Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 04:47 AM

G'day platy,
Check out:

http://www.indianastrology.com

You'll have to create a user-ID and log in.

I'm sorry I couldn't be in Byron Bay to see the striptease/nude protest by Aussie gals against Aussie soldiers being sent to the Iraq war. Do you honestly think Bush will be impressed by the "Bush against Bush" protest?
Maybe Clinton would have been impressed by nude women, but Bush?

#22 Gench

Gench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 February 2003 - 01:01 PM

Although I don't believe in fortune-telling by the stars I do believe that the time of the year that people are born, or more precisely the season in which they are born may affect their character and possibly even some aspects of their physical being.

I base this on the seasonal effects on the human body. One that is quite well known is Seasonal Affective Dissorder somethimes known as The Winter Blues. This distressing condition has physically detectable symptoms involving specific hormonal changes caused by light levels.

For information check out

http://www.outsidein.co.uk/sadinfo.htm

Seasons do affect people in ways other than their depressive state, for example I put on weight in Autumn and loose weight in Spring without any change in diet.

A woman carrying a child may be passing on hormonal signals across the placenta and these may better prepare the child for the availability and type of of nutrition etc. once born and in its early years. Such inherited sensitivity would be a 'success' characteristic and result in auto-selective evolution of that paticular mechanism.

So my assertion is that it may be that there are inherited character predispositions in people. This effect coming from seasonally affected hormonal levels in their mothers during gestation.

It would be interesting if someone were to do some scientific research on the subject. Who knows - maybe there is a best month in which to be born after all!

#23 platykitten

platykitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 07:41 AM

Thanks, Agnostic. I went to that website and it told me I'm a Gemini. I must say that the interpretation wasn't exactly cheerful. However, it's too late now! <g>

I'm just about to find out for my friend. She is a Virgo in Western astrology.

#24 NOTaJEW

NOTaJEW

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 11:31 AM

Believe in the one that made the stars!

#25 Agnostic

Agnostic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9978 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 03:45 PM

Hollywood makes stars.
:)

#26 Mari

Mari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15430 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 05:09 AM

I think along the lines as Source does. It's very interesting that many people's personalities are pretty much "pegged" by astrology. Of course there is the "rising" bit ;)

Western: Leo (Interesting that I'm not all that much like what they say a typical Leo is like - just a bit. I also married very opposite - a Virgo. He is much like the "typical" Virgo, but has changed a bit as years have gone by.) Chinese: Year of the Pig

#27 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:50 AM

primates

if it isn't religion then it's some other older than dirt rethoric to explain your life or to help you with your meaningless relationships..............

there is no great secret.

astrology is like counting the bumps on your numb head to asertain your personality.

Another primitive tangent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 Pravda.Ru