• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Pumpkin

Pumpkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2261 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:24 PM

By any measure, the German-speaking world has made enormous contributions to world culture, whether in the areas of music, art, literature, philosophy, education, or science.

To cite just a few examples, our understanding of education and the liberal arts is indebted to Wilhelm von Humboldt; of relativity to Einstein; of social theory to Max Weber, who inspired American sociology; of the human mind to Freud. It should be noted that German philosophy (particularly Nietzsche, who heavily influenced recent French philosophy) has been essential to contemporary understandings of diversity and multiculturalism.

A knowledge of German significantly enriches one

#2 Spartano

Spartano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:27 PM

http://www.germancross.com

#3 gonzo

gonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14844 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:31 PM

refreshing for a change

#4 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:33 PM

A thread about Germany/Germans that has a positive direction. What a wonder.:rolleyes:

#5 Spartano

Spartano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:36 PM

"Niemand jedoch sprach ?ffentlich von ihm aus Furcht vor den Juden. " Johannes 7:13

#6 gonzo

gonzo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14844 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:40 PM

one of my favorite sayings

"There is a limit to everything".

#7 seanus

seanus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2565 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:44 PM

That GERMANS look up and stop feeling guilty for what happended some years ago.
Do not repeat it , thank you very much...:D ) but, yes by all means feel proud of your many accomplishments .
And a word of advice, if I may.:P ..Germany's future lies with a strong EU, not a weak America.
S.

#8 Spartano

Spartano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:50 PM

Imperial Germany and Holy Imperial Mother Russia are sisters. Sisters for ever. Sister for Eternity.

http://www.imperium-europa.org

Spartano

#9 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 10:54 PM

"Damn grammar !"

You say it.;)

"Great - now you ONLY have to convince the russian on this board that it is so "

This could be a bit of a problem.:D

#10 vigorous

vigorous

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53988 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:03 PM

It would be foolish in the extreme to ignore German
opinion in the world today. I like the way the Germans
don't feel they need to shove it down your throat. To my
mind, that makes me curioser to find out what they think
so I go after it. In the days after 9-11 and leading up to
the bombing of Afghanistan, it was German news I sought
out. Not American; not British; not Russian; not French or Canadian or Australian but German news.

I don't feel it's necessary relentlessly to to bring forward
the 20th Century.

#11 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:11 PM

I would just like to know what the Russians here on board think of people like Schirinowskij or Mitrofanov who have a positive attitude towards Germany.

#12 Spock

Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:13 PM

WWII will not end in people`s minds before the last person actually remembering it will have died.

#13 Spartano

Spartano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:15 PM

Khalida

Germans and Russians need only a little inspirarion and spirit to become brothers of battle, brothers to the bone, brothers to the blood.

I am in charge of providing that Inspiration and Spirit to accelerate the creation of http://www.imperium-europa.org

The sound of their brave singing is heard! We are coming, brave comrades!

Your White Aryan brothers in England, Sweden, Nigeria, Iceland,
America, South Africa, Italy, France, Denmark, Argentina, Mother Russia -- EVERYWHERE -- hear you! We are COMING! MARCHING! FIGHTING! The Great Day of JUSTICE DRAWS NIGH!

More inspiration and spirit: http://www.nationalv...ory.php?id=1382

From the IMPERIAL and CELESTIAL city of SPARTA:

Spartano

#14 STLRUS

STLRUS

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:22 PM

German and Russian cultures are so close, it is for Germans really to realise if you want the land, glory and the empire you take on the Russian culture adding your own as you go. It was always like this in the past and will be in the future. Make a disision.

#15 Spock

Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:37 PM

Folks, whether Europe and Russia decide to make a strong alliance is not a question of race, history and only to a small degree culture, it`s a strategical decission. It`s the simple, but fundamental question whether we ( Europe and Russia ) want to play a serious role in 21st century global politics or if we want to let the yanks dominate the planets political landscape. I would like to see this alliance growing, because I think it has great potential. But this can only happen if we learn to see our last war as what it is - history.

#16 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:42 PM

"Folks, whether Europe and Russia decide to make a strong alliance is not a question of race, history and only to a small degree culture, it`s a strategical decission. It`s the simple, but fundamental question whether we ( Europe and Russia ) want to play a serious role in 21st century global politics or if we want to let the yanks dominate the planets political landscape. I would like to see this alliance growing, because I think it has great potential. But this can only happen if we learn to see our last war as what it is - history."

Well said, i`ve nothing to add.

#17 doyoucare

doyoucare

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4270 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:43 PM

Germans have always looked down on Russians. Do you realy think anything has changed?

#18 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:49 PM

What reason should Germans have to look down on Russians? Don`t compare the normal German with Hitler and his inhuman, anti-slavic ideology.

#19 Spock

Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:52 PM

I don`t think many Germans look down on Russians, infact many admire them for their cultural achievements, most of the problems were due to mutual lack of knowledge and thus susceptibility for propaganda.

#20 seanus

seanus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2565 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:57 PM

It is just that I am of the opinion, that Europe will consolidate its reputation as a powerful and truly independent center of world politics, firmly and for the long term, if it can join its own capabilities with Russia's possibilities--with the human, territorial and natural resources, and the economic, cultural and defense potential of Russia."

(President Putin in his address to the German Reichstag)

Way to go PUTIN.
Never mind what differences exist between russia and Germany .The truth is that they must unite and block the American hegemony that is facing the world today.
Putin is therefore right on the money
S.:D :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2020 Pravda.Ru