• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2559 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 01:26 AM

A Montana district judge ruled in January that for a homicide suspect with apparent multiple personalities, exercise of a Miranda right by one of them carries over to all the others. Tessa Haley lawyered up when police sought to question her about the stabbing death of her roommate, and though police questioning ceased, Haley transformed into "Martha" and spontaneously confessed to the crime, according to officers. Judge Thomas Honzel ruled that Martha's statements could not be used against Haley (although Haley is still free under existing law to argue that she is not responsible for Martha's crime). [Helena Independent Record, 1-7-03]

will her attorney give her a group discount..?

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2003 - 01:37 AM

Ouuuuuu..this sounds like a case in Texas,where a dismembered derranged pravda forum poster severed hands and pea brain in a bourbon jar) can still type on a computer keyboard!

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2003 - 01:53 AM

What a crazy story. So one of her personalities murdered the girl and then the main personality came out and thought she "discovered" her roomate dead?

Do you think if she was tried she would get off on an insanity plea?

#4 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2559 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 02:10 AM

Yes.Her insanity is apparent,as azov noted.I'm thinking its a good thing she retained her Mirandas for 'all' of them,could have easily gone the other way....interesting can of legal worms...could Martha's statements be called hearsay evidence? I wonder..

#5 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2559 posts

Posted 01 February 2003 - 02:37 AM

Could one personality be punished, like incarcerated, for the crime of another?

Not rightly...if she ever showed up again...:) Why would the Mirandas be irrelevant if she has a right to remain silent,anything you say,etc.,etc., but one 'personality' does not remain silent and would incriminate herself/themselves?

#6 DownWithFascism

DownWithFascism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11842 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:01 AM

Originally posted by xGenie
Ouuuuuu..this sounds like a case in Texas,where a dismembered derranged pravda forum poster severed hands and pea brain in a bourbon jar) can still type on a computer keyboard!

So her severed brain is pickled in a jar. :D I would never have guessed. :D

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:19 AM

Originally posted by DownWithFascism
So her severed brain is pickled in a jar. :D I would never have guessed. :D

What's with all this bumping of really old posts? :confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru