#21 Artus

Artus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:03 PM

Originally posted by baltoga
Blah, blah, blah...

And a majority of Europeans wanted peace with Adolf Hitler..

Those comparisons with Hiltler are inadequate. Saddam didn't talk about conquering the World.

BTW, Hitler and Saddam where armed by Americans.

Quote:
"The U.S. embassy in Berlin reported back to Washington that the "costly election campaigns" and "the cost of maintaining a private army of 300,000 to 400,000 men" had raised questions as to the Nazis' financial backers. The constitutional government of the German republic moved to defend national freedom by ordering the Nazi Party private armies disbanded. The U.S. embassy reported that the Hamburg-Amerika Line was purchasing and distributing propaganda attacks against the German government, for attempting this last- minute crackdown on Hitler's forces.27
Thousands of Germans opponents of Hitlerism were shot or intimidated by privately armed Nazi Brown Shirts. In this connection we note that the original "Merchant of Death", Samuel Pryor, was a founding director of both the Union Banking Corp. and the American Ship and Commerce Corp. Since Mr. Pryor was executive committee chairman of Remington Arms and a central figure in the world's private arms traffic, his use to the Hitler project was enhanced as the Bush family's partner in Nazi Party banking and trans-Atlantic shipping."

from
http://www.geocities...8844/book9.html
(Who Armed Hitler?)

#22 baltoga

baltoga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3626 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:06 PM

Piehunt,

You are right I am getting a little edgy with zxb.

zxb,

Your statements were in reference to my comparison with Hitler and Saddam Hussein. I made the inference to Chamberlain, because you did not express any regret about the peace treaty signed with Hitler.

But enough said, I issue an apology for misquoting you.

Baltoga

#23 fu2

fu2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25082 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:08 PM

Well,

The WWII history also shows that it takes a dictator to destroy another dictator. It was Stalin who put Hitler in the guter, while the contribution from the rest of the "civilized world" has been pathetic and insignificantin this regard.

Aparently the Bush-man is in a great need to look like Stalin nowdays :)

Not that he doesn't succeds though, considering this small changes to the US constitution regarding the freedom of the poor US dumies, and the treatment of the Afganistan POW. Hey what happen to the program where the public employee are supposed to rat on the "suspitious persons" in the US? It's far cry from the Gestapo's request of each family to rat on the neighbors, but getting ther though :)

#24 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:09 PM

Bush the nazi in his uniform .Anyways his family has a real history of supporting nazis

Posted Image

#25 KoWT

KoWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8238 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:10 PM

You're a phucking hoot, dude.

There's a theory I saw someplace that stated that all internet discussions will, given time, end up at a point where some goofball calls someone a Nazi.

'Seems kind of premature, in this case....

#26 baltoga

baltoga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3626 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:16 PM

Alright, alright somehow I knew that if I kept responding to this thread I'd eventually shoot my leg off. However, I still maintain from my original post that just because a majority wants peace dosen't make it right. A majority of Europeans wanted peace with Hitler and look what happened.

#27 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:18 PM

"I still maintain from my original post that just because a majority wants peace dosen't make it right. A majority of Europeans wanted peace with Hitler and look what happened."

Well, that is true, but it works the other way too doesn't it. Just because a majority of Americans want war, doen't make it right. Initially a majority of Americans wanted a war in Vietnem, and Korea. And look what happened...

#28 LifeisGood

LifeisGood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:19 PM

Saddam Hussein cannot conceivably be compared with Hitler.

Once again history is repeating it self.

#29 xovertank

xovertank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:23 PM

those brave americans soooo scared of saddam hussain,
This is most laughable.....
the guy is completely surround by military... ad they cry ad whine..
Saddam is closer to us.... nobody in Europe scared, onlya Lapdog ..or 2..

Vi ziete. Chto.. Tolko Gluposti.. Eto Vsioi..
Poka.

#30 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:24 PM

xovertank,

Long time, no see.

Good to see you again :)

#31 American Guy

American Guy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:26 PM

I look to the French, as long as the Rhineland was not remilitarised Hitler was vunerable.

The French had a large army and could have stopped him from doing so.

This is a very important point. I will continue depending upon the tone of your responses.

Then I will update my ignore list, and then continue.

Baltoga, I believe zxb was merely pointing out the historical facts, there were Nazi supporters in many countries and we are all familiar withe the Stalin - Hitler pacts and the Ukrainians that supported Hitler as did many in the Balkans. The Romanins come to mind. (see Bessabarbia)

#32 baltoga

baltoga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3626 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:29 PM

zxb,

Can't argue with the flip side of the coin. Both conflict resulted in heavy US loses. The first being a UN operation and the second taking over where the French left off.

#33 zxb

zxb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4574 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:30 PM

Thank You.

#34 baltoga

baltoga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3626 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:42 PM

The issue I see with Saddam Hussein is not whether Saddam is a military threat to others. His military after the Gulf War and 12 years of sanctions is a shadow of it's former self. Rather it's Iraq's possession of WMD, their continued interest for developing and delivering WMD and their possible intentions.

The events of 9-11, Moscow and Bali clearly show that terrorists are interested in inflicting massive loss of life, local economic destruction and humiliation of Governments. International terrorism has no border and every intention of bringing terror to the populations.

#35 Guest_piehunt_*

Guest_piehunt_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2003 - 07:55 PM

baltoga,
I can't argue with what you just said, Terrorism holds no boundries. Everything and Everyone is fair game to those S.O.B's

#36 KoWT

KoWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8238 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 08:34 PM

Invading Iraq will not make us safer from terrorism.

#37 Guest_piehunt_*

Guest_piehunt_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2003 - 08:41 PM

Originally posted by KoWT
Invading Iraq will not make us safer from terrorism.

Also true, Terrorism will always exist as long as there are people who disagree with each other and are not able to do anything about it politically, legally or rationally!
Basically we are always going to be screwed in this department.
War on Terrorism my a s s!!! :)

#38 fu2

fu2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25082 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 08:56 PM

It is true that most of the countries of the nazi axess during the WWII (Italy, Spain, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey) now support the US. Isn't it indicative :)

#39 SmallMind

SmallMind

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 10:57 PM

Originally posted by fu2
It is true that most of the countries of the nazi axess during the WWII (Italy, Spain, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey) now support the US. Isn't it indicative :)

Maybe they all want a piece of the pie :>

In brief, the exciting

#40 xovertank

xovertank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2003 - 11:01 PM

This is good way to think, American guy..Skeptic..

I also, dont beleive 90% of what is said..
Oh, By the way..Be glad you did not spend new years here..
It sucked... RTR was all the big politician and entertainers singing non-stop, for news years..all day, all night..It sucked..

Plesk, how are yoU?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru