Theme© by Fisana

Photo

Trump Executive Order to 'Censor the Internet' Denounced as Dangerous, Unconstitutional Edict

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mario Milano

Mario Milano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33785 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:01 AM

Leaked Draft of Trump Executive Order to 'Censor the Internet' Denounced as Dangerous, Unconstitutional Edict

"In practice, this executive order would mean that whichever political party is in power could dictate what speech is allowed on the Internet."

access_denied_censor_the_internet_order.

"It's hard to put into words how mind bogglingly absurd this executive order is," said Evan Greer, deputy director of Fight for the Future, following a leaked White House draft of what her group has dubbed the 'Censor the Internet' order. (Photo: alexskopje/iStock/Getty Images)

Civil liberties groups are warning of a major threat to online freedoms and First Amendment rights if a leaked draft of a Trump administration edict—dubbed by critics as a "Censor the Internet" executive order that would give powerful federal agencies far-reaching powers to pick and choose which kind of Internet material is and is not acceptable—is allowed to go into effect.

"If these reports are a trial balloon from the White House, then it's time to pop it." 
—Chris Lewis, Public Knowledge

According to CNN, which obtained a copy of the draft, the new rule "calls for the FCC to develop new regulations clarifying how and when the law protects social media websites when they decide to remove or suppress content on their platforms. Although still in its early stages and subject to change, the Trump administration's draft order also calls for the Federal Trade Commission to take those new policies into account when it investigates or files lawsuits against misbehaving companies."

While Politico was the first to report how the draft was being circulated by the White House, CNN notes that if put into effect, "the order would reflect a significant escalation by President Trump in his frequent attacks against social media companies over an alleged but unproven systemic bias against conservatives by technology platforms. And it could lead to a significant reinterpretation of a law that, its authors have insisted, was meant to give tech companies broad freedom to handle content as they see fit."

Following reporting on the leaked draft, free speech and online advocacy groups raised alarm about the troubling and far-reaching implications of the Trump plan if it was put into effect by executive decree.

Read more:https://www.commondr...unced-dangerous

Edited by Mario Milano, 12 August 2019 - 03:02 AM.

#2 Ivan88

Ivan88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15399 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:32 PM

When our bribed, blackmailed & insane congress & senate passed the Patriot Act, they authorized everything the system needs to do just about anything they want for the "homeland security" of Israelis.  We have no rights, only privileges that can be removed when ever they like.

Most people are the goyim 2 legged livestock, and the Pharisees are the ranchers.

What is funny about the Pharisees calling most of Mankind to be goyim is that is the name that Yahveh used to describe the offspring Abraham that would be as the sand of the sea and the stars.

Edited by Ivan88, 12 August 2019 - 02:34 PM.

#3 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12009 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:46 PM

"In practice, this executive order would mean that whichever political party is in power could dictate what speech is allowed on the Internet."

But they are basically doing it now.

This site has poignant and independent commentary with some good writers, better than many in the mainstream, yet it does not reach the audience it should right or wrong, but in the name of a free press.

Regards

#4 redline

redline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1426 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:53 PM

But they are basically doing it now.

This site has poignant and independent commentary with some good writers, better than many in the mainstream, yet it does not reach the audience it should right or wrong, but in the name of a free press.

Regards

Pravda, the equivalent of V for Vendetta

insert obligatory Atossa rant here...

Government blatantly lie to us everyday

the majority are blissfully stunned sheep that believe it...

Edited by redline, 12 August 2019 - 02:55 PM.

#5 Ivan88

Ivan88

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15399 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:54 PM

Many people, at times, worry about "the mark of the beast" not realizing that it is already in operation.

Their minds are marked by Talmudic doctrines, and their hands to Talmudic acts.

Preventing anything to the contrary is necessary to keep folks seduced, befuddled and blinded to the fate planned for them: to be reduced in population to 500 million world wide, and to be mere 2 legged livestock for their Masters.

#6 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12009 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:04 PM

Government blatantly lie to us everyday - the majority are blissfully stunned sheep that believe it...

As technology increases and the intelligence of the species fades away, I am in awe. It is hard to fathom how stupid the American citizen now is.

Regards

#7 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12009 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:17 PM

Many people, at times, worry about "the mark of the beast" not realizing that it is already in operation.

Their minds are marked by Talmudic doctrines, and their hands to Talmudic acts.

Preventing anything to the contrary is necessary to keep folks seduced, befuddled and blinded to the fate planned for them: to be reduced in population to 500 million world wide, and to be mere 2 legged livestock for their Masters.

I think about that outcome and how the Gospel says: "Let the one with understanding reckon the meaning of the number of the beast, for it is thenumber of a man. His number is 666." As the video explains, the English word "reckon" comes from the Greek word for "calculate" or "solve"."

If you do "calculate" with  Pythagorean interpretation then 666 may be 6 to the third power which is 216. Pythagoras claimed this was an average reincarnative cycle for a human being. ( Marvel not that Ye shall be born again ?????)

Lots going on there we don't know it all. But note my avatar. It scares me too. Humans are very bad beasts.

Regards

SilWolf4.jpg

#8 Bruce M Cow

Bruce M Cow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3959 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:35 PM

Jews own the internet,Trump is their Flunky

#9 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12009 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:50 PM

Jews own the internet,Trump is their Flunky

So where does Pravda and the Pravidian brand of legions inherit our freedom.

I know for myself I have done battle with jewish gangsters and their "tribe" for decades.

Regards

#10 redline

redline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1426 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:58 PM

As technology increases and the intelligence of the species fades away, I am in awe. It is hard to fathom how stupid the American citizen now is.

Regards

The truth is at everyone's fingertips and has been for a while. That will soon be taken away.

Free speech and communication of ideas at light speed is the biggest threat to them.

Soon the cellphone and computer will be declared as dangerous as the gun. thought crimes or intent will mark us all for any deviance from the official line.

we are watching..

this world when I grew up in the 60s and 70s was utopian in its simplicity.

#11 redline

redline

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1426 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:58 PM

I
Regards

Edited by redline, 12 August 2019 - 05:00 PM.

#12 shaktiman

shaktiman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12009 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:05 PM

this world when I grew up in the 60s and 70s was utopian in its simplicity. 

Pretty damn  close compared to now.

And the  kids in school are fed trash as well.

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2019 Pravda.Ru