#5021 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5686 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:13 PM

Your hint:

"Little drummer boy......."

(The point of her post is not about me, its about the thread)

#5022 Saint

Saint

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4795 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:53 PM

Originally posted by Adam
Your hint:

Hi Adam,

Great to see this uplifting thread on the front page of main. :yip:

#5023 shydove

shydove

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6974 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Adam
Your hint:

geeez. even *I* can't find it.

:mad:

#5024 Adam

Adam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5686 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

Originally posted by shydove
well dang, i missed it too! but even reading it, you can sense the feeling :)

ok. i gotta get a bit soft and cuddly for a moment. everybody but Adam, close your eyes. i wouldnt wanna traumatize you all with a different side of me ;) pardon the length, and scroll on by :)

Adam -

I was going to pm this to you because what i intend to say puts me in a rather vulnerable spot....but i think you deserve this to be said right here. i know that many reading it may snicker and scoff..but this is not for them. its for you. and i know for sure, that you will completely understand the significance of what i'm saying.

the other night, the song "little drummer boy" came on the radio, and i thought of you.

here is everyone, running about, buying christmas gifts....doing errands....setting up decorations. and here on this forum....life went on. arguments went on.....hatred still raged.

and then, this little thread appeared. at first, it didnt garner more than a passing glance. and then, you'd pop in to read it more and more. and all of a sudden....you see people interacting differently. you see attitudes change. no, not toward political policies, but toward people.

as each page passed, and everyone got so excited and pulled together as we approached your goal.....the people of this forum got blessing after blessing, even if they didnt know it.

pa rup pup pup pum....your gift. such a small gesture. that had such large impact. i know its just a story, but i've always liked the little drummer boy. and i always liked how people fell silent, as the boy softly played. and they felt something new, or were reminded of whats really important.

maybe you've seen me fall a little more silent (not totally....i think a miracle of that magnitude is reserved for the end times ;) ) maybe you've seen me soften a bit. stop fighting about silly stuff....and start interacting more openly warmly toward people here the way i used to. (or...maybe you havent, who knows? lol....either way, azov isnt *totally* off the hook *g*)

pa rup pup pup pum. your gift to *me* specifically....was your witness. not only on this thread, but for every soft answer to a harsh response you gave. for your ability to embrace everyone. anyone. for your way of *finding* good things in people.....which i think time on this forum makes most of us forget to do. in fact, we do the opposite.

you've helped me remember who i am. but more importantly......"who's" i am, after a long dark path. and thats better than any xmas present you could buy.

this forum has a way of bringing out the absolute worst in people. and maybe days, or even weeks from now....people will go back to the daily grind here, and lose sight. i may do that from time to time. but at this time, you've managed to bring out the best in people. and you've enhanced this forum, and all of us who participated on this thread. and i cannot think of another person on this forum who could have done that with success.

and for this reason, i nominate you, as "pravda personality of the year".

Thank you for your gift. and may your christmas be blessed, safe, and happy

:)

hey! all you other people....you're *peeking*!

now...the rest of you guys reading.....not for my sake, but for adams.....if you feel reason to scoff......stifle it. pm me. go to my forum and laugh. whatever. let this gift to adam stand.

Your Doveness,

This is why you will always be among the coolest in my book.

:s cool:

#5025 moulderx1

moulderx1

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 10902 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:04 AM

Still the best Adam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2020 Pravda.Ru