Jump to content

Theme© by Fisana
 

Photo

Hey Katje!


  • Please log in to reply
3306 replies to this topic

#1 picka

picka

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5373 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:43 AM

How do you like the *NEW* Mini?
  • 0

#2 Katje

Katje

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3989 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:06 AM

Wouldn't know. I heard that in the original "Italian Job" (on the video shelf thanks to my Dad), one of the drivers actually did a full barrel-roll in the tunnel sequence, but there was a "camera malfunction" that failed to capture this highly significant event in human history...

In my neck of the woods, there's at least one "old-school" Mini devotee...God, they're so cute...tires like a rider-mower...who can resist?
  • 0

#3 picka

picka

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5373 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:33 AM

That camera will never work in Hollywood again or Canada...wherever it was?

I didn't require a comparison, just your take on YOURS. You have one at this time right?

Gonna mod it?:P
Needs a supercharger and other crap
  • 0

#4 Katje

Katje

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3989 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:39 AM

Originally posted by picka
Gonna mod it?:P
Needs a supercharger and other crap

Why? It gets me to work on time, what?

Oh heck, this was one of those male things, wasn't it? I'm sorry...:(
  • 0

#5 picka

picka

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5373 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:44 AM

So you're one of those, "I put my key in it and it just goes :confused: " people.

No idea of the controlled CHAOS that is going on under the hood!

:rolleyes:

I am gonna ask serious shiite later...
  • 0

#6 Katje

Katje

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3989 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:43 AM

Originally posted by picka
So you're one of those, "I put my key in it and it just goes :confused: " people.

No idea of the controlled CHAOS that is going on under the hood!

What, the four-cycle universe of exhaust-intake-compression-FIRE world of the modern internal compression engine?

Just a phase, I'm afraid. In twenty years, kids'll be bragging about the horsepower available to the electric motors mounted behind each wheel in their electric's, and internal combustion engines will be relegated to the museums they belong in...
  • 0

#7 Katje

Katje

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3989 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:07 PM

Originally posted by TSCRYPTO
Nothing like sliding sideways with absolutely no fear of rolling...
:D

Had a VW Rabbit boyfriend with that same problem...apparently he had a high threshold of female shrieks in his right ear, because he never lost the habit...

Look, fellas, if women were meant for high acceleration and "skid ratios" we would've had big rubber slicks instead of legs, like some dragster sticker... :eek:
  • 0

#8 Katje

Katje

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3989 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:29 PM

Originally posted by picka
I am gonna ask serious shiite later...

That's okay, I'll just lie accordingly...What? Like any woman in your life (or any other man's life) ever told the truth?!

I'm only honest in my deception... :D
  • 0

#9 picka

picka

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5373 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:47 PM

Originally posted by Katje
Had a VW Rabbit boyfriend with that same problem...apparently he had a high threshold of female shrieks in his right ear, because he never lost the habit...

Look, fellas, if women were meant for high acceleration and "skid ratios" we would've had big rubber slicks instead of legs, like some dragster sticker... :eek:



Skid ratios:confused:

Some women like to get gnarly too:rolleyes: THEY like rollercoasters...same thrill :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You should have poked him in the eye instead of shrieking?
I don't get crazy with an unwilling participant. It is also far worse being the passenger in such situations than it is to be the driver!

I've had to shriek like a girly when my friend would drive like an insane person. I've had to request that he slow down.
He has also slid out while cornering an several occasions causing damage to his vehicle, so he can't say, "What's the big deal, I have never had a problem?"
  • 0

#10 picka

picka

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5373 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:31 PM

Originally posted by TSCRYPTO
When I was a young fella, I used to deliver pizzas in a mini...

Nothing like sliding sideways with absolutely no fear of rolling...

:D



How did the pizzas take to it?
  • 0

#11 picka

picka

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5373 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:49 PM

Originally posted by Katje
What, the four-cycle universe of exhaust-intake-compression-FIRE world of the modern internal compression engine?



...and advanced ignition timing, high boost pressure provided by a screamin' "internal compression ratio" supercharger, intercooling, stand-alone engine management, advancing or retarding you intake/exhaust cams, limited slip differentials... nitrous oxide, high octane gas

Women are so simple:)

Yeah, someday "kids" will be showing up at the "Gas and Sip" to show off their new high performance capacitors they got for there 'Lectric Car. With aftermarket liquid nitrogen superconductivity kit.
But still have the big ol stupid wing on the back the does nothing but slow the car down. :D

Recognize the PickaMobile??

Attached Thumbnails

  • picka mobile.jpg

  • 0

#12 gadfly

gadfly

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25894 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 11:36 PM

Guys and machines...what strange obsessions. :)

I care very much if my car gets me to work or not, that's about it. Can't be bothered with the missing hubcap because it doesn't impeded the function of the car. :P

Tscrypto's pizzas were probably all accordioned up in one side of the box! :D
  • 0

#13 Katje

Katje

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3989 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 09:17 AM

Originally posted by picka
I've had to shriek like a girly when my friend would drive like an insane person. I've had to request that he slow down.
He has also slid out while cornering an several occasions causing damage to his vehicle, so he can't say, "What's the big deal, I have never had a problem?"

Those are the worst...drivers who don't even recognize their own limits...:rolleyes:

I'm a good little driver, even use the signal on deserted roads... :)
  • 0

#14 picka

picka

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5373 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:59 AM

Originally posted by Katje
Those are the worst...drivers who don't even recognize their own limits...:rolleyes:



Gotta break a few eggs to make an omlette, Katje;)
How will you know where the line is unless you cross it?
Funny thing is, he is 45 right now. Mid life crisis? Arrested development? muahahaha

*should be done on a closed track ideally:o (or at least not in fairly populated areas)

There is this "new" phenomenon called "drifting". That is the worst thing to be showing stupid young males.
Kinda like figure skating but in a car. They drive around skidding and sliding but by design....

That is bad to show loosing traction as a good thing
:eek: I have seen the aftermath of a few 'wanna-be drifters' at the mechanic shop.

I always use my signal around town and such..... I hate when people don't signal.

BUT, when I am driving recklessly, signalling is on a need to know basis.:cool:
MY reasoning is thus...when I am riding my bike and am going to pass other cyclists, I can say "on your left" or something to let them know I am coming. Some people hold still or move right a tad so you can pass. Then the danger folks are the ones that get confused and move right then swing left and turn around to see where you are coming from, swearvin' all over.....
I have found stealth to be the best! If they don't know I am coming that can't *** up!

What's a hubcap, Gadfly?
  • 0

#15 RepGal

RepGal

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2812 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:23 AM

Ahhhhhhh....took a long drive in the new Mini Cooper S yesterday.

Mini Cooper Yes.
  • 0

#16 picka

picka

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5373 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:24 AM

Originally posted by RepGal
Ahhhhhhh....took a long drive in the new Mini Cooper S yesterday.

Mini Cooper Yes.



Did you get funky? Or just cruise................
  • 0

#17 RepGal

RepGal

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2812 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:28 AM

The thing has six speeds...no, not including reverse. ;) I redlined it only once. I'd only driven it about two miles previously.

In other words, I tried to behave myself. But it's a fun car.
  • 0

#18 Katje

Katje

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3989 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:34 AM

Originally posted by picka
There is this "new" phenomenon called "drifting". That is the worst thing to be showing stupid young males.
Kinda like figure skating but in a car. They drive around skidding and sliding but by design....

You Americans and your suicidal impulses... :rolleyes:

I saw on the news that they now have these miniature motorcycles, that look like pee-wee size Japanese superbikes...apparently they can get up to 65 km/hour with your knees hanging down about a palm's width from the pavement. None of the riders was wearing a helmet or padding, natch... :eek:

Then again, I came across this, not too long ago. Forget "American", maybe it's just a guy thing... :P
  • 0

#19 RepGal

RepGal

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2812 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:40 AM

Well, if Giuliani was mayor, it was about three years ago...and about that time there was a short (and quickly fading) fad of surfing on cars, too...guess losing all the flesh from one's shoulder and hip (the lucky ones) took all the glamour out of it...
  • 0

#20 picka

picka

    Registered User

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5373 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 04:42 AM

Originally posted by Katje
You Americans and your suicidal impulses... :rolleyes:

I saw on the news that they now have these miniature motorcycles, that look like pee-wee size Japanese superbikes...apparently they can get up to 65 km/hour with your knees hanging down about a palm's width from the pavement. None of the riders was wearing a helmet or padding, natch... :eek:

Then again, I came across this, not too long ago. Forget "American", maybe it's just a guy thing... :P



Natch:confused:
You have to wear a helmet in California for sure.
I haven't heard of a new rise in lil' bike accidents but they made the news paper the other day.
Some people were using them around town and they aren't street legal.

Without us suicidal males, we would have never left the fertile crescent.
Can you imagine 6 billion people crammed in that little space!

Mini Coopers are pretty heavy for a lil car!
Got any specs for them? Power etc...
  • 0




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2020 Pravda.Ru