#1 Tatarewicz

Tatarewicz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:28 AM

Swiss researcher challenges existence of dark matter, dark energy

GENEVA, Nov. 25 (Xinhua) -- A Swiss researcher has challenged the existence of dark matter and dark energy at all, which runs counter to a century of scientific consensus, according to a press release by University of Geneva (UNIGE) on Saturday.

For close on a century, researchers have hypothesized that the universe contains more matter than can be directly observed, known as "dark matter." They have also posited the existence of a "dark energy" that is more powerful than gravitational attraction discovered by Newton.

The two hypotheses have long been used to account for the movement of stars in galaxies and for the accelerating expansion of the universe respectively.

In his study recently published in The Astrophysical Journal, Andre Maeder, a professor at UNIGE Department of Astronomy, challenges that these concepts may be no longer valid -- the phenomena they are supposed to describe can be demonstrated without them.

Professor Maeder argues that by doing away with the ideas of dark matter and dark energy, or at least the need for them to exist, the concept could contribute to "potentially solving two of astronomy's greatest mysteries."

He goes back to basics to posit a "starting hypothesis that has not been taken into account." By this, he means the scale invariance of empty space. "In other words, the empty space and its properties do not change following a dilation or a contraction," he says.

After several rounds of cosmological testing of a model based on constant empty space, Professor Maeder found that it held true in the context of both Einsteinian relativist theories and Newton's laws of acceleration.

The model predicted the accelerated expansion of the universe without having to factor in any unseen particle or dark energy. Other tests based on the speeds reached by stars in the outer reaches of galactic clusters, and stars oscillating around the plane of the Milky Way, also pointed to explanations that relied not on dark matter but on the invariant empty space hypothesis.

Maeder's discovery paves the way for a new conception of astronomy, one that will raise questions and controversy alike, according to UNIGE, but it "remains true to the spirit of science: nothing can ever be taken for granted, not in terms of experience, observation or the reasoning of human beings," he says.

http://news.xinhuane...c_136779384.htm

#2 Tatarewicz

Tatarewicz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:35 AM

Must be something there even if its light and other radiation. Can't be just empty space.

#3 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1128 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

Tatarewicz,

Nice missive.

"Must be something there even if its light and other radiation. Can't be just empty space."

I have my own views concerning dark energy/matter. I'll present this theory in a way where electrons have been personified and where some analogies will work for the rest.

Dark Energy: this would be better stated as 'invisible' energy, inasmuch as it cannot readily be seen. However though, with the proper instrumentation, such can be detected, measured and put to work.

Let us imagine that electrons are people residing in mega-cities, everywhere. When at home, these electrons are at rest or are doing as little as possible. When summoned to perform a task, they will come out of their slumber and do whatever is asked of them. Their activities are more like 'play' rather than work--while they go about assisting whomever may have summoned them. As far as the eye can see, there is one mega-city after another, sparsely-populated with electrons that can be expressed like this: infinitely cubed (I3) and I3 in the reality of my theory is simply: energy at rest.

Dark Matter: invisible matter; (in my theory) is highly 'compressed' energy (HCE), which still lives in mega-cities--but these cities are densely-populated in that there's very little, if any room to move around, and invisible matter is just as restive, and yet it still can be expressed as its freer electron cousins are expresses: I3. Being the denser of the two, HCE can do heavier work than its cousins can.

Analogy: dark energy is comparable to air, and where dark matter is comparable to water. The former will allow one to walk through it without much resistance, and where the later will offer much resistance. 

To use the other terms presented here: invisible energy and invisible matter.

Invisible energy, when traveled through, will pass right through the person and/or thing traveling through it--like compressed air passing through still air.

Invisible matter, when a person and/or thing is traveling through it, said person/thing will displace this matter--just like a cargo-ship displaces the water it is floating on/in.

To summon any energy to do some work, there must be a 'load' for it to carry. All it takes is a little 'tickle' to coax it in to performing whatever the task desired. Energy is lazy because there is too much of it to put to work, all at once. However, to over-work just some electrons and not give the others electrons a chance to play, caused 'angry' electrons which will, as anyone would, get heated and exhausted, looking for a break--an escape from the slavery of its burden of those who summoned it to WORK instead of summoning it to 'play at its work'.

Electrons love to play and they love 'joyrides' and above all, they love to be free... just like you and me.

Edited by Christo Alado too, 27 November 2017 - 06:04 PM.

#4 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1128 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

Some symbolism to 'play' with in the form of math formulas:

Let us consider what sparse and dense means in relation to electrons and the sparse or dense population of their respective mega-cities.

To use the standard understanding of atoms, molecules and etc., in the personification of energy, when a proton (husband) which when married to a neutron (wife), and who chose adopted one or many electrons to reside with them, then a 'family-unit' of energy is formed, and many of these family units form a mega-city of invisible matter.  

Invisible energy mega-cities are populated by electrons who reside outside of the family unit of energy, for they are independent, and absolutely free as in: not bound at all.

Imrepresents a mega-city of invisible matter or family-units of energy.

Ierepresents a mega-city of invisible energy or single-units of energy.

Should one or many electrons of Ie3 wish to become a part of any family, they may, as long as no burdens upon said family occur.  Ie + Im = Im3 + 1

Should Im3 become burdened then: Im - Ie = Im3 - 1

I3 represents all forms of energy at rest and where I2 represents all energy doing some form of work/play at any given moment. One can add the cubed to the squared or subtract the squared from the cubed... and we know that multiplications and division are just more complex forms of additions and subtractions.

What is it that one can formulate from these equations? Infinitely cubed 'whatever' is the answer, as in, whatever is the desire, is the limit of such formulations... because what need have we of any excess? Especially when such excesses have their own identity, will and indeed a life of their own. It's all there to use when needed... just free it when you are done.

Edited by Christo Alado too, 27 November 2017 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Pravda.Ru