vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:17 PM

Catholic priest says God is a woman
25.02.2015 | Source: Pravda.Ru

54634.jpeg

A Catholic priest from Massachusetts, USA, woke up after clinical death and shared interesting revelations about the nature of God.

The 71-year-old Father John Micheal O'neal said that his soul made a trip to heaven during 48 minutes of his clinical death.

Such information is common for those who experienced the condition of clinical death. However, the American priest also said that he could see God having female and "motherly" outlines, Pravda.Ru reports.

The elderly man said that he had clear and vivid memories of what happened to him when he was in a state of clinical death. 

"She had a soft and soothing voice and her presence was as reassuring as a mother's embrace. The fact that God is a Holy Mother instead of a Holy Father doesn't disturb me, she is everything I hoped she would be and even more!" John Micheal O'neal said. 

The cleric's remarks caused quite a stir among the US Catholic Church and the Vatican. However, the man intends to spread his views about God throughout the religious world, Pravda.Ru says.

"I wish to continue preaching. I would like to share my new knowledge of the Mother, the Son and the Holy Ghost with all catholics and even all Christians. God is great and almighty despite being a woman," the cleric said. 

Pravda.Ru 

Read the news story on the Russian version of Pravda.Ru 

Original article available here

#2 vladzo

vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

• 180550.png
    vladzo в 01:09 26 февраля

my first comment about this observation is that the late commedian george burns also agreed with this observation; and this has been believed by the roma (gypsy) people for many hundreds of years.my last comment about this observation is that the idea still makes G*D into a humanoid because humans are either male or female. G*D must be understood as only ONE G*D without any comparitive observations; as neither father nor mother as neither male nor female. the CREATOR is the one and only master of the universe. - vlad

Edited by vladzo, 25 February 2015 - 10:18 PM.

#3 vladzo

vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:38 PM

•  
  • 184876.jpeg
    Christian Constantine в 16:32 25 февраля

What a joke!!! What else is new from the Roman Church? God is neither a man nor a woman. Anyone who believes in a God which is shaped in the image of humans is delusional. Here is a question. Does God exist in time or out of time. It cannot be both, for the  Arrow of Time is the great leveller. If God exists in time then He/She/It is dead or will be dead. Hence, He/She/It cannot be God. If God exist out of time then He/She/It has no impact on finite creatures such as us....Roman priests are a joke. Theologians however, are another issue...

Edited by vladzo, 25 February 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#4 Shura

Shura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25707 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:36 AM

Don't you have anything more interesting to talk about besides prattle

#5 vladzo

vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:13 PM

Don't you have anything more interesting to talk about besides prattle

this is not prattle.

you should notice that i am not trashing the main forum as you do.

NOW PLEASE STOP TRASHING MY THREAD.

#6 vladzo

vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:14 PM

Catholic Priest Dead For 48 Minutes, Is Miraculously Revived – His Revelations About God Are Even More Shocking
Read more at http://www.inquisitr...fmIRwVSiVeCc.99

A Catholic priest from Massachusetts had been dead for 48 minutes before he was miraculously resuscitated. However, it is his description about God that is bound to spark a hot debate about the almighty.

Father John Michael O’Neal was officially declared dead for more than 48 minutes, but medics were able to miraculously re-start his heart. According to the 71-year-old man of God, the supreme entity isn’t a man, as is popularly assumed and believed. Father O’Neal claims he met God during the brief time he was officially dead and God is a woman.

The catholic father claims God is a warm and comforting motherly figure. The revelation will undoubtedly have a profound bearing on the teachings of Christianity, which firmly believes and even implies that God is a male figure who has watched over us with love and devotion. Though the love and devotion part is corroborated by Father O’Neal, he differs from the church’s teachings about the gender of God.

Father John Micheal O’neal had the chance to meet with the divine when he was rushed to a hospital late last month owing to a massive heart attack. However, Father O’Neal was declared clinically dead shortly after his arrival. Not one to give up hope so easily, doctors at Massachusetts General Hospital kept the blood flowing to his brain with the aid of a high-tech machine called LUCAS 2.

While the blood flowed with the help of modern science, doctors worked tirelessly to unblock vital arteries and return his heart to a normal rhythm. Consistent with near-death experiences, Father O’Neal entered heaven through a gate made of bright light and encountered God. However, instead of the all-mighty father figure, the priest claims he was warmly greeted by a motherly figure. Father O’Neal describes the divine entity as “mother-like ‘Being of Light.'”

“Her presence was both overwhelming and comforting. She had a soft and soothing voice and her presence was as reassuring as a mother’s embrace. The fact that God is a Holy Mother instead of a Holy Father doesn’t disturb me, she is everything I hoped she would be and even more!”

As expected, the priest’s claims about the gender of God has created quite a stir amidst devote Catholics. The intense discussion between the catholic clergy of the archdiocese about the “experience” of the father and the ramifications of his revelations persuaded the Archbishop to summon a press conference to try and calm the rumors.

Though his superiors have disapproved, Father O’Neal says that he will continue dedicating his life to God and spread the word of the “Holy Mother.”

“I wish to continue preaching. I would like to share my new knowledge of the Mother, the Son and the Holy Ghost with all Catholics and even all Christians. God is great and almighty despite being a woman…”

Given the potency of Father O’Neal’s alleged experience, it is quite likely he might face some resistance and criticism. However, he is prepared, assures the priest.

[Image Credit | India Today]

Read more at http://www.inquisitr...fmIRwVSiVeCc.99

Edited by vladzo, 27 February 2015 - 10:15 PM.

#7 vladzo

vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

A Catholic priest from Father John Micheal O’Neal claims he went to heaven and met a female God (Picture: Netloid)

That’s today’s claim on the internet. But it’s been rubbished by a spokesman for the Archbishop of Boston.

Unverified reports said that Father John Michael O’Neal, 71, is a Catholic priest from the Boston diocese who suffered a massive heart attack and died for 48 minutes.

During that time, it was alleged that he went to heaven before being brought back by doctors in Massachusetts.

However, Terrence Donilon, a spokesman for the Archbishop of Boston, has dismissed the reports as a ‘hoax’.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk, he said: ‘We do not have a priest of this name. I believe this could be a hoax story’.

Reports had described how the priest was engulfed by a feeling of unconditional love as he met God, who he described as a mother-like ‘being of light’.

He reportedly said: ‘Her presence was both overwhelming and comforting.

‘She had a soft and soothing voice and her presence was as reassuring as a mother’s embrace.

‘The fact that God is a Holy Mother instead of a Holy Father doesn’t disturb me, she is everything I hoped she would be and even more.’

nickheadshot.png?crop=46px%2C49px%2C204p
Nicholas Reilly for Metro.co.ukSunday 22 Feb 2015 4:25 pm

Edited by vladzo, 27 February 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#8 vladzo

vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:26 PM

• 185154.png
    Peter Hardy в 12:34 27 февраля
    Who cares? Roman Russia don't you find it obcene that your Orthodox church is dripping in gold and jewels and oh yes the bloke in charge Kiril something wears a Rolex watch. A watch he tried to hide from his flock. All organised religion is wacky and people are looking for alternatives. My belief is that if you believe in God then you do so privately and you do not insult other peoples choice of religion.
  • 176739.jpeg
    Ronald Aleksy в 04:07 26 февраля
    Friends of the political LEFT!  There are more important things to worry about than some priest's vision, dream, or hallucination.  
  • 180550.png
    some comments from readers of pravda front page
  • 176974.jpeg
    Roman Russia в 22:54 25 февраля
    “It is an unchristian religion, in the first place!' the prince resumed in great agitation and with excessive sharpness. 'That's in the first place, and secondly, Roman Catholicism is even worse than atheism - that's my opinion. Yes, that's my opinion! Atheism merely preaches a negation, but Catholicism goes further: it preaches a distorted Christ, a Christ calumniated and defamed by it, the opposite of Christ! It preaches Antichrist - I swear it does, I assure you it does! This is my personal opinion, an opinion I've held for a long time, and it has worried me a lot myself. ... Roman Catholicism believes that the Church cannot exist on earth without universal temporal power, and cries: Non possumus! In my opinion, Roman Catholicism isn't even a religion, but most decidedly a continuation of the Holy Roman Empire, and everything in it is subordinated to that idea, beginning with faith. The Pope seized the earth, an earthly throne and took up the sword; and since then everything has gone on in the same way, except that they've added lies, fraud, deceit, fanaticism, superstition wickedness. They have trifled with the most sacred, truthful, innocent, ardent feelings of the people, have bartered it all for money, for base temporal power. And isn't this the teaching of Antichrist? Isn't it clear that atheism had to come from them? And it did come from them, from Roman Catholicism itself! Atheism originated first of all with them: how could they believe in themselves? It gained ground because of abhorrence of them; it is the child of their lies and their spiritual impotence! Atheism! In our country it is only the upper classes who do not believe, as Mr Radomsky so splendidly put it the other day, for they have lost their roots. But in Europe vast numbers of the common people are beginning to lose their faith - at first from darkness and lies, and now from fanaticism, hatred of the Church and Christianity!”  The Dostoesvky/The Idiot. 
    • 176974.jpeg
      Roman Russia в 23:12 25 февраля
      He remembered that during his epileptic fits, or rather immediately preceding them, he had always experienced a moment or two when his whole heart, and mind, and body seemed to wake up to vigour and light; when he became filled with joy and hope, and all his anxieties seemed to be swept away for ever; these moments were but presentiments, as it were, of the one final second (it was never more than a second) in which the fit came upon him. That second, of course, was inexpressible. When his attack was over, and the prince reflected on his symptoms, he used to say to himself: "These moments, short as they are, when I feel such extreme consciousness of myself, and consequently more of life than at other times, are due only to the disease—to the sudden rupture of normal conditions. Therefore they are not really a higher kind of life, but a lower." This reasoning, however, seemed to end in a paradox, and lead to the further consideration:—"What matter though it be only disease, an abnormal tension of the brain, if when I recall and analyze the moment, it seems to have been one of harmony and beauty in the highest degree—an instant of deepest sensation, overflowing with unbounded joy and rapture, ecstatic devotion, and completest life?" Vague though this sounds, it was perfectly comprehensible to Muishkin, though he knew that it was but a feeble expression of his sensations.That there was, indeed, beauty and harmony in those abnormal moments, that they really contained the highest synthesis of life, he could not doubt, nor even admit the possibility of doubt. He felt that they were not analogous to the fantastic and unreal dreams due to intoxication by hashish, opium or wine. Of that he could judge, when the attack was over. These instants were characterized—to define it in a word—by an intense quickening of the sense of personality. Since, in the last conscious moment preceding the attack, he could say to himself, with full understanding of his words: "I would give my whole life for this one instant," then doubtless to him it really was worth a lifetime. For the rest, he thought the dialectical part of his argument of little worth; he saw only too clearly that the result of these ecstatic moments was stupefaction, mental darkness, idiocy. No argument was possible on that point. His conclusion, his estimate of the "moment," doubtless contained some error, yet the reality of the sensation troubled him. What's more unanswerable than a fact? And this fact had occurred. The prince had confessed unreservedly to himself that the feeling of intense beatitude in that crowded moment made the moment worth a lifetime. "I feel then," he said one day to Rogojin in Moscow, "I feel then as if I understood those amazing words—'There shall be no more time.'"  The Idiot.

#9 vladzo

vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

• 180550.png
    vladzo в 01:30 28 февраля
    i must say that this story is not yet old and complete :::: soon there must be comments from the holy inquisision and from other churches. i ask the pravda.ru administration to continue and with this story and keep us informed. vlad

Edited by vladzo, 27 February 2015 - 10:32 PM.

#10 vladzo

vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:35 PM

FORGIVE THEM, THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY RT
Anatomy Of A Fake, Viral Story: The Priest Who Met A Female God In His Near-Death Experience
21 diggs
  • Diggs: 21
  • Tweets: 134
  • Facebook Shares: 439
Feb 24 2015, 3:50 AM

Digg is partnering with Emergent, a real-time rumor tracker, to tell the facts behind the stories that spread online.

On February 4th, World News Daily Report published a story about a Massachusetts priest who made a miraculous medical recovery, and discovery:

A Catholic priest from Massachussetts [sic] was officially dead for more than 48 minutes before medics were able to miraculously re-start his heart. During that time, Father John Micheal O’neal claims he went to heaven and met God, which he describes as a warm and comforting motherly figure.

The story reported that Boston Archbishop Cardinal Sean P. O’Malley explained away O’Neal’s revelation as nothing more than “hallucinations linked to a near-death experience,” and added that “God clearly isn’t a female.”

World News Daily Report looks and reads like a real news website, but everything it publishes is completely fake.

This remarkable report of a Catholic priest claiming that the Holy Father is in fact a mother went unnoticed by other media until a newspaper in Uganda, the Daily Monitor, picked it up word-for-word. That set off a cascade of articles on other websites around the world, which together have racked up tens of thousands of shares and social interactions, primarily on Facebook.

The Daily Monitor's motto is “Truth Everyday,” but in this case its plagiarism helped propagate a hoax. World News Daily Report looks and reads like a real news website, but everything it publishes is completely fake. It’s one of several fake news websites that pump out hoax content with the goal of generating shares and links that they can monetize with ads.

Many of these sites have legitimate sounding names, such as The Daily Currant or National Report. They not only monetize peoples’ gullibility, but also their hopes and fears, their political and religious beliefs.

At least some of those factors were likely at play when Bridget Mary Meehan — who is identified as a bishop by the Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests — gleefully blogged about the story when it first circulated:

Why is Cardinal O'Malley and the Boston Archdiocese so upset? You would think he'd be inspired. Perhaps, he is afraid that if God is a woman, then, that could put a big crack in the church's stained glass ceiling and open the door to women priests!
Fake News, Real Shares
Fake articles generate far more social attention than debunking attempts.

Fake news websites are enough of a concern that Facebook recently released a new way for users to flag fake and hoax content in their news feed, with the hopes of stopping fake news from going viral on their platform.

I recently completed a research project for the Tow Center for Digital Journalism at Columbia University that included analysis of these sites. We collected social shares and interactions data on fake news articles and compared it with articles that attempted to debunk those hoaxes. In every case except one, the fake articles generated far more social attention (retweets, shares, Likes and comments) than debunking attempts.

Take, for example, a ludicrous article from Huzlers that claimed Earth would experience six days of darkness at the end of last year. We collected seven articles from credible websites that debunked this claim. Together they racked up over 135,000 social shares and interactions. But that single fake news articles is today approaching 1 million shares and interactions.

World News Daily Report scored a few big hits of its own in recent months. One of the biggest was yet another religious claim: the site reported that a “Newly-Found document holds Eyewitness Account of Jesus Performing Miracle.” It generated over 450,000 shares and interactions. It had another success earlier this year with a report that a 600-pound Australian woman had given birth to a 40-pound baby. The story garnered over 350,000 social interactions.

How The False Priest Became True

World News Daily Report’s "About Us" page describes it as an “American Jewish Zionist newspaper based in Tel Aviv” that is “dedicated on covering biblical archeology news and other mysteries around the Globe.” It says it has a team of “award winning christian, muslim and jewish journalists, retired Mossad agents and veterans of the Israeli Armed Forces [sic].” WNDR also claims to publish a daily print edition with a circulation of more than 200,000.

All of the above is easily checked and proven false. So too was the story of the priest and his reawakening. First, the image of the priest on WNDR is a stock photo. Second, the Archdiocese of Boston lists no Father John Micheal O’neal in its online directory of priests.

But after Uganda's Daily Monitor gave the story exposure and credibility by publishing it as true, other sites in Africa, the U.S., U.K. and India piled on. The fake story became a real force.

Facebook is working to make itself inhospitable for fake news, but this example shows how credulous journalists and news sites provide another avenue for fake news to capture social shares, traffic and credibility.

The Daily Monitor published its article on February 19th. Soon, a radio station in Ghana reported the priest story as true, as did Pulse.ng and others in Africa. The story made its way to India Today, generating thousands more shares. 20minutes.fr translated it into French and earned over six thousand shares and social interactions. Inquisitr, a viral news site that over the past six months has generating close to 20 million uniques per month, also reported the story as real. (Its headline: “Catholic Priest Dead For 48 Minutes, Is Miraculously Revived – His Revelations About God Are Even More Shocking.”)

The priest and his claim made its American news debut when a CBS radio station in Dallas published a blog post, citing the Daily Monitor. Then, on Sunday, the story’s trip around the world was complete when Metro U.K. reported the tale. (My Tow Center research found that Metro U.K. was one of a collection of news sites that consistently jumped on unverified, and often dubious, claims that had the potential to generate clicks. Inquisitr is also a member of that club.)

Metro’s article carried a headline that declared the story to be true (“Priest who died for 48 minutes says he met God and she’s a woman”). It struck a slightly more cautionary tone in the text:

According to an unverified report, Father John Micheal O’Neal, 71, briefly went to heaven and met a ‘warm and comforting’ motherly figure as doctors battled to save his life at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Though it flagged the story as unverified, Metro didn’t cite or link to any sources in its story. That was true in almost all of the articles about the priest.

One site did, however, ask the important questions. Sean Noble from The Blaze, a website held by Glenn Beck’s media company, published a debunking Sunday morning. Headlined, “That Story About a Catholic Priest Dying, Seeing God as a Woman, and Coming Back to Life? It’s Almost Definitely Fake,” it was the first to call out the hoax. Noble noted the use of the stock image, the lack of coverage from Boston media, and, of course, the fact that World News Daily Report traffics in fake stories.

It has been joined by other debunkings, including one from my site, Emergent.

Metro U.K. has also reversed itself. The site revised its original text to include a quote from the Archdiocese of Boston that explains the claim is a hoax.

As of this writing, the debunkings have attracted roughly 2,000 shares and interactions, while the articles that treat it as true now top 160,000.

And at least one person who now knows it was a hoax has chosen to believe the story still contains an element of truth. Bridget Mary Meehan, the woman working to have the Catholic Church accept female priests, updated her original blog post to declare:

I believe if it hasn't yet happened, it truly will! Someone once said: "all stories are true some actually happened"
Stay tuned, I will keep you updated!
36cb980194cd4d34958d52c00c8bc77c_edf4764

(@CraigSilverman) is the founder of Emergent.info, a real-time rumor tracker, and a leading expert on media errors, accuracy and verification. He is a fellow with the Tow Center for Digital Journalism at Columbia University and the author of the new Tow report, "Lies, Damn Lies and Viral Content: How News Websites Spread (and Debunk) Online Rumors, Unverified Claims and Misinformation." Craig is also the founder and editor of the Poynter Institute blog Regret the Error, which reports on media accuracy and the discipline of verification. He edited the Verification Handbook from the European Journalism Center, and is the author of two award-winning non-fiction books.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2020 Pravda.Ru