25 replies to this topic

#1 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 04:18 AM

I really think we deserve a decent moon hoax thread. I hope I have time to nurture this one into maturity.

#2 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:14 PM

Ralph Rene

#3 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:06 AM

Was it only a paper moon ?

#4 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:57 PM

Another Documentary

#5 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:39 AM

Apollo Guidance Computer

The Apollo Guidance Computer was the first digital autopilot. It had about 1k of RAM. It had no compiler. All programs had to be entered in low level assembly language. It could not handle floating point calculations. And yet we are meant to believe that this primitive computer flew the spindly un symmetric Lunar Module from lunar orbit onto the uneven cratered surface of the moon.

The attitude and altitude of the LM were controlled by the descent engine and 16 RCS (Reaction Control Segments) which were miniature rocket engines that enabled rotation of the craft around each of it's three axes. Remember we are descending in a vacuum and there is no damping or lift from the atmosphere. Position was determined by the radio altimeter and in relation to the gyros. Fuel load was of course rapidly diminishing and thus the mass of the craft and it's moments of inertia around each axis. The primitive computer was to keep track of all these rapidly changing variables and control position and attitude and velocity by throttling the descent engine and firing  the 16 RC segments. In the absence of damping each RSC firing would have to be countered almost immediately by an opposing segment firing or the craft would spin out of control.

Edited by Marmoset, 27 April 2019 - 09:42 AM.

#6 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:51 AM

Porous Plate Sublimator

Air conditioning was of course not possible in the vacuum on the lunar surface. Allegedly control of temperature was done using a porous plate sublimator which operated at the triple point sublimating ice into water vapour. Has this undoubtedly delicate system been tested under the extreme conditions on the lunar surface ? What sort of redundancy was there ? Was the porous plate sublimator on the ascent or the descent stage ?

#7 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

Suits

#8 Radio1

Radio1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5506 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:58 PM

"decent moon hoax thread"

Now THERE is an oxymoron if ever I have seen one.

You jibbering retards will never be correct about the Apollo missions, no matter how much garbage you find to post and drool over on a forum claiming that they were somehow hoaxed. Get over it already! America sent men to the moon, and did it multiple times, before deciding that all that money could be better spent on other projects.

#9 Radio1

Radio1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5506 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:00 PM

Apollo Guidance Computer

The Apollo Guidance Computer was the first digital autopilot. It had about 1k of RAM. It had no compiler. All programs had to be entered in low level assembly language. It could not handle floating point calculations. And yet we are meant to believe that this primitive computer flew the spindly un symmetric Lunar Module from lunar orbit onto the uneven cratered surface of the moon.

The attitude and altitude of the LM were controlled by the descent engine and 16 RCS (Reaction Control Segments) which were miniature rocket engines that enabled rotation of the craft around each of it's three axes. Remember we are descending in a vacuum and there is no damping or lift from the atmosphere. Position was determined by the radio altimeter and in relation to the gyros. Fuel load was of course rapidly diminishing and thus the mass of the craft and it's moments of inertia around each axis. The primitive computer was to keep track of all these rapidly changing variables and control position and attitude and velocity by throttling the descent engine and firing  the 16 RC segments. In the absence of damping each RSC firing would have to be countered almost immediately by an opposing segment firing or the craft would spin out of control.

No. Exceedingly smart and well-trained human beings did that. The computer had very simple tasks, in line with its "primitive" capabilities.

#10 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:17 PM

No. Exceedingly smart and well-trained human beings did that. The computer had very simple tasks, in line with its "primitive" capabilities.

Crashed

At least three training vehicles that attempted to mimic the lunar module in the final phases of it's descent crashed. One of them was flown by Neil Armstrong who managed to bail out. These craft were tethered to the ground and only went up to about 500 feet. It would be impossible to manually control the LM, maintaining altitude, altitude and required trajectory from lunar orbit down to the cratered surface of the moon. Have you ever flown a plane using instruments alone ? My instructor described a first instrument cross country flight as a "shock to the system".  It isn't easy. Bringing the LM down manually was impossible.

Edited by Marmoset, 29 April 2019 - 11:18 PM.

#11 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 11:21 PM

"decent moon hoax thread"

Now THERE is an oxymoron if ever I have seen one.

You jibbering retards will never be correct about the Apollo missions, no matter how much garbage you find to post and drool over on a forum claiming that they were somehow hoaxed. Get over it already! America sent men to the moon, and did it multiple times, before deciding that all that money could be better spent on other projects.

Belief

Anyone who believes that Arsestrong and Fuzz walked in the 200 deg F heat of the Lunar day is either ignorant, stupid, corrupt or all three.

#12 Radio1

Radio1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5506 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:12 AM

Crashed

At least three training vehicles that attempted to mimic the lunar module in the final phases of it's descent crashed. One of them was flown by Neil Armstrong who managed to bail out. These craft were tethered to the ground and only went up to about 500 feet. It would be impossible to manually control the LM, maintaining altitude, altitude and required trajectory from lunar orbit down to the cratered surface of the moon. Have you ever flown a plane using instruments alone ? My instructor described a first instrument cross country flight as a "shock to the system".  It isn't easy. Bringing the LM down manually was impossible.

There is a big difference between piloting such a craft in earth gravity and in earth's atmosphere, and piloting it in lunar gravity with the nearly non-existent lunar atmosphere.

#13 Radio1

Radio1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5506 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:14 AM

Belief

Anyone who believes that Arsestrong and Fuzz walked in the 200 deg F heat of the Lunar day is either ignorant, stupid, corrupt or all three.

You are definitely two of the three. I can't imagine a way that "corrupt" would apply to you, so I'll assume it doesn't.

Now, as for heat, it does not transfer that efficiently without a conducting medium to help it, i.e. no atmosphere and no liquid water. There would never have been enough contact between hot regolith and the space suits for heat damage to be an issue.

#14 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

There is a big difference between piloting such a craft in earth gravity and in earth's atmosphere, and piloting it in lunar gravity with the nearly non-existent lunar atmosphere.

More Difficult

Flying an aircraft with wings, vertical and horizontal stabilisers  in atmosphere is far less dangerous. The atmosphere provides damping of oscillatory movement and provides lift. You can glide considerable distances in a plane. All student pilots have to demonstrate an ability to fly with the engine at idle to an approach to a possible landing site. Flying an unsymmetrical spidery craft in a vacuum is hazardous in the extreme. Testing such a craft a quarter of a million miles away with two men on board with hundreds of millions of people watching or listening is insane. They would have had to send un unmanned craft first to prove it could be done.

#15 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:08 PM

You are definitely two of the three. I can't imagine a way that "corrupt" would apply to you, so I'll assume it doesn't.

Now, as for heat, it does not transfer that efficiently without a conducting medium to help it, i.e. no atmosphere and no liquid water. There would never have been enough contact between hot regolith and the space suits for heat damage to be an issue.

Radiation

If you had a degree in engineering like me you would know that heat is conducted by conduction, convection and radiation. Direct solar radiation would heat the LM and suited astronauts to temperatures that cannot be survived. That is why they needed the porous plate sublimators on both the LM and the suits. A car parked in the sun attains inside temperatures that can kill a child. Far worse in the aluminium/titanium LM on the lunar surface. We can live on Earth because we have both the atmosphere and the magnetosphere to protect us.

#16 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:50 PM

Boot

#17 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:00 AM

Psyops

It is amazing that the NWO was ruinning 3 psyops at almost the same time - Chappaquiddick, Polanski and the Moon Hoax. At least the moon hoax was relatively benign.

#18 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:32 AM

Petrified Wood

www.nbcnews.com/id/32581790/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/moon-rock-museum-just-petrified-wood/#.XNuwvnduKUk

#19 Marmoset

Marmoset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1519 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:33 AM

"Moon Rock"

97a493bc-80a7-4af8-bd49-d6f1c24f68b3.gri

#20 Radio1

Radio1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5506 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:41 PM

Radiation

If you had a degree in engineering like me you would know that heat is conducted by conduction, convection and radiation. Direct solar radiation would heat the LM and suited astronauts to temperatures that cannot be survived. That is why they needed the porous plate sublimators on both the LM and the suits. A car parked in the sun attains inside temperatures that can kill a child. Far worse in the aluminium/titanium LM on the lunar surface. We can live on Earth because we have both the atmosphere and the magnetosphere to protect us.

A degree in engineering clearly does not qualify you to understand the dynamics of heat exchange in the cases of the Apollo missions, then. The space suits were white, therefore very reflective. The lunar lander was very reflective. Given that and the layers with which it was built, the interior would not have grown too hot too quickly. Not over the time the astronauts were on the surface, which was quite short. The suits were exposed even less than the lander, given that they only went out on limited excursions.

Anyway, I'm back today to share this photo:

_105148009_6780102.jpg

And to ask: WHERE ARE THE STARS??? ;)

Edited by Radio1, 15 May 2019 - 07:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 Pravda.Ru