• 8485 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

#2 Atossa

Atossa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47455 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

If you like this topic title.... you'll love the "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion"
whose evil plot to destroy Aryan Christendom included the atheist destruction of Christianity.

#3 MirrorMan

MirrorMan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8485 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:42 PM

If you like this topic title.... you'll love the "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion"
whose evil plot to destroy Aryan Christendom included the atheist destruction of Christianity.

The problem is with blind faith in something (doesn't have to be religion).  It's not all negative, take e.g. the placebo effect:

http://www.dailymoti...-the-placebo_tv

but this also has a flip side:

http://www.bbc.com/f...urself-to-death

#4 Traveler

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3802 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:06 AM

There is a difference between the religious and the righteous. A lot of what was talked about in the first video was taken out of context. Yes this man may have a good idea of science but when it comes to the spiritual he is lacking. If you look closer at those biblical accounts you will find that God does not force any to follow him but he will defend those that do. The god of Islam is not the God of the bible. They are different entities altogether.

#5 Hellboy

Hellboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

No one knows more about the destructive power of religion than me. Three years of having the bible

driven into my head by an old German WW2 guy. Sunday morning. Sunday evening. And Friday prayer meetings.

The result - $40,000 down the drain. It just so happened the family that owned the church, the family that

was going religious almost fanatically, was best friends with the most two-faced crookedest greedy swine in Canada,

who ended up selling $40,000 worth of crap to our family.  That money was flushed right down the drain.

So I did a scientific test. I took eight of my aunts and uncles, and figured out how much they believe in God. From one to ten,

some of them believed a little bit, some believed a lot and one retarded ape uncle of mine was an atheist, alcoholic.

And I found out every one of those eight aunts and uncles were good to me in my lifetime, proportional to how much

they believed in God. The worst of all - was the bastard atheist.

So that was an interesting scientific experiment.

home_3.png

^ they think that "light" that was photographed above his head was "God." I'm thinking now it was a scam.

Edited by Hellboy, 12 May 2017 - 02:20 PM.

#6 Traveler

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3802 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:09 AM

No one knows more about the destructive power of religion than me. Three years of having the bible

driven into my head by an old German WW2 guy. Sunday morning. Sunday evening. And Friday prayer meetings.

The result - $40,000 down the drain. It just so happened the family that owned the church, the family that

was going religious almost fanatically, was best friends with the most two-faced crookedest greedy swine in Canada,

who ended up selling $40,000 worth of crap to our family.  That money was flushed right down the drain.

So I did a scientific test. I took eight of my aunts and uncles, and figured out how much they believe in God. From one to ten,

some of them believed a little bit, some believed a lot and one retarded ape uncle of mine was an atheist, alcoholic.

And I found out every one of those eight aunts and uncles were good to me in my lifetime, proportional to how much

they believed in God. The worst of all - was the bastard atheist.

So that was an interesting scientific experiment.

home_3.png

^ they think that "light" that was photographed above his head was "God." I'm thinking now it was a scam.

If you had looked at that bible half as much as you claim you would have worked out soon enough what was real and what was fake. For example can you find any reference in the new testament where the apostles sold their services.

#7 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13428 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

Great points everyone

There is a great need as well for our species to view and apprehend the spiritual side

Science functions as religion for some

Those that face their fears can find Truth more readily

I suppose one needs to be truth

Best regards

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: religion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2020 Pravda.Ru