• 1190 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:24 PM

Justice is:
Eye for eye,
tooth for tooth,
bruise for bruise,
life for life.

The perfect law of liberty.

Someone once said: if we held to the edicts of "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" we'd all be blind and unable to eat.

I'm speaking to a system that is unjust, one that is unwilling to look at the potential of other factors that can affect another's behavior. If someone is otherwise normally peaceful, and then one day they lash out at you, their sudden "out-of-character" actions fall outside of their normal behavior. Something is wrong, they are troubled and they are not acting normally. Troubles almost always pass and the individual will return to their normal/peaceful self. What if they were suffering from a brain tumor? Or what if they had unknowingly consumed some type of mind-altering substance that drastically changed their demeanor?

We now live in a world where our food/water is tainted, the schools teach mostly worthless knowledge, that just perpetuates a sick and dying world to its demise. It seems that humanity is too busy tearing each other, and everything else down, and not building each other up. There's a find a flaw, fixate on the flaw and destroy everything else that is good, because a flaw was discovered. Why not try, saving all this good and work toward correcting the flaw(s)? The former is entropy and the later is negentropy.

If a window is dirty, do you smash it to pieces or clean it?

#22 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 05:41 PM

Ivan, you are welcome... and did you notice that the video of Susan Lindauer's testimony has been removed? (censorship by YouTube/google?) I'm just glad that you had the opportunity to view it. 

That's some interesting commentary you've posted here... and for some reason, "The Battle for Bunker Hill" came to mind... which isn't the same battle you speak of.

I agree, Truth, Mercy & Faith are Weightier Matters of the Law. Well said.

I have too many other interests, and so much of history isn't a thing studied by me to any great degree. 

I have a question that maybe you can answer: Is that the same Gideon who presented The Gideon's Bible?

#23 Ivan88

Ivan88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13729 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

Is that the same Gideon who presented The Gideon's Bible?

That would be hard to do. 

The Gideon I spoke of lived 3 - 5 thousand years ago.

The Book of Judges has Gideons story.

When it comes to history - his story, we always have to be careful, because his story is often a cover story.

Edited by Ivan88, 17 November 2018 - 07:33 PM.

#24 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:08 AM

That would be hard to do. 

The Gideon I spoke of lived 3 - 5 thousand years ago.

The Book of Judges has Gideons story.

When it comes to history - his story, we always have to be careful, because his story is often a cover story.

Yeah, that's a good thing to keep in mind.

I have a request, Ivan:

I'm known for either quoting things out of context or paraphrasing it. I've met only two people in my life who are able to put into perspective Bible quotes as they relate to today's events, in a manner that I know reflects the true nature of God. You are one and a man named Derek Broes is the other. Anyway, regards my request...

I have trouble recalling exact books, chapters and verses of Bible scriptures, and so, if you will take the following bits of verses and attach the proper book/chapter/verse--in their intended context and post them here, or another thread for the contemplation of others, I would greatly appreciate it. All I have to give in return is a big THANK YOU!

Turn the other cheek: this was in direct response having been struck by another. 

Judge ye not lest ye be judged: You're aware of that one, I'm sure.

Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord: I don't recall if that was said in the old or new testament.

Ye who is without sin cast the first stone: Jesus speaking regards Mary M's transgressions.

Forgiving the trespasses of others: This one was of a series of repeated questions as to how many times one should forgive another's trespasses, and the answer in the end was: always.

Treat others as you wish to be treated: or do unto other as you would have them do unto you.

Love thy neighbor as you love yourself/God: was a response to a direct question regarding Christian behavior. (as I recall)

Too many (so-called) Christians manage to completely avoid these scriptures and opt for anything to the contrary, hence that 'hypocrite' term I so often use to describe them.

I mean, if the above verses is what Jesus actually said, then why is it so often ignored by so (too) many Christians? 

Again, THANKS!

#25 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:20 PM

I forgot that there's a website that allows for searches of verses, by 'keywords'. This is something I can do for myself, because it means that much to me to put the true nature of God into its proper perspective. Even though I have 'knocked' the Bible in the past, I had also made it clear that: there is much wisdom to be found. And on a side note: My awareness of God, absent any religious teachings, was/is rock-solid. The understanding I was to grow into was somewhat negated by religions in general. That's my personal experience of it... but nevertheless, the steadfastness of other's has caused me to rethink my rigid stance, by their ability to shine through Bible scriptures, the true nature of God.

This will take some time to sort through and present, and I have chosen to present such via hyperlinks with which anyone can read for themselves, fully in context and word for word, what was said. And as a bonus feature, one may also cross reference, these verses with other books/chapters/verses and also with other versions of the Bible, e.g. NIV, etc.. 

But I will still hold to this: somethings were lost in translation and other aspects were deliberately perverted, for whatever reason. My guess is that such was done to gain control of humanity, in every way possible.

"turn the other cheek"

Did not God say: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me!”

And to my mind, as such was given to me, it simply makes no sense to place something/anything, even lesser than 'other gods' before God, which includes our troubles... because God already understands such. And Jesus reaffirmed what God had commanded when He said: "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God..."

Don't be surprised if I need to edit this post... just sayin'

Edited by Vanka Savolov, Yesterday, 07:31 PM.

#26 Vanka Savolov

Vanka Savolov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:22 PM

As I contemplate all of that, this came to me, concerning "made in the image of God": it's not so much of a 'physical' image as it is a 'conscience/conscious' image. 

God may appear to us in any form/image, but there's a chosen form, of God's own liking, that has been record throughout the ages, and many of these appearances predate the Bible.

Will humanity recognize God when He appears? Many won't, and what needs to fully understood is that however God may appear to us in physical form, it's the conscience/conscious image, which literally 'radiates' that needs to be fully recognized. No one will ever catch, even a hint of judgement nor animosity, because LOVE is what God is all about. The best of wishes and blessing from God is that we, collectively, follow that very premise that LOVE implies.

This verse took more time to find, while solely using keywords, than I would have otherwise thought it would. There are some 80+ references to "love", which is what I'm trying to point out here as God's true nature. 

"Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

God is LOVE and love is the key to solving our collective problems. God had already shown the 'way' and Jesus reiterated that way, which isn't a religion, but rather a 'way of life'.

Edited by Vanka Savolov, Yesterday, 08:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Pravda.Ru