1728 replies to this topic

#41 ganapati

ganapati

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10170 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 12:08 PM

Originally posted by coconut01
The US GDP is about $10 trillion compared to that the trade deficit is lunch money.

Are you incapable of comprehension or are you just acting stupid? How much volume your "GDP" is your business, when you want things others have you need to provide something in return.

Regulation of the US lunch money can be done at the expense of free trade, but free trade will bring global per capita income up and make our high tech manufacturing affordable for export assuming that global development makes the block on overseas shipping of high end technology nonsequitur.

I am not sure what "high tech" you are speaking of. Because the last time we had some US Admininstration official here in India, that guys was begging/demanding us to buy agricultural products and "services". Doesn't look pretty "high tech" to me.

Product life cycle add that to your lexicon. Oil is going the way of the Twinkie. I hope you like plastic. You can-t squeeze water from a rock, but you can make electricity from sand, storing it is the kicker.

Now I see that you need to learn a little physics.

First Law of Thermodynamics: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only change forms.

Second Law of Thermodynamic: (This can be stated in many forms. Here is one) The amount of energy available for useful work decreases whenever energy changes forms.

Now these, unlike economic theories, are laws verified in the laboratory for their empirical validity in a zillion experiments.

For you to generate electricity from any source, it must have some useful energy. And the quantity of energy available when converted to electricity is less than in its original form. If the original form was otherwise unusuable like flowing water, that is fine. Otherwise someone is just selling a dollar for less than 100 cents, he can't expect to make profit.

All the production and much more that you see around is the result of the concentrated energy sources, fossil fuels. When you can't get your hands on enough of them (you import a lot of them), you'll have a jolly good time with all your "GDP"!

I can easily see that you are not energy savvy and someone had sold you a real pipe dream. Enjoy it until reality hits!

#42 coconut01

coconut01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 12:14 AM

Are you incapable of comprehension or are you just acting stupid? How much volume your "GDP" is your business, when you want things others have you need to provide something in return.

The Trade Deficit is the measured in US$ in the US, but refers to the difference between your apples I ship and my oranges I ship.

I am not sure what "high tech" you are speaking of. Because the last time we had some US Administration official here in India, that guys was begging/demanding us to buy agricultural products and "services". Doesn't look pretty "high tech" to me.

The US does have some surplus agricultural products to market. There seems to be a lot of cheese it is sold in foil packs on racks in the cooler at a good price it is good and cheaper than candy.

Thermodynamics

Thermodynamics how quaint do you use that with your steam engine, let me see maybe it is law of the conservation of energy of which you speak. That-s funny do you carry your steam engine around to power your lap top. You know there are a lot of electrons out there and they are all free. Maybe you should learn a little about electrochemistry or cold fusion.

http://sci-toys.com/...echem/chap3.gif

:D

#43 ganapati

ganapati

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10170 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:33 PM

The depth and vastness of your knowledge is simply astounding :D

Electricity from chemicals? Cold fusion? :D :D :D

Have fun!

#44 tjt517

tjt517

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7885 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:40 PM

I do not think that there will be a depression but economic policy in America today is very bad and I do not think that we will see a return to the 90s anytime soon.

#45 coconut01

coconut01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:44 AM

Originally posted by tjt517
I do not think that there will be a depression but economic policy in America today is very bad and I do not think that we will see a return to the 90s anytime soon.

The 90 were interesting because the computer market hit the saturation point.

There are technologies that have potential for a boom market, but not this one. This could be more flat. There is a lot of value still in the market. The peak is still years off. The traditional employment cost ramp up may have a dampener. The volume is slowly returning. The volatility is diminishing. Many chapter 11 corporations are firming-up. The bulls arn't on the run. maybe soon

#46 TDPushkin

TDPushkin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11383 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:53 AM

There is a proposal being pushed in the IMF of what amounts to GOLD price fixing.

Of course there is that fashionable excuse of debt forgiving third world etc yadayadayada...

All western countries are trying to do is fix their books.

Was shot down by Canada as a non starter.

Canada happens to be the only country which has fixed its books a long time ago (Liberal far sightedness).

Small conflict of interest, we are major Gold producing country.

But this has nothing to do with this decision.

We just know that this proposal is a sign of economic crisis for which countries don't have the spine to do the right thing. Reduce their expenditure or tell their citizens the clouds gathering and extract tax to the extent possible.

#47 Atossa

Atossa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45502 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:15 AM

March 11, 2005

or thereabouts ;)

#48 coconut01

coconut01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:48 PM

This is the best I can do, what is that your un birthday?

ROBOTS

March 11, 2005

Synopsis: Twentieth Century Fox and Academy Award winning director Chris Wedge, who last joined forces on the blockbuster animated hit "Ice Age," now team to create another visually spectacular, three-dimensional world, with an all-star, award-winning cast, in "Robots". Beyond the scope, freshness and vibrancy of an incredible world populated solely by mechanical beings, Wedge and his team are creating memorable robots, each with "his" / "her" own distinct personality. The result is a timeless tale that pushes the boundaries of animation, while introducing characters rich with whimsy, heart and soul.

#49 Eric

Eric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:59 PM

:confused:

#50 Pliny

Pliny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3587 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:48 PM

Originally posted by Atossa
March 11, 2005

or thereabouts ;)

Do you think if Americans vote Nader he can hold it off for a few years. I'm not ready yet. :eek:

#51 vladzo

vladzo

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16824 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:53 PM

to all ::::::::::::::::::

i would hope that this is true only ONLY ( i repeat ONLY IF) if GW continues in the white house.

because if some form of economic collapse occurs while the democrats are in the white house, they shall know exactly what to do. the democrats have solved depressions before, roosevelt solved a depression.

vlad

#52 Pliny

Pliny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3587 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:43 AM

Originally posted by vladzo
to all ::::::::::::::::::

i would hope that this is true only ONLY ( i repeat ONLY IF) if GW continues in the white house.

because if some form of economic collapse occurs while the democrats are in the white house, they shall know exactly what to do. the democrats have solved depressions before, roosevelt solved a depression.

vlad

Roosevelt did not solve a depression. Prozac did not exist at the time.

Roosevelt did all he could to prolong the depression.

March 11, 2005. Is 11 a magic number? Are we going to call it 311?

#53 sb11

sb11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46633 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:12 AM

Rasindia, my teacher says artha is wed to dharma

true wealth can only come from righteousness

Phalahari (fruitarian) diet yields 450,000 or more lbs.
per acre, while the murder in the slaughterhouse yields
only 100 to 1000

#54 coconut01

coconut01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:41 PM

Originally posted by sb11
Rasindia, my teacher says artha is wed to dharma

true wealth can only come from righteousness

Phalahari (fruitarian) diet yields 450,000 or more lbs.
per acre, while the murder in the slaughterhouse yields
only 100 to 1000

All of what you say is true but how does the righteous complete a protein strand with fruit?

#55 Atossa

Atossa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45502 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:26 AM

Originally posted by Pliny

March 11, 2005. Is 11 a magic number? Are we going to call it 311?

3-11-05 is 42 months [3 and a half years] from 9-11-01

Rev 13

#56 seanus

seanus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2565 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:51 AM

Originally posted by nero
Amazing how idiiots and anti-semites who are totaly uneducated, and who have never studied the most rudimentory coursed in economics, are presuming to be experts in the field. What a funny joke.

I am not sure what an anti-semite is anymore....
Israelis have pushed the envelope so much that it is hard to figure out where the lines are..
I think the jews have cried wolf so many times that the term anti-semite does not apply any longer. It has lost all meaning.
As far as predicting the end of the US economic empire, it does not take a PHD to see that this country is heading for disaster.
I will tell you one thing that is even more certain than that , and that is the end of the American social fabric.
The end of civility in America.
I don't care who wins on NOV 2nd, it's gonna be WAR...It has already started!
Seanus

#57 Atossa

Atossa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45502 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:59 AM

Speaking of the evil perverted demonic ANTI-CHRIST jews....

Is the ruse working ?

Are they dumping dollars in favor of that fiat currency...
the Euro :eek: ;) :cool:

#58 Pliny

Pliny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3587 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:46 AM

Are there orders out to all Jews to increase anti-semitism?

A guy comes here professing to be a semite, which he probably isn't but thinks he is because he's Jewish, calls everybody uneducated idiots, and from that can't figure out why anti-semitism seems to be increasing. :rolleyes:

The jews on this forum aren't really jews, are they?
They certainly aren't doing anything to help defuse the growing crisis.
Is this the ruse you are speaking of Atossa?

#59 Atossa

Atossa

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45502 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:49 AM

Originally posted by Pliny

Is this the ruse you are speaking of Atossa?

The ruse I am speaking of... will DESTROY the
evil perverted demonic ANTI-CHRIST JEW/NWO
once and for all !!

:)

#60 Pliny

Pliny

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3587 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:55 AM

I see. I guess that means you don't think there are any good jews?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2020 Pravda.Ru