#1 Zharkov

Zharkov

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35714 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:26 PM

BMW Automobiles - An Electronic Nightmare

Count 1 of the Indictment:

BMW engineers decided that BMW car owners are too stupid to use an oil dipstick to measure the oil of a BMW, so they removed it, replacing it with an electronic sensor.   Bad idea for you, good idea for them, when you ruin your engine from a faulty sensor failing to register a lack of motor oil.

Electronic sensors don't tell you if the oil is dirty or oxidized, if there is water in the oil (indicating a blown head gasket), if the oil smells like gasoline or diesel, among other things you can see on a dipstick.   And  guess what?   Topping up the oil is warned against unless the sensor tells you to do that.   

Worse still, BMW forbids you from changing your own oil, with the Owner's Manual instructing you to always have their dealer service center do that simple job.

And if the battery is disconnected, you need to visit the dealer service center once again, to "reset" your moon roof, among other things!    Your BMW car is actually a financial parasite!

Count 2:

Every BMW is overloaded with electronics and car electronics are notoriously unreliable and tend to stop working at the worst moments.   Electronic sensors for tire pressure, voice commands, GPS, etc., are money waiting to be spent at the car dealer's service center.

Like little time bombs, they explode your bank account at the scheduled moment.   There are too many sensors, suggesting BMW owner I.Q.'s have drastically dropped to moron level.   BMW sensors they forgot to use are for scheduled urination, headache, and scheduled bankruptcy from car repair.   

That's why used BMW automobiles are so cheap - they will need a large infusion of money to keep them running when that little "service engine soon" light reminds you to fill your wallet with cash to buy your next few months of travel.   The only thing cheap about the BMW is the attitude of the company towards its customers.

Count 3:

Simpler Is Always Better!

Can you believe that BMW actually installed "a feature" that makes the car engine die when one stops for a stop light or for traffic?    Torturing the BMW owner with frustration and fear is part of "the experience" of BMW.

Making a simple, reliable automobile that almost anyone could repair is not happening at BMW and it makes one wonder what were they thinking when they decided to build an electronic Frankenstein?

Copper wires tend to become brittle in cold climates, so flexing them repeatedly by opening and closing doors, trunks, and hatches, will break them eventually, leaving the car without electronic communication for sensors.   The closer to the Arctic one lives, the sooner it happens.   When it does, some cars do weird things.

Some Ford cars, for example, lock the gear shift in "Park" when the rear tail light stops working.   Ford uses a secret release mechanism that even some mechanics overlook, but a cover button removed reveals a hole to poke a pen into to release the shifter.   

Do BMW owners feel so lucky when their engine unexpectedly dies at every traffic stop?    In panic, they have to dig out the owner's manual to look for how to disable this "feature".

In the list of cars that suck, I would put BMW near the top, if not #1, for the lack of any oil dipstick alone!

Opinion:
The BMW automobile is more than a car, it is an expensive conspiracy to turn a rich car company into a much richer car company.    Or perhaps it is Hitler's revenge for Germans losing the war?       

Edited by Zharkov, 19 April 2019 - 02:29 PM.

#2 Mario Milano

Mario Milano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33183 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:53 PM

With modern cars now days you cant even get into an engine, they are covered up...The main reason why no one should buy a BMW or Mercedes or now a VW is because they are controlled by the Star computer system which Mossad and CIA have control over.,,

#3 Atossa

Atossa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43879 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:58 PM

Once upon a time when machines were more simple, one White man with a toolbox could repair almost any problem.

The more complicated and computerized the machine the more that can and will go wrong... and the more difficult and more expensive it is to repair it.

IF it can be repaired!

Most of the time, you are advised to just replace the whole thing.

How is that environmentally friendly ??

Edited by Atossa, 19 April 2019 - 06:00 PM.

#4 Atossa

Atossa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43879 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:09 PM

Here is an example.

A few years ago, there was a lightning storm.

My newish high-tech computerized washing machine was fried...
but my 20 year old low-tech dryer next to it was unharmed.

The "repairman" told me I must replace the entire washer.

Edited by Atossa, 19 April 2019 - 06:10 PM.

#5 redline

redline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1124 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:16 PM

Once upon a time when machines were more simple, one White man with a toolbox could repair almost any problem.

The more complicated and computerized the machine the more that can and will go wrong... and the more difficult and more expensive it is to repair it.

IF it can be repaired!

Most of the time, you are advised to just replace the whole thing.

How is that environmentally friendly ??

its not. now you get to dump out your oil , ,,filter like the old days and trillions of little sensors and CPU's etc...

The cost of vehicle "maintenance" these days can mean the difference between fixing your "smart car" to be able to go to work or paying your rent etc.
Better fix your car, you "could" live in it "if" it doesnt break down at -40. Then you can walk/ bus it to a shelter "if" they have room for you.

It's not just BMW. Blow a O2 sensor or throttle body (sensor) or motherboard and pray to hell you have a good mechanic that will do it for under 135/hr.

Edited by redline, 19 April 2019 - 06:18 PM.

#6 Atossa

Atossa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43879 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:32 PM

On a similar theme...

FOX business news has recently been talking about a couple more internet companies going public... Zoom and Pinterest. These kinds of high-tech/internet companies that mainly offer VIRTUAL products have also been replacing older established companies with REAL tangible products on the DOW.

It makes me think of Holland and tulips.

https://www.focus-ec...h-market-bubble

Edited by Atossa, 19 April 2019 - 06:43 PM.

#7 Atossa

Atossa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43879 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:03 PM

The irony is...

The heirs of this current jew/nwo high-tech virtual legacy are third world mongrel hordes.

THAT alone should make you sell your tulips while you're ahead.

#8 Atossa

Atossa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43879 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:17 PM

Speaking of the Third World...

What you need to know about NIMS, a week to the mandatory listing

NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 24 Barely a week to the much-publicized registration of all Kenyan citizens, foreigners and refugees under the National Integrated Identity Management System (NIIMS)...

https://www.capitalf...datory-listing/

Government to block sim cards whose owners fail to beat Huduma Namba deadline

The Communications Authority Director General Francis Wangusi put Kenyans on notice over the importance of the National Integrated Management Systems (NIIMS), saying there will be dire consequences if they don't register. Among the punitive measures, he said will be the inability to use one's mobile phones, access to MPesa Service, Airtel Money, and ATM withdrawals. Kenyans are required to register for the NIIMS within the next 45 days.

https://www.standard...block-sim-cards

Edited by Atossa, 19 April 2019 - 07:17 PM.

#9 Zharkov

Zharkov

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35714 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

Kenyans will find ways to hack the government's blockade eventually.   Sim cards can be cloned, registration numbers can be copied, there is always a way out of stupidity if one is persistent.

Mandatory Technology is a form of slavery.    And that idea provides an opportunity for people to become anti-technology, and reject enforcement of technology mandates.    As I reject BMW because of them forcing unwanted technology upon the car owner, I also reject the expense of the i-Phone, the Blackberry, and on-line filing of tax returns. 

Freedom includes the right to reject technology, or some of it, as one chooses.   Kenyans can discard their cell phones and still function as before using land lines, public telephones, or postal service.   It's a human right to reject government decrees that are too expensive or useless.    If the reason for a law is arbitrary or capricious, or more often, ridiculous, then the courts will not enforce it.

#10 Zharkov

Zharkov

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35714 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:01 AM

Today I celebrated Hitler's birthday by not buying a BMW.

BMW cars are not selling like they used to, probably because of the electronic junk - electronic gear shift, electronic emergency brake, etc.   It's a nightmare to drive because you have to take your eyes off the road to see what gear you're in, and the emergency brake operates the reverse of normal expectation.    You have to push down on the emergency switch instead of pull up like all other cars.

My initial reaction was, what idiots would make such a car?

Many people agree with me, as the BMW lot was overflowing with new cars at discount prices and hardly any customers to look at them.

Jaguar made similar mistakes with an electronic gear shift that doesn't actually have linkage to the transmission but is only connected by wires.

Automotive engineers need a clue:    People prefer to drive their cars rather than have the car drive itself.

#11 RobertD

RobertD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21355 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:11 PM

With modern cars now days you cant even get into an engine, they are covered up...The main reason why no one should buy a BMW or Mercedes or now a VW is because they are controlled by the Star computer system which Mossad and CIA have control over.,,

Somebody should market a simple electronic motor controller to bypass all systems.

Something that just fires the plugs and run the injectors.

#12 Bruce M Cow

Bruce M Cow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3652 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:21 AM

I own 2 Mercedes  and they run great .

#13 Zharkov

Zharkov

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35714 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 02:12 AM

Electrical System problem of the 2015 BMW X5
Failure Date: 09/17/2018

Vehicle continues to throw itself into park while driving and intermittently shuts off after two weeks of purchasing, vehicle problems developed.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Electrical System problem of the 2007 BMW X5 17
Failure Date: 08/06/2018

My husband was driving down the road all of a sudden he couldn't stop and also, car caught on fire. Called and there's no recall, it should be recalled because my husband could have died.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Electrical System problem of the 2015 BMW X5
Failure Date: 01/15/2019

While driving on the I-15 south near camino del norte, my car caught on fire. The fire came from the inside, back, drivers side from the electrical components! as I entered the 15 a few miles before, I noticed all of the preset stations weren't working and then the car gave an air bag warning. After the airbag warning, there was a parking brake warning. That is when I pulled over, grabbed my purse, and noticed the car was on fire. I called 9-1-1. The fire department came and put the fire out.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Electrical System problem of the 2012 BMW X5 25
Failure Date: 05/04/2018

I was driving my BMW X5 and out of nowhere an "engine malfunction warning light" came up accompanied by an engine overheating, I immediately pulled over and called a tow-truck who took my X5 to the nears BMW dealer. The technician stated it was the ivm and the charge air pipe that needed to be replaced, after spending $1,500 on the 2 items, I drove out of the dealer and less than a mile down the road, the same "engine malfunction and vehicle overheating light" came back up. Called the dealer and another tow-truck pick up my X5, then I requested to speak with the shop manager who informed me the problem with the X5 was never pertaining to the ivm or charge air pipe, as they miss overlooked the diagnosis which stated the dme was not working. They change the dme and another $2,000 was charged, after it was repair and I drove away, the same engine malfunction light and vehicle overheating light came up, called the dealer and they told me that after changing the dme, the new diagnosis stated the water pump needed to be replaced and this was the part that was creating the engine malfunction and overheated vehicle warning to come up. I ended up changing the water pump and other vehicle parts, that did not needed to be changed and now a recall for the water pump came out. On the meantime, I spent almost $4,000. 00 on repairs when everything could have been done if they would have conducted the water pump recall. Who can reimburse me the amount of money paid? I sent the original dme to see if it was damage, and they came back stating it was not damage at all, therefore the problem was the water pump and not the dme, or ivm or charge air pipe. Please help!!!.
The suspension/subframe of the vehicle is rotted. Also, the electrical system is wacky. My speedometer and abs light turn on and off - including my engine and transmission light flash on and off. The vehicle has been check and there is anything wrong with the engine or transmission.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Electrical System problem of the 2008 BMW X5
Failure Date: 12/01/2018

Vehicle started smoke from engine area and caught on fire. Vehicle was in motion driving on a city street at normal speed. I pulled over and got myself and child out of vehicle. Vehicle preceded to burn and was fully engulfed. Fire fighters extinguished fire.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Electrical System problem of the 2009 BMW X5 9
Failure Date: 12/15/2018

My 2009 BMW X5 is exhibiting the same issues listed on the NHTSA campaign number 13v339000 relating to the fuel filter heater/ possible fire issue. Although the make, model, and year are exactly as listed on the NHTSA recall 13v339000 for some reason my vehicle�s VIN is not listed on the recall note.

I pleaded with the BMW dealership to repair this safety issue due to the fact that the make model and year are the same to no avail. My vehicle has a warning light indicating I have the issue with the heater as well as battery drain issues related to the heater staying on not by design. Please assist me with adding my vehicle VIN to the recall before someone gets hurt. Thank you.

Electrical System problem of the 2012 BMW X5 12
Failure Date: 10/19/2018

My battery was weak and the time came to change it. I changed the battery, the car starts beautifully. However I have a light system and restraint system malfunctions.

My internal lights do not work, my indicator lights do not work. I have been told that my frm needs to be replaced. After doing some research online I have learned that this is a common problem in the X5 series.

The vehicle has less than 50,000 miles on it and I only drive it on the weekends. This is the second major malfunction this year. The water pump needed replacement in February. I purchased this certified pos in 2016 from the mamaroneck dealership with 26000 on the vehicle. Oh I forgot to mention less than 6 months after purchasing the car there was an oil leak in the engine. I can't wait to finish paying for this car so I can go back to the more reliable Mercedes Benz that I was accustomed to.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.carproblemzoo.com/bmw/

Edited by Zharkov, 22 April 2019 - 02:14 AM.

#14 Ivan88

Ivan88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15124 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:39 PM

So, is BMW selling Fragelators to fix those cars?

#15 Zharkov

Zharkov

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35714 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:49 PM

One reason to keep your old cars running is that the new cars have electronic gear shifts that defy logic and common sense, and I think are dangerous.   

Test drive a BMW X5 SUV and discover the emergency brake was all electronic and one has to push down instead of pull up on the switch that activated it the way a normal emergency brake would work.  

In other words, you couldn't just apply the emergency brake as needed - it was either all off or all on.   And the switch lever was opposite of what you would expect.   And it would be very easy for something to fall on the switch lever or to accidentally rest your arm on the switch and lock up your brakes while speeding down the freeway, guaranteed to cause a major collision.

Likewise, the gear shift on automatic transmissions didn't physically move or shift but had electronic push buttons on it to change gears, so you never knew what gear you were in unless you took your eyes off the road to look at the shifter on the center between the seats.   Horrible safety risk!

One guy already got crushed to death from a similar electronic shifter, after putting his electronic shift into Park, going in front of the car to open his gate, and the car somehow went into drive and pinned him against the pillar of the gate until he died.

There are plenty of internet horror stories about these electronic controls that malfunction.   

In the BMW diesel cars, they require Urea fluid injection (like Bluetec) and the engine stops running automatically if the Bluetec fluid tank is empty.   And the fluid costs about $13.00 per gallon.   With the tank holding 8 gallons, any cost savings from diesel are wiped out.   BMW dealers charge over $300 to pour fluid into the tank, something anyone could do.   

All recent BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, among others have these electronic gear shifts that are illogical, confusing, and dangerous.   One likes to know if the car is in Park or Drive by the gear shift position, not some tiny LED light on the gear shift knob.

So I think the older cars are actually safer, better, and more reliable than the new junk they are selling to the public.   It's actually difficult trying to find a reliable, non-high tech automobile.

#16 Zharkov

Zharkov

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35714 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

#17 Zharkov

Zharkov

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35714 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:58 PM

#18 Zharkov

Zharkov

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35714 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:14 PM

#19 Bruce M Cow

Bruce M Cow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3652 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:00 AM

I agree they got to many buttons .They need to keep it simple that was why they lost the war .keep it simple and make lots of them .

#20 Zharkov

Zharkov

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35714 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:14 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 Pravda.Ru