• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 Kevin

Kevin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 06:58 PM

Hee hee. I knew that post would ruffle some feathers. I love instigating a good spirited discussion :D

I don't have a problem with france voicing opinion, and I certainly wouldn't expect france to feel beholden to the US for the rest of time for World Wars 1 and 2 Life goes on and all. What I DO have a problem with is a country that professes to be our ally going behind our back and cultivating illegal transactions with a country we are trying to sanction. Not only that, new evidence has emerged that france had issued euro passports to Iraqi officials in anticipation of the war, which allow them to travel freely throughout europe. The details are still coming in on this issue so there may be more. At any rate, these are not the actions of a friend. They are the actions of an enemy intent on undercutting efforts to deal with a threat. All in the interest of money. The french sold out to the highest bidder.

New french motto: "Viva la prostitution. Je vendrai mon ame pour le prix le plus eleve' ".

#22 Kevin

Kevin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 07:12 PM

Larani,
I know what you're saying and I agree in principle. I would love to see the free countries of the world all band together and in one unified effort end terrorism for good. It can be done, and quickly, if we all put aside our differences and work as a team. Can you imagine the good that can be done with the whole free world in lock-step? Awesome. But everybody needs to be on the same page. I don't mean that the US is perfect and that we have all the answers. We're far from perfect and we have our own problems within our country. But if a plan, anybody's plan, that would work is put forth, I would support it even if france offered the plan. Terrorism is a far bigger problem in the world than it was 10 years ago. And it's not only the US that is a target. These militant fanatics will target any country whose philosophy is different from theirs ...it's a holy crusade for them. We're all vulnerable. The WTC towers could just as easily have been the Eiffel Tower or the Tower of London. They chose us because they went to flight school here and were already in the country, among other reasons. Logistically it was the easiest to target us. The US policy toward Israel didn't do anything to make european targets more tempting either. But next time it might just be someone else. Let's hope and pray they never get that far.

#23 Tokyoman

Tokyoman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2784 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 07:12 PM

Speaking of going behind your back and cultivating illegal transactions with a country you are trying to sanction, Halliburton signed contracts with Iraq worth $73 million through two subsidiaries while Dick Cheney was in charge.

The Halliburton subsidiaries, Dresser-Rand and Ingersoll Dresser Pump Co., sold material to Baghdad through French (LOL!) affiliates. The sales lasted from 1997 to 2000.

They are the actions of an enemy intent on undercutting efforts to deal with a threat. All in the interest of money.

Also, the company Rumsfeld was on had a contract to sell two nuclear reactors to North Korea.

Those who live in glass houses...

#24 Iron Wisperer

Iron Wisperer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 07:25 PM

Kevin
funny you should mention flying a plane into the Eiffel Tower, as not that long ago French inteligence stopped a plan to do just that
if France can stop this why couldn't America stop 4 planes?

and if you are going to reply"because Americans are stupid", don't bother because this question is bigger than that

#25 Iron Wisperer

Iron Wisperer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:31 PM

Kahlida

thats the best response I've heard yet "arrogance"
most Americans say incompitance(goes with arrogance)or conspiracy theories
with the terror acts they stopped I couldn't believe incompitance
some conspiracy theories hold water like no WMD's, but even the Administration didn't gain much from it, except removing the Constitution
seems to me with the financial woes of the USA, the passing of the Patriot Act, and all the fear and paranoia here in the US
that if the "terrorists" really did this because they hate freedom and democracy (which I don't believe) then they have already won

#26 James_A

James_A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:06 AM

You have to keep in mind that America hosts nearly 100 folds the flights France has. France doesn't need airplanes flying around to bring people from its cities. In America a flight from new york to LA is 3k miles. Bussiness men regularly fly on these aircrafts daily.

When comparing France and America you must take into account that statistics are often exponentially, rather than linearly proportional to size.

#27 American Eagle

American Eagle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3519 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 05:29 AM

I MEAN FRENCH FRODUCTS.

#28 Epimenides

Epimenides

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 11:34 AM

I pray the readers of this forum (especially those living in the USA), who do not endorse the course of the present US administration and the occupation of Iraq, to passively protest by buying (once in a while) products of the firms presented at the beginning of this thread.

By so doing you endorse the French who have become, as the existence of this very thread proves, the primary denigration and retaliation target among those countries daring insubordination to the interests of the present US administration.

Thank you for your support,
A European (loving France)

#29 Hastur

Hastur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 11:50 AM

Ok here why the so ungrateful french didn't followed ya in you dirty war:

1)Survey showed that 75 % of the population didn't support war , we are a democracy and that it's our right to express our opinion.You were pissed off because we managed to blast you diplomatically (ever wonder why that US/UK/SPAIN second resolution didn't go to to vote ?)

2)By making boycott , you are inflicting much more harm to your country than to the france ( i've made a topic about 10 us firm like microsoft who protested against this non sense boycott who will destabilize an already weak global economy)

3)We have about 10 % of muslim in France , we have a lot of ties with muslim people , and we are conviced that war against terrorism should be conducted by helping to developp country rather than spreading hate by waging war

4) Illegal transaction between france and iraq had in my opinion taked place , but just like other country (Germany , Russia , USA etc...)Ask you buddy cheney , he have a lot of things to tell ya...

5)If you still believe that USA provide democrcay , just look at all the country where you made intervention , and see who are democracy right now...

#30 Hastur

Hastur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 06:50 PM

Wow so much hate man

First , to which resolution are you refering , the one who sent the UN inspectors team to Irak ?
The "smoking gun" who would authorize the launching of the war was never found.
Indeed , US was furious over Blix team report because they contradicted their version of the reality in Irak

Here's an article :
http://news.bbc.co.u...cas/2966639.stm
I highlight some part
"In an interview with the BBC, Mr Blix said American officials leaked suggestions that inspectors had deliberately suppressed information to the media in an attempt to undermine their work in Iraq.

Excerpts of the interview were released just before Mr Blix went to address the Security Council in a meeting that could begin to determine whether he and his team are ever to return to Iraq.

Inspectors were withdrawn shortly before the US launched a war to topple Saddam Hussein, whom Washington insists possessed weapons of mass destruction.

The US has since deployed its own teams to look for weapons, which it cited as the key reason for launching war, but so far none are reported to have been found.

Many nations on the Security Council say UN inspectors should be the ones to verify any new discoveries, and Mr Blix says his team could return to Iraq within two weeks if he was told to do so.

Mr Blix said that in the run-up to war, the US had seized on his alleged failure to include details of a drone and cluster bomb found in Iraq in his oral presentations to the Council.

He also reiterated his disquiet at how documents the International Atomic Energy Agency "had no great difficulty finding out were fake" managed to get through US and UK intelligence analysis.

(about the so called nigerian deal for plutonium...)

Also disturbing, he said, was the question of who was responsible for the falsification.

Remember this is an BBC article...

Next :
"MORE BULL$SHIT....America is "voting" with their pocketbooks. WHy spend our dollars on "allies" you can't trust. Screw Microsoft, they're a farking monopoly and only interested in making moeny wherever they can. Your country is getting the message whether you acknowledge it or not. Remember "paybak is a bitch".

I just wanted to remind you that France is the 5 th investitor in USA and USA are the 3 rd in France .
Secondly in the global economic situation , it's highly recommend to avoid these child like idea
Like it or not but our economical ties are so close that things like that is negative for the both

Sorry too tired to make comments about the rest of your argumentation
But please , next time , show facts...

#31 Hastur

Hastur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:39 PM

"Any failure on the part of Iraq to comply fully as required by the established dates would justify the United States and its allies to use military force in order to enforce the U.N. resolution.

Show me where Irak failed to comply , I agree that it took time for Irak to show all the site , but thank to US pressure it occured

http://www.guardian....,941533,00.html

"The UN chief weapons inspector, Hans Blix, yesterday condemned the prewar efforts of British and American intelligence to show that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, and insisted that, without UN verification, their postwar inspections lacked credibility.

"We may not be the only ones in the world who have credibility, but I do think we have credibility for being objective and independent," he said.

Mr Blix, who is due to retire from his post in June, briefed the UN security council on his readiness to send inspection teams back to Iraq.

Earlier, in a BBC radio interview, he said the coalition had appeared to use "shaky" evidence, including forged documents, as a pretext for making war on Iraq.

Afterwards he said it was "conspicuous" that coalition forces had so far failed to find "anything relevant" in their search for proscribed weapons.

The White House, which accused Mr Blix of hindering its drive for international support for the war, is reluctant to see him return to Iraq and has already sent its own teams to search for illegal weapons. It is is recruiting former UN inspectors from the US, Britain and Australia to verify any discoveries.

British officials now admit that documents purporting to show that Iraq was trying to obtain uranium to develop nuclear weapons were forgeries.

The claim that that Saddam Hussein was trying to procure uranium from Niger, in west Africa, was presented as hard intelligence-based evidence in the dossier on Iraq's possession of weapons of mass destruction which the government published in September.

The claim was taken seriously by the UN weapons inspectors until, with the help of independent experts, they found that the documents were forged.

In early March Mohamed El Baradei, director of the International Atomic Energy Agency and chief nuclear inspector for Iraq, contradicted the Downing Street and MI6 claim.

He said the documents used to substantiate them were "not authentic".

Though intelligence officials say there was additional evidence pointing to Iraq's attempt to procure uranium, Whitehall now agrees that the intelligence documents it sent to the IAEA - the UN's nuclear watchdog - and the US were fabricated. "

It's that your direct threat, Straw declared to the commons that Irak had the possibility to attack UK within 45 minute.
Where are the tons of prohibited materials ?
How can you base your legitimation on forged documents ?
Why your inspectors team failed to find anything ?
And don't answer with bullshit like mobile lab...

#32 Hastur

Hastur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:02 PM

Man do you believe things without having evidence ?

You didn't answer the question

Where are the tons of prohibited materials ?
How can you base your legitimation on forged documents ?
Why your inspectors team failed to find anything ?

#33 Hastur

Hastur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:45 PM

Damn man , I thought that CIA/MI6 according to Powell know exactly where was the iraqi's arsenal
Are you trying to say that 5 weeks was not enough to find out these weapons ?
Why you didn't find any chemical plant
And explain how Iraq was a threat (missile ? terrorism ?)

#34 AnotherEuropean

AnotherEuropean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1611 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 09:15 PM

>
>Again...read this carefully.....it's been 5 weeks. I know you expect America to perform miracles, there ain't going to be any miracles in a country the size of California. Be patient....If we can't find them after 6 months, let me know and we'll go to Syria and dig up the Bekaa valley.
>

Hollywood, builds entire cities in less than 6 months ... and you expect us, to believe your findings after a time, where its known that you could have built the entire thing from scratch in that time?

prfffttt ... is all I can say.

#35 GiBi

GiBi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1246 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 10:14 PM

Something was not highlighted as it is worth.
10% (plus) of muslims, much, much more in younger generations and fastly going on non-integration and fundamentalism.
That is meaningful. And dangerous, a lot.
Quite likely the major problem in the years to come.
GiBi

#36 Epimenides

Epimenides

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 11:14 PM

I am a space filler! ;)

#37 Epimenides

Epimenides

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 11:15 PM

I pray the readers of this forum (especially those living in the USA), who do not endorse the course of the present US administration and the occupation of Iraq, to passively protest by buying (once in a while) products of the firms presented at the beginning of this thread.

By so doing you endorse the French who have become, as the existence of this very thread proves, the primary denigration and retaliation target among those countries daring insubordination to the interests of the present US administration.

Thank you for your support,
A European (loving France)

<Edit: Please do take a look also at the names of the firms mentioned in the second next posting>

#38 AIRFORCE1

AIRFORCE1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 11:49 PM

I work with a Frenchie, He does not take a bath too often this I know, He stinks so bad most of the time you cannot stand to be near him.

I know French woman sometimes dont shave thier armpits. Yuk!!:(

#39 Epimenides

Epimenides

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 12:21 AM

AIRFORCE1 says:
I know French woman sometimes dont shave thier armpits. Yuk!! :(

You're absolutely right. Don't you ever touch one, it would be a sin. :D

#40 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2003 - 02:37 AM

Actually he's ignoring the Chimp, oops, Bush, and coming to Canada next week. He knows full well that will piss Bush off , him coming here to Canada and Bush mad as hell at us too, so mad he cancelled his own scheduled visit here..

And I love it..Owl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru