And you thought your money was safe?

When you put all the pieces of this well thought out plan in place, i.e. gun registration, signing illegal agreements with the U.N., passing laws in secret (C-124), unconstitutional police forces, secret internment camps, illegitimate Judges, riot police, the international banker's manifesto and the government's ability to seize your money and assets, there will not be any doubt in anyone's mind that the federal government has a "hidden agenda" and that is to curtail the rights, freedoms and prosperity of the people.

Figure: The government of Canada milks British Columbia for about $3 billion a year.

Figure: The federal government rakes in $700 million a year in excise tax on fuel sold in B.C. For the last three years the return to B.C.? Zero dollars. When confronted by the Canadian Alliance, the Finance Minister, Paul Martin, babbled incoherently. Prior to 1998 the government returned $35 million a year, a 5% return on B.C.'s contribution! Other important industries such as fisheries, fared the same.

Figure: In a five year period it cost British Columbia $17 billion to remain in confederation.

Figure: In the House of Commons, the Maritimes currently hold 32 seats, but if ridings in Canada truly reflected the national average in population size, they'd drop to 23. Quebec, which has 75 seats, would drop to 72. Ontario's 103 seats would drop to 95. British Columbia's MP's would jump to 40.

Figure: The city of Toronto, Ontario, has more seats than the entire province of British Columbia.

Do you have any verifiable facts or figures that the public should be aware of? Send them to us and we'll add them here.

Send your facts to: info@bcseparatists.com

Back to Main Page

#50 SeaBee

SeaBee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:33 PM

It's a nice country ......... been there many times ........................have relatives there ............................ come visit America once and a while ............................... smuggle ciggarettes across the border ......................... when caught tell um that "GW" said it was alright!:D

#51 Gil Hughes

Gil Hughes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:38 PM

Seebee---

Cigs bad for you We smuggle cheese and cheap booze.

My daughter US citizen married and living in Wash

Mother born in Portland ORE

Sister US citizen living in Calif

Me live in Canada Pot Legal soon

Vegas great and Arizona in the winter

#52 SeaBee

SeaBee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:47 PM

Gil,

Be my guest to enjoy to the fullest of cheap booze bounty that America has to offer my friend!

It never ceases to amaze me that I can buy canadian booze cheaper here that you guys can there!

Every country has good things that we should all enjoy ............................................ duty free! :D

#53 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:51 PM

Say, Gil: that fact sheet looks amazingly like stuff DUMA
comes up with for the US on occasion. You ought to get
DUMA to put that one on this thread. Makes the US look
quite barbarian.

Gordon Gibson? Is he the BEST you can do? He's the
Energizer Bunny of western hostility - a Tour de Force of
malcontent thinking and a power-monkey who will
never, ever see power in any way, shape, or form.

I note he quotes P Manning. P Manning - he of the
frustrated power charge now called CDN Alliance
and under a fella that looks and conducts himself
like he should be running a morgue. I once challenged
Manning in a heavily Reform Party room with a mike
in my hand asking him smthg like "Do you think that
you have been sent to Canada to perform some special
messianic duty and if so, what is it?"

As you are aware, he never became PM of Canada and
his successor won't either. All he did was wreck the
right.

#54 gonzo

gonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14844 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:48 AM

Well i happen to think we live in a Paradise. :)

BUT, one bad thing about Canada are our slack criminal laws. It is terrible here. just terrible. If you choose to be a career criminal, move to Canada. Very Often , murderers here get less then two years in "jail", and jail is usually some 1/2 way house with a golf course. No exageration!. (in one recent case only 6 months)
Here you can get in more trouble shooting a moose out of season then robbery or murder. sick.. sick... sick... Also, Our "Young Offenders Act" is an absolute disgrace.

Our justice system does not believe in punishment....only rehabilitation. We spoon feed and hold these damn rapists hands while the victims are ignored.:mad:

Now there are rumblings about legalizing pot, more stupidity on the horizon.

My perception is that the USA has left us in the dust in this regard.

I believe, everything thing else here is pretty positive

#55 Gospel

Gospel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 11:38 AM

Gil Hughes,

Interesting reading your post on B.C. I heard
alot of talk from the folk there about their
desire to seperate from Quebecan hegemony
... alot of stuff about laws for foreign business
investment ... whereby you have to [by law]
have your H.Q. in Quebec if ya wanna do biz in
B.C.....

What's that all about?

How typically jingoistic of 'The French' to
celebrate one Canadian cultural distinction over
the bemoaning of another. No doubt he'll be
daubing nazi symbols over British WWII graves
sometime soon.

#56 Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 11:47 AM

Canada?

VIVE LE QUEBEC LIBRE!

#57 Rainman

Rainman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4343 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 08:38 PM

A vast country, very ill-managed, with corrupt politicians.

A country where Education = Business.

Poor management of the country with unskilled politicians/managers for not using the talent/education/experience of the immigrants, costs $150B a year. Immigrants are not allowed tro fully participate and ignorance/racism/discrimination is rampant.

Above all, Canadian politicians are extremely HYPOCRITE, perhaps it has a lot to do with them being CONSERVATIVE rednecks, because they always go hand in hand.:o

#58 thirteen

thirteen

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2488 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:02 PM

If Ontario was a separate country it would be the sixth largest in the world behind Russia, Canada, the USA, China, and Brazil..

Its economy would be in the top 20-25 or so.==Austria

Some places in Ontario are as close to Florida as they are to other parts of Ontario almost..

IE it is only 1,200 miles (2000 km) to Jacksonville, Fl. from Kingston, Ontario..

20 miles ont the TCH - then I-81 south, then pick up I -95

17-18 hours

#59 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2004 - 10:17 PM

The areas around Parry Sound are no different than when I was IN St Piters Russia .Tons of lakes, great fishing Algonquin Park is a must see if you are into wildlife and wilderness type stuff

http://search.megasp...?Algonquin park

here are some photos from someones site

http://groups.msn.co...onquinpark.msnw

#60 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2004 - 11:03 PM

http://groups.msn.co...fulontario.msnw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru