Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Why Russsian is considered as a difficult language?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Russian Fellow

Russian Fellow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:12 AM

Why Russian is considered as a difficult language? I don't understand it.

In Russian there are only three tenses--one present, one past, one future.

Yes, there are grammatical cases in Russian language (Nominative, Genitive, Dative, Accusative, Instrumental, Prepositional) and there are some type of nouns' declination. But one can remeber declination of all these types of nouns. The declination of adjectives are easier than declination of nouns.

But is this very difficult to lean these thing? I don't understand.

Edited by Russian Fellow, 13 February 2016 - 10:13 AM.

#2 WATCHD0G

WATCHD0G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5053 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:40 AM

Why Russian is considered as a difficult language? I don't understand it.

In Russian there are only three tenses--one present, one past, one future.

Yes, there are grammatical cases in Russian language (Nominative, Genitive, Dative, Accusative, Instrumental, Prepositional) and there are some type of nouns' declination. But one can remeber declination of all these types of nouns. The declination of adjectives are easier than declination of nouns.

But is this very difficult to lean these thing? I don't understand.

Don't forget about verb aspect pairs, verbs of motion, and other crazy little quirks.

Then you've got Russian's often difficult idiomatic phrases (not that English is lacking in those). I'd say it adds up to a daunting learning experience for anyone who isn't thoroughly immersed in the language and culture.

#3 Shura

Shura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25707 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:15 PM

Actually Russian is much easier to learn than English to someone keen on learning, mainly because every letter has  its own sound

#4 WATCHD0G

WATCHD0G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5053 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:33 PM

Actually Russian is much easier to learn than English to someone keen on learning, mainly because every letter has  its own sound

Spelling rules are one aspect to consider, of course. I like German and Russian both for their relatively consistent and simple spelling rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Pravda.Ru