Theme© by Fisana

Photo

White Dog Shit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Where did all the white dog shit go? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Where did all the white dog shit go?

1. I don't know. What an amazing mystery (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Nowhere. It never existed (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. It never went anywhere. It's still out there (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Taken by aliens (1 votes [8.33%])

5. It used to be left by aliens but they've stopped leaving it (1 votes [8.33%])

6. Dogs stopped eating whatever weird stuff that got turned into white dog shit (1 votes [8.33%])

7. Dogs stopped shitting the white stuff because the brown stuff attracts more shoes (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

8. Something else happened to it (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DownWithFascism

DownWithFascism

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11842 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:43 PM

Mysterious, isn't it? When was the last time you ever saw a white dog shit? Have you ever seen a white dog shit? Can it still be found in certain parts of the world, or has it vanished from the face of the Earth?

#2 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:04 PM

The shit on the streets of our town
Comes in different shay-eeds of brown

(half-forgotten song about dogshite by forgotten band on john peel's radio1 show)
the "white" colour is mentioned in the song also. i remember them having a joke with peel about it after playing the song live.
i could google it, but the link would not succumb. peel said something like "i don't think we have white any more in britain. i think the diet for dogs has improved." american band./

"white turd of holy ghost" - james joyce notebook entry

#3 Source

Source

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9046 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:48 PM

there's no shortage of stale shit on pravda, dwf, maybe you're looking in the wrong places.

#4 stranger

stranger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6747 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:57 PM

<<there's no shortage of stale shit on pravda, dwf, maybe you're looking in the wrong places.>>

I'd argue with you here, Source.
Stale shit on Pravda is constantly renewed and cultivated, you know. :D

#5 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 10:12 PM

The Andy Kershaw Session on BBC Radio 1
(Friday 18th June '99)

This interview was recorded on Monday 14th June (the day after the concert at Ronnie Scott's), but was broadcast the following Friday morning at a ridiculous 'off peak' time, - between Midnight and 2.am. Right up till the very last minute, there was no advertising for the interview and session (either in the media or on the BBC's own Website), so I'm sure very few Loudo fans in the UK heard it. I only happened to tune in, because I went backstage, and heard Loudon say that he was going to do an interview for the show.

[..]

They chatted about the recently issued BBC Sessions CD. Loudon said he had four or five 90 minute cassettes of music (from which he selected the songs for the CD), and said "there may well be a volume 2, barring premature rock death", Andy joked that "THEN there certainly will" - (like box sets, anthologies etc).

After a few of Andy's records, Loudo was back with a song from the new album. He explained the circumstances which lead him to write it, several years back during the festivities for Bill Clinton's inauguration, and then played . . .

Song : 'Inaugural Blues'

Next, he announced it was time for the new single.

Andy : (laughing) "Why do you bother with singles?"

Loudon : "Well, because I'm desperate. There's still a glimmer of hope. I want it to be 'Skunk time' all over again. Now I know that IWIWAL didn't do too well - we even tried it out here . . . "

Andy : (thinking of previous LWIII singles) "Cardboard Boxes? - had a good 'B' side though."

Loudon : "What was the 'B' side?"

Andy : "Errr . . . Colours!!!"

Loudon : (impressed at Andy's encyclopaedic knowledge) "Oh, VERY GOOD"

Andy : ". . . . . and I've always had this little fantasy that some Radio 2 producer will pick it up and go "hmmm, 'Colours', that sounds rather nice . . .

Loudon : " . . and then it's about dog shit. Well it'll be in the box set!!!!"

Andy : "Richard through the glass is telling me that they did!!!"

(Andy sings) "Oh the shit on the streets of our town . . . "

Back to seriousness, and Loudon introduces . . .

Song : 'Y2K'

'Y2K' is the American term for the 'Millennium Bug' widely predicted to occurr at the Year 2000. It's packed with lyrics gleefully predicting absolute chaos at the end of the year / century, although Loudon agreed with Andy that he didn't think anything would happen at all. He says "I just wanted to cash in on the paranoia of the whole thing."

Andy asks did he ever do a song about the Royal Family, Loudon says, "yes, I did 'Prince Of Wales' but we decided not to use it", though he thought it was rather a cool song with some very good lines (quotes some).

http://www.maguire22...on/kershaw.html

IWIWAL - i wish i was a lesbian, right? remember hearing that at a friend's house years ago.

louden wainwright III then. it wasn't on kershaw's show i heard the dawgshite song. wainwright played it live on peel's show. it was maybe late 2001.

#6 xagversum

xagversum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:05 PM

I don't think you 'eat' anything that turns it white, but it is a lack of specific properties in the food you eat which means it is white. Maybe no sugar and lots of black tea and white bread, but not for the dog of course.

Joyce's "white turd of holy ghost" might be a clue. Purity maybe, uncontaminated by a high-sugar content (or whatver else) which makes it brown. Firecat might know about this, he seems to be a multi-talented chap. Knows about toothbrushes and music tech.

#7 Guest_piehunt_*

Guest_piehunt_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2004 - 02:56 PM

DWF,
White dog-shite, yeah, it is kinda funny where it all went too. Maybe the dog-shit thieves nicked it? They are all over Eston. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2020 Pravda.Ru