14 replies to this topic

#1 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

This part of Arizona is as 'rural' as it gets. There are no mail boxes sitting curbside and so we must visit a P.O box to get our mail.

If you zoom-out of the section found in the following link, you'll get a good picture of just how rural we are.

If you feel like you need/want to send me a personal note, handwritten or whatever, here's my P.O. box number:

PO BOX 1674

Littlefield, AZ 86432-1674

Only the craftiest and/or attentive will know my true name... which Christo Alado is a derivative of,--with one small exception. If you can't figure out what my true name is, Christo Alado will work just fine.

my new location

#2 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:29 PM

Things not hidden ever, not in the lighted realms, and so... if you so choose, there is a clue or two offered in this thread, by which this message board contains the information regards my true name... if you seek you shall find... or not. It's up to you.

#3 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11326 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

Many years ago I hiked in the desert near there. Early July, 122+ degrees F. Had to carry my ex-wife back to the shelter. She passed out.

Regards.

#4 wirehaired

wirehaired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14164 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:49 PM

Many years ago I hiked in the desert near there. Early July, 122+ degrees F. Had to carry my ex-wife back to the shelter. She passed out.

Regards.

That sounds very dangerous hiking in that heat,many years ago while on holiday in Mallorca I had a dose of Sun stroke,it was in the afternoon walking in the Capital Palma,all the Spanish had more sense they were all indoors sleeping,they do say mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday Sun LOL!!

#5 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

Mad dogs & Englishman LOL! It's a good thing then that I'm part Cherokee... not quite Spanish but the activity, or rather the lack thereof is all the same.

122+ degrees F sounds about right... in the shade.

Edited by Vanka Savolov, 23 May 2018 - 08:28 PM.

#6 wirehaired

wirehaired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14164 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:02 PM

Part Cherokee that's interesting,yes its an old saying Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun,you can spot Englishmen on holiday in a hot climate,they look like lobsters.

#7 Traveler

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2169 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

At 12 noon the natives swoon and no further work is done but mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid day sun.

Edited by Traveler, 23 May 2018 - 09:20 PM.

#8 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

That was too funny... and the lobster comment by wirehaired... garlic/butter sauce, upon request... for the lobster and not the Englishman, I suppose if an Englishman wants, he can have some too.

#9 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

I've tried to do a search, using the search box at this message board, to see if the information I'm referring to is still here... but I keep getting the following message, as shown in this link...

http://engforum.prav...h&fromMainBar=1

I was going to add an "if you have clicked on this link, then you have cheated" post to this thread... I'm way too lazy to do a snail-search to see if said info. is still here. (I know which search terms to use to get there quickly.)

Another hint: it involves numbers.

Perhaps it's just a peak in daily bandwidth that's causing the problem? I tried several times, about an hour apart... but I get the same message.

#10 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:47 PM

Wirehaired,

My grandfather on my mom's side was half Cherokee, which would make me one eighth same.

There's an untold story behind all of that, because my grandmother was 'all whitey' (circa 1920ish) and was more or less rejected by her family. But once they became acclimated to my grandfather's true character and not their, brained-washed view of same... they all lightened up and accepted the marriage. During my days, he was held in high regard and never had a birthday party comprised of less than 50 people.

Their marriage would have passed the diamond mark if my grandmother wouldn't have died.

Edited by Vanka Savolov, 23 May 2018 - 11:50 PM.

#11 wirehaired

wirehaired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14164 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:41 PM

Wirehaired,

My grandfather on my mom's side was half Cherokee, which would make me one eighth same.

There's an untold story behind all of that, because my grandmother was 'all whitey' (circa 1920ish) and was more or less rejected by her family. But once they became acclimated to my grandfather's true character and not their, brained-washed view of same... they all lightened up and accepted the marriage. During my days, he was held in high regard and never had a birthday party comprised of less than 50 people.

Their marriage would have passed the diamond mark if my grandmother wouldn't have died.

Thanks for the info about your family,i have had a passing interest in the Native Americans for some years,they fought battles and won many but in the end they could never prevail over the settlers and the industrial power of the US,they were very proud people I think.

#12 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20119 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:01 PM

This is a good song

#13 wirehaired

wirehaired

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14164 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

great video and sound track.

#14 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:38 PM

That's what my genetics is telling me... we will return.

#15 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:57 PM

That's what my genetics is telling me... we will return.

Yes, we shall return...

we shall return.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Pravda.Ru