• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 11:41 PM

My goodness, 'gal....if you are going to get upset every time someone insults Bush on here, you are going to be in for a very bumpy emotional ride!

I despise the evil little bastard to the bottom of my soul. Lately his smirking, smarmy face and his arrogant body language has me laughing more than angry, although I soon stop when I think of the dead and crippled Iraqi children. As for Rumsfeld, well the less said about that munchkin the better. If ever there was a walking manifestation of the "short man syndrome" it's him!

I mean, with Howard, even most of those who voted for him know that he's an opportunistic, rat-cunning politician who is looking out for No.1. But he's THEIR man, doing what they want him to do, which is keep in power and enact legislation which favours their profits. But I think even the members of Howard's party would baulk at Bush and Rumsfeld.

#22 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2003 - 11:44 PM

platykitten,

My mother also hates his smirking. She has said this all along! She say it just makes her want to slap him! LOL!

#23 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:15 AM

LOL Plsek, when I come back to the US I hope to meet your mother...she sounds a sensible woman.

#24 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:21 AM

Gandalf....we eat pit bulls for breakfast!

#25 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:24 AM

hah! You wouldn't say that if I was curled up in your lap all warm and purry!

#26 racegal

racegal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:28 AM

I see hate and insults toward Bush on her everyday and I usually dont pay to much attention to them. Yesterday I was running on total emotions and I just took it to heart and should'nt have.

Saddam thank you for understanding.

#27 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:36 AM

LOL Gandalf! Well, you'd know more about that than I would! I must tell this funny story. Years ago when I first started using the net I was eager to try out netmeeting and converse with people from all over the world. This fella came on and before we started actually talking, we began to converse through text only. He kept talking about his little brother, and at first I didn't catch on! When I did, off went the netmeeting, off went the computer and I walked away highly insulted!

I've still probably got netmeeting on this computer, but from now on I'll stick to "safe" areas!

#28 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:43 AM

LOL He might have, but that was no business of mine!

#29 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:30 AM

HAh! Gandalf, so even an immortal can have human frailties!

Strange about Stockholm, because here in Australian "Massage Parlour" is synonymous with "brothel". In fact "respectable" massage parlours have to discreetly let it be known that they aren't brothels.LOL

#30 twosongs

twosongs

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:47 AM

platykitten,
No, I actually thought about what I wrote, you just expressed it better ;) I see a progression of ignorance towards violence in general (either physical or psychological): ignorance --> fear --> hate --> violence.

#31 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 03:18 AM

twosongs, I had a feeling that was the gist of your statement <s>

You are right, there is hate stemming from fear in the world. Unfortunately, I think this fear is being stimulated by vested interests. You don't have to be a mind-reader to guess who I mean <g>. It is the old divide and conquer which successive imperial tyrants have employed since time immemorial....and people still fall for it!

#32 racegal

racegal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 03:27 AM

Breaking a nail would be trivial, losing a friend is another.:(

#33 racegal

racegal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:28 PM

Nevermind

#34 racegal

racegal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:44 PM

Thank you Gandalf. Today is a little better:( :)

#35 Guest_CaptainAmerica_*

Guest_CaptainAmerica_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:45 PM

Wah wah wah Viggy. You are no better than the Swine was. He'd bash Canada and you'd bash the US. Bird's of a feather, the two of you. Only you have a tendancy to cry like a titty-baby when someone steps on your toes. (Yet, you have no qualms about stepping on the toes of others.)

Wuss.

#36 publius

publius

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2914 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 03:55 PM

< Dick Gephardt is advocating universal medical
care for the US. If I were the GOP, I would be very
afraid. >

shocking as it may be to you vig, it's been brought up and shot down before. when i was at college in 1993, clinton flew in and gave a huge speech to kick off his socialized health care plan, and it was shot down. you like your health care system? good for you. don't assume we want it here.

#37 Arvind

Arvind

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5387 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 04:31 PM

i do not hate anyone. i get neurotic thinking about the survival mechanism in the universe. i pray to God that everyone gets his or her share of things without engaging in animosity.

#38 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 04:52 PM

Poor naked wretches, wheresoe'e you are,
That bide the pelting of this pitiless storm,
How shall your houseless heads, and unfed sides,
Your loop'd and window'd raggedness defend you
From seasons such as these? O I have ta'en
Too little care of this: take physic, pomp,
Expose thyself to feel what wretches feel
That thou may'st shake the superflux to them,
And show the heavens more just.

- Wm Shakespeare - King Lear

#39 Rickk

Rickk

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 17843 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:02 PM

Canada has 30 million people and a 55% tax rate to pay for socialized health-care. My girlfriend is Canadian (lives in Seattle with me now). Her salary in Canada was aprox 9k a year. She makes 60k in Seattle for the same job. (computer game designer).

#40 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 11:17 PM

publius, you must be joking! You don't want a universal health care system? You LIKE paying out thousands of dollars to greedy health care companies, and then have them try to wriggle out of reimbursing you? You like receiving ONLY the treatment you can pay for?

Britain has a universal health care system. My friend lives in NZ now but was born in England. She collapsed whilst on holiday over there and needed at least a million pounds worth of treatment....she got it, and didn't pay one single penny!

I've had two lengthy hospital stays over the last six years....didn't cost me a cent....because I'm on the pension. Those who are working pay a small percentage of their tax to keep it going...the Medical Benefits companies hate it! LOL

Ah! well....stay well, and healthy of course! <g>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru