Cricket World Cup Thread
Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:51 AM
When Aussie kids turn up to see you bat, you are special.
Posted 27 January 2004 - 09:29 AM
There is no third umpire in the sky who we can turn to - we have to accept responsibility for our own actions and decisions. And because of that, we are outraged by what has happened to David. In the name and memory of David, we refuse to submit to the despair and violence of this world."
David Hookes - Rest in Peace
Posted 30 January 2004 - 11:35 PM
Posted 07 February 2004 - 12:31 AM
"Would the world team be able to gel in a short period?"
Would be amusing. Have to have another reality TV show to cover it.
Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:36 AM
No cricket with Pakistan till elections are over in India.
Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:04 AM
Position 1: T-90M MBT
2: T-90M MBT
These 2 tanks would open [fire:D], but if Mcgrath can knock one out I would send in reinforcements;
3. M2A3 Bradly.
4. 1 Scorpion light tank with reinforcement infantry platoon.
5. Batting at number 5 should be a sniper, to take on the part timers when they get desperate.
6. 1 platoon of 120mm mortars.
7. 2 men deploying disposable 66mm flame rockets.
8. A full flight of 4 A-10's with Napalm, AG rockets and bombs.
9. Andrew Flintoff, to create a reality question mark amongst the surviving ozzies.
10. A battery of SMERSH MRLS's vehicles.
11. 1 ZSU-23-4 with quadruple 23mm cannons.
12. Just in case Ponty and Gilly manage to savage the above, which is not out of the question, the 12 man position would comprise of 2 AH-64D with HE rockets.
I concede that this might raise a few eyebrows amongts purist cricketing circles, but it should be considered a merely the modern equivalent of bodyline (for pro ozzie sinners, or Don Bradman (for pro england supermen ).
But, the undisputed cricketing prowness of modern armoured vehicles and mechanised infantry not withstanding:
1. Herchelle Gibbs
2. Marcus Trescothick
3. Sachin Tendulkar
4. Brian Lara
5. Rahul Dravid
6. Mark Richardson
7. Jaques Kallis
8. Kumar Sangakkara
9. Shaun Pollock
10. Shoaib Akhtar
11. Muttiah Muralitharan
12. James Anderson
I would choose something along those lines.
Posted 16 February 2004 - 03:11 AM
Pollock as captain and Dravid as vice captain. Sangakkara is a great choice for wicket keeper and when he gets into the batting mood, is a treat to watch.
Anderson and Akthar to open the bowling, then Pollock and Kallis, and lastly Murali for the miracle bowling.
It would be a great series.
Trescothick versus Lee or Lara versus Lee would be interesting.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users