And just what did you do today?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 zhurnalist

zhurnalist

• Administrators
  • 11892 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 03:41 PM

I got up at 7.00, had a whopping great breakfast and had a meeting at 7.30 with Brazilian who is going to help me set up a new IT network in the office.

They I walked to the office (3 minutes from home) read the newspapers and watched SKY news.

I always read the sports paper first then the Portuguese dailies then the British press.

Then I turned on the computers and the staff arrived. We had our morning meeting at 8.15 and allocated the main stories (in the Portuguese version, one person is responsible for each page).

After this I scoured the Net for other news stories and started to research one or two. Then I started to put in the articles (the correspondents send them to me and I place them in the Portuguese version).

I had a meeting in the centre of Lisbon at 10.00 so the driver took me there and got stuck in the traffic. I had to leave him and run to the office...it was important (Angolan Embassy).

Then I spoke to my contact at the Russian Embassy and arranged a meeting.

After this it was time for lunch. I had already invited myself to a new Indian restaurant to check it out and possibly (a hem) write an article on it. It was rather good, in fact.

Then I came home to check my mails and do some more research). Now I am going to play handball with my son and his friends, then back to the office at 5.00 for another meeting and to see how things are going, then another meeting at another office at 6.00 and Oh no!!!

I have to get the month's shopping. There's a new Russian supermarket in Lisbon...there are 150,000 Russians and Ukrainians here which I want to check out. After that I will go out for dinner...I sent a fax inviting myself to a new hotel that's opened, plus dinner and a selection of wines.

It's important to go to these places because I am planning a tourism page in the Portuguese version and one has to see first hand if one is going to recommend something.

:)

#22 Guest_CaptainAmerica_*

Guest_CaptainAmerica_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2003 - 03:46 PM

It's important to go to these places because I am planning a tourism page in the Portuguese version and one has to see first hand if one is going to recommend something.

Hey, that makes sense to me :)

How do you fit all that in, in one day? I thought I was a busy guy.

#23 Guest_CaptainAmerica_*

Guest_CaptainAmerica_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2003 - 05:00 PM

Hmm...I had you pictured as a guy who might have his home snuggled back deep in the piney woods. Subdivision you say? I thought you were having ant and armadillo problems? Well, I guess if I can have deer and coyotes and fox and coon in my subdivision, you can have a few 'dillos.

I am about to attempt the Zone diet. This Adkins thing is driving me nuts and all reports say it is not a good one. All this grapefruit juice is breaking my face out. I do treadmill, bike and weights too. I also do a few minutes on the bag and jump rope.

My wife won't concede to allowing me a dog in the house. This weather up here dictates that one must have a house dog or that is to say a dog compatable to a house. She is a clean freak and my house has many nice things (her influence I assure you). Coupled with the fact that I usually travel and perform most every weekend, she refuses to be tied down with a dog. That makes sense. Dogs are like children. You just can't leave them all alone in a house.

I do miss Texas B-dog. what I would give for a can of "Husband Pleasin'" Ranch Style (brand) beans or some fresh purple hulls.

#24 Guest_CaptainAmerica_*

Guest_CaptainAmerica_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2003 - 05:24 PM

I used to go to Little Mexico a lot. in fact, my junior class in highschool (Grapeland) went there for a field trip. You know how many years ago that was?

Shep's if I remember correctly was right across the street from The Golden Corrall and Whataburger near the loop wasn't it? A little barbeque stand with the worlds best BBQ sandwich.

My mouth is starting to water. I hope spit ain't fattening. Yeah, the beer thing sucks. Especially on the Adkins diet. One swallow of beer and it throws the "metabolism" process out of kilter.

I have to have my beer. Beer is my God. Praise Heinenken. Amen.

#25 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2003 - 06:18 PM

In case you guys didn't know Juicy Fruit is some primo bud :)

#26 Guest_piehunt_*

Guest_piehunt_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2003 - 07:23 PM

Well, woke up to silence, the snow was the cause of that. Looked out the bedroom window to see if my Car would be able to move.....it would, sighed because i would have really have liked to be able to call the Office and say "sorry but i'm snowed in".

Anyway got to work usual time, had my brekkie there, like to get in a little earlier than the other staff, call if the quite before the storm and read the net news.

Had a pretty busy day, sold some Computers, which is always nice, Macs, PC's, did a few quotes for early next week, didn't even rip the Customers off to much today.

Ohh i had a good laugh at all the "Southern Softies" bitchin about how bad the snow was down South. It has been pretty bad here in the UK, but it was still a bit funny to see southerners panicing over the snow.

:)

#27 Hugonaut

Hugonaut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 08:02 PM

Here's how it happens to me.

Awakened at 7:00am under attack from Pancho Villa (cat). Tried to hide under covers but this just encouraged further feline battery. Became temporarily disoriented on wrong side of the bed but realized wife was still out of town.

Stagger downstairs in underwear. Endure harassment from both cats who are hungry. Explain to cats that humans get coffee before cats get food, because they don't have opposable thumbs or a written language. Make coffee, feed cats.

Attacked twice again by Pancho whilst sitting on can and upon entering shower.

Exit shower, drink coffee, eat instant grits and remember that it's Friday so I can wear jeans (hooray!). Get dressed. Drive 10 minutes to work, yelling at slow old people that keep getting in my way.

Arrive at work about 9, boss no where in sight. Log onto Pravda to see what crimes and conspiracies nitemere has accused me of since yesterday. Get caught surfing by co-worker. Log of Pravda and settle interdepartmental dispute in hallway. Do some more work while occasionally surfing pravda and other sites.

10:45am - get phone call from insane person who is convinced I am part of government housing discrimination conspiracy involving "Jews, Cubans, Jewish Cubans and Cuban Jews." Deepen his suspicion by informing him that CEO is a Jew and Chairman of the Board is a Cuban American. Wonder to myself why I bother with crazy people online when I have them around in real life. Read the Onion while he babbles on and threatens to sue me. Dare him to sue me and hang up. Send e-mail to boss telling him we are about to get sued, again.

Eat massive lunch at local soul food buffet. Fall asleep in elevator on way back up to office and get caught by really hot girl from down the hall.

And that's it so far.

#28 KoWT

KoWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8238 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 08:34 PM

I'd tell you guys how I spend my days, but you wouldn't believe me if I did...

#29 sleestak

sleestak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 12:24 AM

• Wake Up-CleanUp
  • Check Email and News Sites
  • Drive To Work
  • Talk For Awhile
  • Check Out The News Sites
  • Check Email and News Sites
  • Work on TPS Reports or Something
  • Meeting
  • Lunch Time-Eat At Home While Checking News Sites
  • Go Back To Work
  • Truck Engine Blew Up
  • Work a While
  • Check Out The News Sites
  • Time To Go Home-Wife Picks Me Up
  • Call About Getting Broken Truck Towed
  • Play a Game of NCAA Football 2003
  • Watch TV
  • Break Up 3 Domestic Arguments
  • Eat Supper
  • Read Some of "We Were Soldiers Once And Young..."
  • Chat with Friend on Yahoo Messenger
  • Try to Get Into Pravda Forum and Post Help Me Note
  • Stay Up Way Too Late and Then Go To Bed

#30 babayaga

babayaga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 12:52 AM

Lets see lucky me I just came back from the doctor and was told I can have to operations by two doctors one right after the other.

#31 Guest_CaptainAmerica_*

Guest_CaptainAmerica_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2003 - 01:13 AM

Thought that might the flavor of that gum Chorny. Mine's too seedy. I need some kind bud.

Reading all you guys, I find it amazing that we all do so many of the same things. From gettin' pissed at lil' ol' lady drivers to chewing gum.

I had a cat that used to severly bite my toe. Noticed I said "had."
I'd die for a good soul food restaurant within walking distance.

Piehunt, last nights "big snowstorm" missed us. We maybe got an inch.
The weatherman must be chewing juicy fruit.

B-dog, the bitch about Adkins is no bread, no beer and fever blisters from drinking so god damn much grapefruit juice. I'm going with the Zone diet. Plus push my exercices harder.

They used to have a kickass BBQ stand, just north of the loop on 287/19 (Grapeland road.) I guess it's gone now too huh?

That don't sound like much fun babayaga. Sorry dude.

I wear Jeans everyday Hugo. Except in the summer when I wear shorts. I tried on some khaki's and Dockers I used to have to wear at my old job....man am I getting fat.

Today, I went to work. Dicked around on the puter, booked a couple of shows, watched my Judge Judy, Joe Brown, Texas Justice shows, met the locksmith and took him to his work location, met two property brokers, had chili and burgers for lunch, did reconnascience (sp?) on a HUGE club I gotta play March 8th. I am gonna have to bring in huge trusses and sound for this one. Pays pretty good though. Came home feeling great looking for something to fall into on a Friday night. Had a bowl and a beer and found exactly the perfect thing to fall into. My couch and a blanket.

#32 Eric

Eric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 10:57 PM

i went to work today oh boy
and worked a half a day on nothing new
the other half i surfed the web
i read a post or two
all i really wanted was to find a fresh point of view

i went to lunch today oh boy
a coworker said he was in much pain
his horse had knocked him in the head
it happened in the rain
all he really cared about was how it looked being quite vain

I'd love to prove you wrong

I read the mail today oh boy
an email said good news was on the way
the corporation caused a fuss
we hadn't earned out pay
so they said they'd have to give us half of our next bonus

i'm home and on the web oh boy
and writing notes to people i don't know
we send notes through a fire wall
it only goes to show
being personal is not easy when you are intellectual

I'd love to prove you wrong

#33 EZland

EZland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12346 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 11:32 PM

shits ****s and SOB's now I'm at home kids in bed 0:30 am here...

#34 KoWT

KoWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8238 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 11:35 PM

looks like I'm not the only one that's trawling the archives today...
:D

#35 EZland

EZland

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12346 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 11:37 PM

foking never ending homework....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru