it had to be a lot better than him....

:cool:

#22 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 03:30 PM

(PRESSI.COM 12/16/2003) 50 Cent Raps His Way to the Top, Ending Britney Spears' Two-Year Reign as Most Searched Person

Paris Hilton Grabs Top News Story Title

AOL® Search and Message Boards Reveal What Captured the Nation's Attention in 2003

Dulles, VA - December 16, 2003 - What captivated Americans in 2003? According to America Online®'s community of more than 50 million users, 50 Cent was the most searched for person online in 2003. Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Kobe Bryant, the war in Iraq and "American Idol" also rank among the most searched for and talked about topics on the AOL® service this year.

The following are highlights from top 2003 searches on AOL® Search and top 2003 AOL Message Board topics:

***Most Searched People on AOL Search: 50 Cent became the most searched person on AOL Search, dethroning Britney Spears from her two-year reign at the top. Other most searched people include: 2) Britney Spears; 3) Paris Hilton; 4) Kobe Bryant; 5) Eminem; 6) Christina Aguilera; 7) Jennifer Lopez; 8) Oprah Winfrey; 9) Justin Timberlake; 10) Tupac Shakur.

***Top News Stories and Scandals on AOL Search: Not only did hotel empire heiress Paris Hilton make the most searched person list this year, but she was also crowned queen of news story searches after a sex tape surfaced and she made her primetime television debut. The year of scandals continued as high-profile court cases involving Kobe Bryant, Laci Peterson, Martha Stewart and Michael Jackson dominated the news. The top news searches through AOL were: 1) Paris Hilton; 2) National Do Not Call Registry; 3) Kobe Bryant and his accuser; 4) Laci Peterson case; 5) Iraq; 6) Martha Stewart; 7) September 11; 8) 2004 election candidates; 9) Michael Jackson; 10) California recall.

***Top Television Shows on AOL Search: "American Idol" topped the charts this year, not only ranking among the top reality TV shows, but also outpacing many of television's most seasoned veterans. This year's tops in programming searches include: 2) "Oprah Winfrey"; 3) "Sponge Bob Square Pants"; 4) "Wheel of Fortune"; 5) "The Today Show"; 6) "The Bachelor"; 7) "Lizzie McGuire"; 8) "Survivor"; 9) "Big Brother"; 10) "Star Search."

***Top Health Topics on AOL Search: As the low-carb craze continues to sweep the nation, Americans are turning to the Internet to research diet tools and plans, with the Atkins diet being the most popular. Other top health topics include: 2) Pregnancy; 3) Weight Watchers; 4) Plastic surgery; 5) Diets; 6) Alcoholism; 7) Diabetes; 8) South Beach Diet; 9) Herpes; 10) Weight loss.

***Top Food and Beverage on AOL Search: While many Americans are tapping into the Internet for diet ideas, others are searching for tasty treats. Top searched foods and beverages include: 1) Turkey; 2) Cookies; 3) Mixed drinks; 4) Cakes; 5) Chicken; 6) Wine; 7) Mexican food; 8) Candy; 9) Italian food; 10) Jello.

***Favorite Georges on AOL Search: George W. Bush proved to be a more popular U.S. President than George Washington when it comes to 2003 searches on AOL. The current Commander-in-Chief claimed the number one spot, while the Founding Father moved down to number two, followed by: 3) George Strait; 4) George Washington Carver; 5) George Bush Sr.; 6) George Clooney; 7) George Carlin; 8) Curious George; 9) George Jones; 10) George Orwell.

***Top 2003 AOL Message Boards: In 2003, AOL members reached out to each other to discuss hot topics, questions and concerns on more than 6,000 different topics. Of those, conflict in Iraq largely dominated AOL members' thoughts and received the largest number of postings in 2003. Top message board topics included: 1) Iraq related topics; 2) Politics; 3) Laci Peterson Case; 4) American Idol; 5) Abortion/Roe v. Wade; 6) Kobe Bryant; 7) Gay Rights; 8) Rush Limbaugh; 9) Tightwads Discussion; 10) Michael Jackson.

Additional information, including categories like Duos & Couples, Reality TV Shows, Athletes, Sports Teams, Autos, Games, Toys, plus information on AOL Community Polls, top Music Videos on AOL, and top Songs of the Year on AOL, can be found at www.aolepk.com/search. Top search terms in specific markets, provided by AOL City Guide, are also available upon request.

About AOL Search and Message Boards AOL Search is the only service that allows AOL members to search all of AOL's content and the rest of the Internet quickly and easily-from one place. To access AOL Search, members can go to AOL Keyword: Search.

To post messages on an AOL message board, members can go to AOL® Keyword: Message Boards, to get a complete listing of the message boards available on the service.

About America Online, Inc.

America Online, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of subsidiary of Time Warner Inc. Based in Dulles, Virginia, America Online is the world's leader in interactive services, Web brands, Internet technologies and e-commerce services.

Contact Info:
Cindy Harvey, America Online, Inc.
703-265-1746

Katie Griesbeck, America Online, Inc.
703-265-1746

#23 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 11:48 AM

what makes Britney Spears'
the most searched name on the net?

#24 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2003 - 12:03 PM

obmar,

The answer is sex appeal of course. What is your point?

#25 Oceania

Oceania

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3615 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 12:05 PM

Probably all the things she is linked to on the headers?

#26 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 12:08 PM

if she is on hijab would she so wanted?

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) over their bodies (when outdoors). That is most convenient that they should be known and not molested. (33:59).

there are real molest and virtual molest...
:D :)

see how wasted young minds could potentially be.....

#27 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2003 - 12:11 PM

obmar,

What is wrong with being wanted? What's wrong with being sexy?

#28 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 12:30 PM

Nothing wrong,
if the time and reason is right...

life is not about being ....

#29 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2003 - 12:35 PM

obmar,

I'm not sure I understand you. Can you elaborate?

#30 STLRUS

STLRUS

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 01:30 PM

Why obmar there is a war in Chechnya? It is a war not against people but against criminals and radical Islam. Hijab for russians is a radicalism, women wearing a hijab will be tafgeted on the streets with insults in her name. Besides wearing a hijab does not prevent Russian moslem from having sex. Muslim virgins in Russia do it up their arses, because the barbarian tradition of puting on display the sheet with a blood on it, is still strong. Moslems are womderful people, and if they not narrow minded they even more wonderful. If you force your daughter to wear a hijab you are nothing but an arsehole. No moslem girls wear hijab in Russia, because if she will get raped you have to deal with her 5 brothers. end of story. Or you have to get married. I dated a lot of moslem girls, they are not different then any westerners. They want to be beautiful and sexy looking.

#31 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 01:52 PM

A clear display of years of disbelief nationhood, and its effect on the minds...

a portion of the song in the Tv just now

Dilahirkan di dunia
Agar menjadi manusia mulia
Ku damba melihatmu bahagia
Berperibadi sempurna
Harungi dunia yang gila

Born to this world
So that one becomes an efficacious being
I pride seeing you happy
perfected self
wading the crazy world

#32 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:20 AM

Instead of banning headscarves, it is this larger question of the social, political and economic integration of the Muslim minority into mainstream French society that the government should be addressing. Apart from an appraisal of actual policies and programmes that impact upon the community, it calls for a thorough re-examination of certain dominant attitudes exhibited by both the majority and the minority which appear to have contributed to the widening chasm between the two. In other words, social education aimed at overcoming deep seated prejudices and stereotypes should be the priority focus of both State and society at this point in time. President Chirac has adopted the wrong approach to a challenge that confronts most multi-religious societies today.

#33 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:35 AM

Universal Rape statistics....

Unfortunately Rape most often is by people that the victim knew....

#34 Chung

Chung

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3042 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:49 AM

PLsek, ok I admit it, if men did not have a permanant hard on, there would be no need for Hijab. But lets be realistic, I live and work in western society as a professional / engineering type person. In my office, all I hear from all the men is "cor, look at her, cor look at that". It is so bad I would honestly say, even all the happily married men spend half there working day lusting over this secretary, or that girl or whoever. I would go as far as to say 50 % of the working day is lost to men infatuated with there dicks and not concentrating on there job.

My sis was born and bought up in such a society with absolutely no compulsion to do anything she chose not to. she now wears a Hijab, out of choice, is treated as a person rather than a sex object and is much happier. It is quite easy to say "it is a male problem" but it is a Human problem.

#35 Chung

Chung

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3042 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:50 AM

and yet again, Islam has the most realistic answer

#36 Chung

Chung

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3042 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:54 AM

Yawn, the pseudo Italian, born again, crusading imbecile shows the extents of his mentality yet again

#37 Chung

Chung

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3042 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:56 AM

ok good post sicko, whats the point ?, and despite the french history with muslims they still were against what america did, what does that say ?

#38 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:58 AM

Every beetle is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother.
Source: (Moorish)

:D

#39 obmar

obmar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21253 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:03 AM

>>that is a problem with the men not disciplining themselves. There are plenty of men who DO manage to keep their minds on their work. And, the place I've worked that had the most sexually inappropriate behavior was a beef packing plant in which the women were covered as thoroughly as a muslim, and had beef blood all over them besides! It's not the clothing.<<

Imagine if they work without the attire....

#40 Chung

Chung

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3042 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:04 AM

gadfly, I was born and bought up in the uk, and have yet to see a mixed working environment where the majority of the men are concentrating on anything other than sexual thoughts inspired by scantily dressed women rather than work. I am not saying this is right, but it is a fact of history and male genes or whatever.

i would estimate the number of working hours lost to lusting men to be greater than alcohol, ciggarettes or anything else. As civilised people we realised smoking was bad for health and the workplace so we banned it. As civilised people we should realise scantily dressed women are bad for the workplace and society, and ban that too, and i am not saying this from a religious or a male point of view, just common sense relating to my experiences

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2020 Pravda.Ru