• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Kraig

Kraig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:48 PM

It's not a matter of hidding. Probably 99.9% of the people entering in the US are not terrorists.

It's the way the US is generalizing its foreign affairs in a matter of "if you are not with me you are against me". :rolleyes:

Why should latin american countries be considered dangerous?

#22 former marine

former marine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:57 PM

once again i will say it is not the normal people from those countries but it is the terrorist that use those countries as there way into the us possing as someone from those countries

#23 Kraig

Kraig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:02 PM

Thanks gadfly for your understanding.

;)

#24 Mari

Mari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15430 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:12 PM

There is no point to fingerprinting anyone. What purpose would it serve? Hell, there are people here on student Visas that are no longer enrolled in school. They can't even keep track of that, how are fingerprints going to help.

Maybe we should just begin tagging people like they do sea turtles for tracking purposes. A nice big hoop right in the ear should do. :rolleyes:

#25 former marine

former marine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:33 PM

it wont help in every case , but if they are a marked terroist (which they have plenty of info on) they can do fingerprint matching and face recognizing technoligies to identify. and if they stop one it is worth it.

are these people really scared by having their fingerprint and photos taken?

come on

#26 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1036 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:42 PM

That's funny, if the government was concerned about victimizing everyone, they would do less or nothing. That is fallacious, actively doing something to help guard against attack is victimizing? Bah!

#27 former marine

former marine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:43 PM

mari,

are you blind to real world, by marked i mean people that are known or at least supspected terrorist on a watch list. that is what i am talking about.

i think it would be worth it to any of the families who would have lost a loved one in the attack.

that is true gandalf, just another bonus.

#28 former marine

former marine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:47 PM

here is a question, how much defferent is this than requiring a visa to enter a country, i had to get one and they fingerprinted me and took my picture just for the visa

i wasnt upset

#29 Mari

Mari

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15430 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 06:58 PM

Stored with those fingerprints will be other private indentifying information. Hopefully the servers storing this info will be more secure than the DOD's computers that were hacked this year (I think it was DOD, or military ?)

#30 B.U.S.H.T.A.P.O

B.U.S.H.T.A.P.O

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 07:22 PM

Are Israelies going to be fingerprinted?:D

#31 Pumpkin

Pumpkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2261 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:05 PM

Fingerprints have never been studied to determine how unique they really are. The only people who say fingerprints are unique are the people who make their living looking at them. Scientists have not researched their claims.

Unlike DNA, experts say there are no studies to disprove that over a large enough population there will be at least several different people with at least one fingerprint that matchs.

My objection to the collection of prints from innocent people is that they have the right to be left alone by government, unless probable cause exists to believe a crime occurred. People should object to fingerprinting merely for creating a database for unknown purposes in the future.

#32 seanus

seanus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2565 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:50 AM

nope Bushtappo !
Are Israelies going to be fingerprinted?

But they will be neuttered .
S

:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2020 Pravda.Ru