Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29691 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:47 PM

Nikki Haley, fierce defender of Israel, resigns as US ambassador to the UN

October 9, 2018
PM-Netanyahu-and-US-Amb.-to-the-UN-Nikki

ראש הממשלה בנימין נתניהו נפגש עם שגרירת ארה"ב באו"ם ניקי היילי צילום: חיים צח / לע"מ Photos By : Haim Zach / GPO

________
JTA

Nikki Haley, fierce defender of Israel, resigns as US ambassador to the UN

Nikki Haley, the U.S. envoy to the United Nations and a strong defender of Israel in the world body, has resigned, according to reports.

Axios and The New York Times reported Tuesday morning that the former South Carolina governor had stepped down from her position.

Haley. a moderate on President Donald Trump’s foreign policy team, had a warm relationship with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who frequently praised her for criticizing what she saw as bias against the Jewish state at the U.N.

The most consequential actions she took had to do with Israel: She pulled out of UNESCO, the United Nations cultural affiliate, and pushed for the defunding of UNRWA, the agency that administers assistance to Palestinian refugees and their descendants. She threw a party for countries that did not vote to condemn the United States for recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

Haley was a star in the center-right pro-Israel community, consistently earning the loudest plaudits at the annual American Israel Public Affairs Committee policy conference.

“Her departure was unanticipated and took the pro-Israel community by surprise,” Matt Brooks, the Republican Jewish Coalition CEO, said on Twitter. “Stunned and shocked by the surprise resignation of @nikkihaley as UN Amb. She was a consequential and impactful force at the UN.”

Haley downplayed reports of tensions between her and Trump. Born to immigrants from India, she comes from the wing of the Republican Party that favors a robust interventionist foreign policy, while Trump is an isolationist.

Haley condemned another senior aide who favored foreign policy interventionism and expressed opposition to Trump in an anonymous op-ed in The New York Times last month.

“If I disagree with something and believe it is important enough to raise with the president, I do it,” Haley wrote in her own op-ed in The Washington Post. “And he listens. Sometimes he changes course, sometimes he doesn’t. That’s the way the system should work.”

The Washington scuttlebutt at the time was that Haley published the op-ed to squash rumors that she had written the original anonymous op-ed in The Times. It may have backfired; there were reports that Trump resented even the notion that his top staff disagreed with him.

Haley backed Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, another fiercely pro-Israel interventionist, during the 2016 presidential primaries. She has denied ambitions of mounting a 2020 primary challenge against Trump. If she did, Haley could tap into a Republican Jewish donor class that fetes her pro-Israel credentials and has never been wholly comfortable with Trump.

https://www.veterans...ador-to-the-un/

Edited by Mario Milano, 09 October 2018 - 03:49 PM.

#2 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20206 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:11 PM

Trump accepts Nikki Haley's surprise resignation as UN ambassador

Published time: 9 Oct, 2018 14:09  

Edited time: 9 Oct, 2018 15:22

5bbcc208fc7e93af118b457a.JPG
Nikki Haley meets with President Trump in the Oval Office to announce her resignation © Jonathan Ernst / Reuters
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
President Trump has accepted Nikki Haley’s resignation as UN ambassador. Haley had wanted some time off and discussed her resignation with Trump last week at the White House.

In announcing her resignation, Trump said on Tuesday that Haley first broached the subject six months ago, when she told the president that she wanted to take some time off at the end of the year. Trump said that he hopes Haley will one day return to his administration, and told her “you can have your pick” of positions within it.

Haley will depart at the end of the year, and Trump said that he “will be in constant touch” with her afterwards.

Before John Bolton's hiring, Nikki Haley was probably the most pro-war, pro-imperialist high-ranking Trump official, and therefore the most beloved Trump official by the war-loving US media. She held every conventional foreign policy view that has generated so much destruction.

— Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) October 9, 2018

"I think that it's just very important for government officials to understand when it's time to step aside," Haley said on Tuesday. "The truth is I want to make sure that this administration has the strongest person to fight."

Nikki Haley's stated reason for departing: "I think that it's just very important for government officials to understand when it's time to step aside...The truth is I want to make sure that this administration has the strongest person to fight." pic.twitter.com/9z55ofF4H7

— Axios (@axios) October 9, 2018

Haley had held her post since Trump’s inauguration in January 2017. Since then, she echoed Trump’s tough line towards the United Nations, and oversaw the US’ withdrawal from the UN Human Rights Council, which she called the UN’s “greatest failure.”

After the publication of an anonymous op-ed in the New York Times in September, which described a concerted effort by officials to thwart the president’s plans, Haley denied involvement, and said that she openly disagrees with Trump when necessary.

"I don’t agree with the president on everything. When there is disagreement, there is a right way and a wrong way to address it. I pick up the phone and call him or meet with him in person," she said. She later called rumors that officials were planning on trying to remove Trump from office for unfitness via the 25th Amendment “absurd.”

Prior to joining the Trump administration, Haley was South Carolina’s first female governor, elected in 2010, and again in 2014.

It’s been two seconds since she resigned and she’s already wiped her Twitter bio clean pic.twitter.com/58SoBmeeCV

— Dalia Hatuqa (@DaliaHatuqa) October 9, 2018

Trump did not hint at a successor to Haley’s position, but said he has several “very good people” in mind.

•  
  •  
  •  

#3 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20206 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:12 PM

Good riddance to the ugly, disgusting garbage.

I just hope Trump does not go fishing in another garbage sewer for another UN Ambassador.

#4 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11339 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:32 PM

We all worked hard on that one.

Good job!

Who's next?

John Bolton?

I already told some "friends" I'd be happy to go to the White House with John and nuke the whole planet

It's fair and solves everything

Regards

#5 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11339 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:34 PM

As for Haley, her feet smell, too.

#6 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20206 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:38 PM

I hope the real reason she left is she felt the hate and disgust everyone had for her.

#7 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11339 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:03 PM

I will conjecture only because I don't know the details

I feel she stabbed the President in the back

Haley always has been class 1, 2 face

We all put out warnings

The President no doubt knew some time ago

Regards

#8 Traveler

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2277 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:33 AM

I'll take a guess and say the next one will be even more of a hard ass.

#9 Mario Milano

Mario Milano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29691 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:01 AM

I'll take a guess and say the next one will be even more of a hard ass.

Yep that is what I am thinking

#10 Mario Milano

Mario Milano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29691 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:11 AM

Trump says daughter Ivanka would be 'dynamite' choice for UN ambassador to replace Nikki Haley

http://12160.info/pa...e-for-un-ambass

#11 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20206 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:37 AM

Comes to my attention that due to the possibility of criminal charges and wrongdoing, ikki had to resign. She was caught out on various misdeeds.

#12 Mario Milano

Mario Milano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29691 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:46 PM

Russia's RT tries to wake up brain dead yanks to the Jewish problem......While their American Jew fake stream media tries to keep yanks dumbed down to the max

_____

Wasn't she supposed to serve US? Twitter unamused as IDF 'salutes' Haley for her support for Israel

Published time: 10 Oct, 2018 10:44 Edited time: 10 Oct, 2018 10:45
5bbdb33adda4c8312b8b45f1.JPG
 US Ambassador to the United Nations NIkki Haley waves as she arrives to speak to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) policy conference in Washington, March 27, 2017 © Reuters / Joshua Roberts

Edited by Mario Milano, 10 October 2018 - 01:47 PM.

#13 Ivan88

Ivan88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13854 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:53 PM

Perhaps next puppet head for sinogog of satan will be Bolton, as Shaktiman suggests.

Or

I am imagining that President Trump is waking up from His Talmudic dreams and is really going to do something good.... sort of like what We thought He promised to do.

And, that takes Faith, because, so far,  He insists on following orders from President Netanyahu.

Edited by Ivan88, 10 October 2018 - 04:55 PM.

#14 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11339 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:28 PM

As I said, I don't know the details on this one but it seems that Nikki is always up to knife in the back and step on anyone in her way, including BOTH Presidents Putin and Trump.

She loves Nyetanyahu though,  thinking he can catapult her into the oval office.

But the photo above puzzles me.

I know different men like different women (unless they're fagolas) - different strokes for different folks but bow legged toohpicks?

5bbdb33adda4c8312b8b45f1.JPG

Yikes!

Neither a President nor hockey goalie glow

With legs like toothpicks that akimbo bow.

#15 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20206 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:56 PM

Her stupid stick legs were spread so wide, they broke and can never be straightened properly.

#16 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11339 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

That seems both the scuttlebutt and her demeanor

Regards

#17 Ivan88

Ivan88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13854 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:40 PM

If she gets rid of those high heeled excuses for shoes, she'll look better, at least in foot & leg department.

Probably if she were subject to a Man, she would gain weight, change her facial expressions and be beautiful for her Man.

Edited by Ivan88, 10 October 2018 - 08:41 PM.

#18 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11339 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:49 PM

Look at President Trump's body language leaning away as if saying "get me out of here!"

President Putin is probably hiding and saying, that's your ambassador, keep her away from us. "

Regards

#19 LebenUndLieben

LebenUndLieben

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:42 AM

What does the heart shape being made by President Trump mean?  Is he in love with Haley?

#20 Nemesis

Nemesis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 20206 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:45 PM

43487567_10205259390679878_3914592730134

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Pravda.Ru