29 replies to this topic

#21 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

Other things to consider: materials used in the making of electrical contacts...

http://www.contactec...s-Materials.htm

Smaller magnets with a stronger pulling force (180lbs.) a smaller magnet makes for a shorter rotor. (There are many options to choose from)

http://www.magnet4le...products_id=839

Edited by Vanka Savolov, 08 October 2017 - 09:58 PM.

#22 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

Some open thoughts regarding this and that:

The switch's rotating contacts can be flipped over when all used up to yield new/clean contact surfaces, ready to be indexed when necessary... for however many indexing positions the circumference of said contact will allow.

If the plane these motors are mounted to--were to be parked, facing into the wind, the propellers will act as any propeller would and spin the rotor they are attached to, and so, since this motor is basically a power plant, the wind would cause a charging of the circuits within the motor's system.

Entirely unnecessary, but do-able nevertheless, is the placement of a solar panel array and a small wind generator on the exterior of said plane that will charge the battery that will probably never see enough of a load to ever fully discharge it. The rotary switch can be manufactured with two additional contacts, one for charging the battery with the solar array and the other for charging said battery using the the external wind-generator.

In addition to landing and running lights, all the interior lighting could be incorporated into this system to help to dissipate any excess energy, because this motor-generator is designed to operate at charge voltages, which are voltages higher than its source voltage, that will need to be dissipated so the the BEMF capture circuit can do its job.

Without doing too many modifications, a small inverted can be set in place to power things like laptops or anything that doesn't require much power to operate.

Of course, if this motor is tightly regulated, the generator side of each circuit could be wound to deliver high currents, with which, much larger loads can be placed on much larger inverters.

What is it that you'd like this motor-generator to do? Design it that way and that's what it will do... because electricity will behave, in whatever manner, in accordance to the circuit, of which you had designed it to do.

Edited by Vanka Savolov, 09 October 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#23 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

Removed, see next post.

Edited by Vanka Savolov, 09 October 2017 - 11:05 PM.

#24 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

Here's a revised version of the motor circuit. There's four modifications to this circuit, one is the generator's connection to the regulator and

the other is the addition of the LED dissipation circuit. I've divided the BEMF circuit to allow for the best dissipation of energy so that the

BEMF's electrolytic capacitor will discharge enough energy to ready it for the next BEMF back-flow. The voltage across said capacitor should

drop to about 64Vdc which leaves plenty of room for the next spark to dissipate into. This must happen faithfully every time the switch opens.

In addition to that, there's a load resistor placed in parallel to the LED circuit that will help to dissipate the energy at high RPMs. Also included

is a section of the rotary switch, and also a diode is added at the center tap of the two electrolytic capacitors that divide the voltage, which will

add some back-flow to the regulator circuit. Adding the diode in this manner will help to insure that enough energy is dissipated from the BEMF

circuit to reduce/limit any contact burnout.

mogen_circuit_version_7.png

Edited by Vanka Savolov, 10 October 2017 - 05:30 PM.

#25 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

It seems that I've used up all the free third party image hosting allotted by Photobucket. I find it rather curious that such services were entirely terminated soon after the last drawing, revision-7, was posted. In that revision, I had made every correction and added everything I could think of to present a functional circuit in its simplest form. I don't know why it is that all of these drawings were terminated just because one drawing put me over the limit... makes no sense, and if Photobucket is expecting me to pay $399.00 a year, after what they've done to this thread, they seriously need to think twice... because Photobucket SUCKS in my humble opinion. Their free service comes with a ton of annoying ads that slows down my computer to a crawl... but since it was free, I had no problem tolerating the 'in-your-face' advertising and slow service.

Until I can find another free image hosting website, that will allow for more images to be hosted than Photobucket does, I'll just have to narrate some aspects regards this motor design. Maybe it'll be a plus, as I can let this thread die and build a new one using only the most up-to-date drawings and a better thought out narrative.

They say that "practice makes perfect" and I tend to agree, 100%.

#26 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

Here's what I mean about "in-your-face" ads... and my computer has frozen on that screen, where clicking on the 'continue to site' button does nothing at all. I'm going to delete everything stored on Photobucket's server.

Screenshot-2017-10-10 Chrisadowdle's Library.png

#27 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

What has become of a world where one must pay another to freely give to all others?

What's puzzling about this is: One can host seemingly unlimited videos on Youtube but simple images created in Microsoft paint seem to have no such hosting.

There's must be a hosting site out there somewhere, that will give as freely as I'm attempting to do. I'll search and search until I find one that suits me. Until then...

Peace, love and joy and the brightest future to all! (pun intended)

#28 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

I found this imaging hosting site, and it is not only free and easy to use, the ads are kept to a minimum. And wow, it even offers 'hot links' for forums, such as this one, that can be copied and pasted without adding any tags. Cool!

Postimage gets three thumbs-up from me! (but Vanka, you only have two thumbs!) Exactly!

https://postimg.org/...2l9r3/c3bd59a6/

Should I build a new thread, omitting all the unnecessary stuff or just continue on with this one? That's a question I've asked myself, what do you think would be best?

I posted version 7 in post # 24 so give it a good pondering... or not, it's your choice. ;)

Edited by Vanka Savolov, 10 October 2017 - 05:42 PM.

#29 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

The agenda: I plan to build another thread dedicated to this motor design. Then I'll build threads relating to the other devices. Since each device will have its own particulars, I'll include a glossary of terms for each device, at the start of each thread right after the introduction/preface.

The first two threads will be all about asymmetrical motors, then I'll present the other devices.

I may include a surprise that's unrelated to electrical things... now that I know when a certain someone's birthday is, perhaps I'll wait until then... only time can tell... I could make it a Christmas present... yes I can.  (and you thought I was how crazy? I'll prove you wrong every time, cuz I'm crazier than you think). :crazy: I  just wanted to use that emoticon... yes I did.

#30 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

Before I get started on any new threads regarding these electrical devices, I feel the need to express what it is I'm attempting to do here, in relation to my philosophy in life.

Someone coined the phrase: 'the rule of K.I.S.S' which means, Keep It Super Simple. There's another phrase spoken that goes: "simplicity is complexity at its best." Plus, I use humor to cope with stressful situations and, this isn't so much of a philosophy as it is perhaps a character flaw, where I can't seem to catch mistakes in my writings/drawings BEFORE such gets posted. It never fails, as soon as it's posted, the mistakes glare at me... and not always immediately.

I've heard tales of authors, whom many faithfully read, have editors that pour over their works to shape it to the point that, you, the read will enjoy, without having to wade through errors of every sort imaginable... which leads me to revision 7 shown in post # 24 of this thread.

I've got the blues and feel like sitting down at the piano and playing same... the adjustable voltage regulator looks like it will not work, for various reasons, in the circuit as I had hoped it would. What it needs to be replaced with is a pulse-width-modulator that allows for peak voltages while limiting the current flow, and such a circuit can be controlled by a CdS cell, like the regulator circuit. A rheostat (heavy-duty potentiometer) could be used in place of the regulator, but rheostats are mechanical devices and would require that they are mechanically coupled together, which would make the circuit module design ultra-complicated and impossible to simply pop it out of its snap-in position... the rod that mechanically links these rheostats would need to be remove enough to replace any malfunctioning module.

Pulse-width-modulators are not simple circuits, but they can be bought in ready to go packages that are small enough so that these replaceable modules won't widen too much, the over-all width of the motor.

And last, I plan to present a variation of another's works... where said works are suppressed, and so I have to reference the inventor's device/patent to enable a clear view of the differences between the variant and its original. Having to reference suppressed technologies will most likely remove any variant from the public domain, even though the variant's changes prove to be significant enough to warrant its own patent... I'd still have to cite its basis, which have been suppressed. Once posted, latch on to the information in the hopes that TPTB will soon lose their strangle-hold on such technologies.

The generator circuit as shown is not regulated for charge voltages, and unless you like to blow-out capacitors, the need for such regulation is an absolute. That same regulator circuit used for speed control in revision 7 will work nicely, but its output will be fix at charge voltage, instead of being adjustable.

Scroll down and take a look at one of Gary's patents, and pay particular attention to the date that patent was issued. We have an 140 year deficit of development/refinement. We are well behind the curve and I seek to change that. http://www.rexresear.../gary/gary1.htm

Will revision 8 be flawless? I doubt it.

Edited by Vanka Savolov, 11 October 2017 - 04:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Pravda.Ru